• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORV Lahaina shuttle

nell

TUG Member
Reaction score
WKORV now has a shuttle to Lahaina.:cheer: Sorry if I missed this in another thread but I just saw this on mystarcentral.

Jonelle

It runs every hour and includes the stops at the Sheraton and Westin Hotel. Does anyone know if this means that there is no longer a shuttle just between the hotels?

Last edited:

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
Not sure. It must be new. We were there in June and the shuttle only went to the hotels. To catch a shuttle to Lahaina you had to walk across the street to the other hotel and catch the Lahaina Trolley.

Maybe someone who has recently gone can let us know.

P.S. Where did you find it on mystarcentral. I looked but I don't see it. Thanks.

Last edited:

nell

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's actually on the westinkaanapli website (I went to it through mystarcentral and got mixed up). I didn't see anything on a separate shuttle that is why I'm asking. Definitely the Lahaina portion is a plus but it puts catching a shuttle to Whalers to once an hour vs every 15-20 minutes.:(

http://www.westinkaanapali.com/wn_shuttle.htm

Last edited:

ciscogizmo1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
nell said:
It's actually on the westinkaanapli website (I went to it through mystarcentral and got mixed up). I didn't see anything on a separate shuttle that is why I'm asking. Definitely the Lahaina portion is a plus but it puts catching a shuttle to Whalers to once an hour vs every 15-20 minutes.:(

http://www.westinkaanapali.com/wn_shuttle.htm

Okay.... I see it now. I think I can live without the every 15 to 20 minutes thing. My kids love taking the shuttle so this will be fun. The only time I can really see it being an issue is in the summer or school holidays when there might be more people. I'm assuming they will have more than one shuttle bus so I bet it will be more than once an hour. I can't imagine only one shuttle will serve everyone.

Hopefully, someone who is there now can confirm.

SpreeSpree

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hotel Shuttles

We were just at WKORV Oct 21-28th and I took the hotel to hotel shuttle several times. It picked up right in front of the lobby at WKORV and then drove first to the Sheraton. It then went to the Westin side entrance, closest to Whaler's Village. It was running every 20 mins or so. Really a nice amenity! I didn't see a "Lahaina" shuttle at all while there...so maybe I just wasn't paying attention!

oneohana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lahaina shuttle

The Lahaina shuttle runs every hour leaving the villas at 5 minutes past the hour. They still have the shuttle that goes between the Starwood resorts at about every 15 minutes.

nell

TUG Member
Reaction score
oneohana said:
The Lahaina shuttle runs every hour leaving the villas at 5 minutes past the hour. They still have the shuttle that goes between the Starwood resorts at about every 15 minutes.

Great! Thanks for the info. Now I can do :cheer: :cheer:

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
How many does the shuttle seat?

Is the shuttle still a mini-van, or has it grown into a bus? Our first and second years there, it was a mini-van, seating 6, going just to the Sheraton or Westin hotels.

nell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last year they had a bus with about 6 bench seats on each side and then the long seat across the back.

ciscogizmo1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Depends on the shuttle, last June they had one that held a lot of people at least 20. But sometimes we got one that was smaller because it was wheel chair accessible so it didn't have many seats. However, I found the shuttle drivers very helpful. Once a shuttle was full and he immediately called for a back up and it was there within minutes. Also, the shuttle drivers are very knowledgeable on eating places with a budget in mind. We got some great trips. I can't wait to go back next year.