• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bringing back pack to Epcot.

topmom101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbour Lake, Divi Phoenix, Coconut Palm II
We are going to Epcot tomorrow. We would like to pack a back pack with some beverages and snacks. Is it allowed?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Have a great time! :hi:

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Consider carring in water, the price in the park is very high. I actually took two gallons, frozen, in our back pack and drank it as it thawed.

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
Consider carring in water, the price in the park is very high. I actually took two gallons, frozen, in our back pack and drank it as it thawed.

There's really no need to carry it in. Any counter service or full serve restaurant offer cups of water free of charge. Just ask!

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
There's really no need to carry it in. Any counter service or full serve restaurant offer cups of water free of charge. Just ask!

My trip was a while ago and the free water wasn't readily available.

It's good to know they do offer it.

We would plop ourselves down on a bench and take a drink often. As I got more worn down the bottles got lighter so it worked well. The three of us did not completely drink the two gallons but it was close.

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score

Orlando Water may be Potable, but it tastes like it belongs in the Potty.

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
They serve the same water used to mix soft drinks. ;)

I don't drink those either (Sugar and potty water is still flavored potty water).

I treat orlando like Mexico Light... if it doesn't come from a can or a bottle, I don't touch it (Hint... What costs $5 on disney propertly costs $1 at publix less than 10 minutes away).

I will eat salad at restaurants in disney (sometimes), although the prices are out of this world.....

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
We are going to Epcot tomorrow. We would like to pack a back pack with some beverages and snacks.

Getting back to the topic..... They will likely search the backpack.
So, I suggest that you give it a good going thorough, first.
Unexpected things, like booze, drugs, bombs & murder weapons, can mean trouble.

topmom101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbour Lake, Divi Phoenix, Coconut Palm II
We are back from a fantastic day at Epcot. We did pack a small cooler which we placed inside a back pack with water bottles, some food items and snacks. The back pack was searched but it was a cursory search at best. The guard asked us to unzip the pack and the cooler, barely peeked inside, didn't ask what the cooler contained and waved us in.

FYI, the price of a one day ticket to Epcot is now $103.31 tax included. The best ride, hands down, is Soaring. We waited 1 and 1/2 hours and the ride was only 5 minutes but, boy, it's mind blowing.

JPD

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do it all the time, I have never been questioned during the bag search. I can't drink soda's so it's only water and a bottle of poweraid to replace the electrolytes. And as a poster already said, some of the bigger places to eat will give you a free cup of ice water.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
If you don't take a backpack into EPCOT, you will be one of the few who don't have one.

JPD

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you really don't want to carry anything, you can always rent a locker just inside the entrance to the park. We always travel in large groups and need a change of cloths for the kids. This always works great for us, no one is carrying a bag all day, and the things you need is close by.