• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Finding DVC through RCI

Craigvince

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are several DVC Sarasota Springs weeks showing up in my RCI Weeks account, but the TPUs are more than I have deposited. When I log into my RCI Points account, they don't show up there, even though I have over 500k points available. Am I missing something?

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
It's in the weeks inventory side of RCI.
Call up RCI and ask them to book a unit for you over the phone.
It's worth the $20 extra but unfortunately sometimes you gotta pay it if you really want the unit.
I've had guides pull inventory from each side if they know how to do it.
Might have to get a supervisor to do it.

Also if you own your RCI points in Orlando you won't see DVC units.

Craigvince

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also if you own your RCI points in Orlando you won't see DVC units.

That's very interesting. My points home property IS in Orlando, but my weeks property is in South Africa. So I should do my searches through my weeks account and then call RCI on the phone to book it with my points account?

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
My points home property IS in Orlando
Then you will not be able to book a DVC unit on Points---even if you call. There is a regional block. You will need to combine two (or more) Weeks units to get sufficient TPU to make the exchange, assuming you are willing to do so.

JPD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Saw a one bedroom for this resort on the weeks side two days ago. They wanted 45 TPU's. for a 20 Jun check in date. I let it pass, too rich for my blood.

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a Wyndham points timeshare owner. I use RCI on the weeks side and ONLY see Disney's Saratoga Springs deposits for exchange.

I have not seen any other Disney properties for several months now?

I wonder why my RCI account only shows Disney's Saratoga Springs? There are several available dates but for ONLY this property. Is this all that is really available for exchange purposes? I wonder if this is this a new policy change unless you request an ongoing search?

Has any one else noticed this?

Cynthia T. :)

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
Using RCI exchange through the weeks side, I have stayed cheaply in past years at Walt Disney World Resorts in a 1 Bedroom Villa for 105K Wyndham Points + RCI exchange fee.

2X Disney's Beach Club Villas
1X Disney's Wilderness Resort Villas
1X Disney's Bay Lake Towers
1X Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort

It used to be very easy to find a variety of Disney properties even without an ongoing search.

I don't feel I was lucky either. However, I think there is a change in deposits and how RCI does exchange with inventory that they may have?

In the past, I would regularly see Disney's Vero Beach and Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort and Animal Kingdom Villas in addition to Disney's Saratoga Springs.
Last year, I even saw Aulani once listed on RCI - but it was for dates that were not appealing to me.

I think those days are gone... I only see Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort every time I go to RCI for exchange and it always seems available for various dates within a 6 month window.

I'm just saying, I think things have changed. It seems now the only way to possibly get matched for other properties is with an ongoing search.

I was wondering if others noticed this change too? If not, maybe something is not right with my RCI exchange account? I am not pulling up what I used to see. That's all.

wed100105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Using RCI exchange through the weeks side, I have stayed cheaply in past years at Walt Disney World Resorts in a 1 Bedroom Villa for 105K Wyndham Points + RCI exchange fee.

2X Disney's Beach Club Villas
1X Disney's Wilderness Resort Villas
1X Disney's Bay Lake Towers
1X Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort

It used to be very easy to find a variety of Disney properties even without an ongoing search.

I don't feel I was lucky either. However, I think there is a change in deposits and how RCI does exchange with inventory that they may have?

In the past, I would regularly see Disney's Vero Beach and Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort and Animal Kingdom Villas in addition to Disney's Saratoga Springs.
Last year, I even saw Aulani once listed on RCI - but it was for dates that were not appealing to me.

I think those days are gone... I only see Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort every time I go to RCI for exchange and it always seems available for various dates within a 6 month window.

I'm just saying, I think things have changed. It seems now the only way to possibly get matched for other properties is with an ongoing search.

I was wondering if others noticed this change too? If not, maybe something is not right with my RCI exchange account? I am not pulling up what I used to see. That's all.

Yes, I have seen a change as well. We stayed at BCV (July 2012), BLT (January 2013), BLT (spring break 2014), and had an AKV (November 2014) for a friend. I check regularly, and haven't seen anything besides a few Saratoga Springs and Old Key West. I used to see a lot more than I have seen lately.

I started an ongoing search last June (2014) for June-July 2016. I had BLT, Wilderness Lodge, BCV, and AKV for a one bedroom that sleeps five or a two bedroom. I called Saturday (wish I would have thought of this earlier :doh::doh::doh:) and started another ongoing search for the same dates but included all Disney resorts for 2 bedrooms. I will take a match as soon as possible for a one bedroom, and keep the 2 bedroom search going.

2goofykiddos

Reaction score
I have noticed this as well and it is quite disappointing. I have gotten WL and BLT in the past, but could only get SS this time and it is all I have seen. If anyone is a member of the other board I would love to hear what they are saying over there. I am thinking that Disney has decided other resorts are easier to sell so they are only letting the units deposited be for SSR and KW. Sad, though.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I have noticed this as well and it is quite disappointing. I have gotten WL and BLT in the past, but could only get SS this time and it is all I have seen. If anyone is a member of the other board I would love to hear what they are saying over there. I am thinking that Disney has decided other resorts are easier to sell so they are only letting the units deposited be for SSR and KW. Sad, though.

Better than no Disney at all!