• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

thks tuggers, harbsorside here we come

armlem2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well just reserved a 2 bdrm at Harborside for 6/29-7/6 using my staroptions from VV. This is my first reservation with starwood. Was able to do because of what I learned here buying VV resale, calling exactly at 9am today. I bought VV thinking it was the only way I could get into Harborside (starwood doesn't deposit them and I would never get it with my Marriott), it worked. Now I have a couple of more questions I would like to ask you good folks.

1) Is one phase better than another, my confirmation doesn't say what phase?

2)Are they strict about room occupancy? If 6 go can 2 more slip in for a weekend?

3) Should I request a room/ floor?

4) Is the view of Atlantis nicer than the ocean view rooms?

Any help would be great. thanks

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
Congratulations--that is a great week to get. We own platinum season so it is good to hear you got that as if we ever want to go in summer we would have to compete with all the traders at 8 months!
First off there aren't any ocean rooms--either marina/pool/harbor. Your day of arrival will likely determine location as each building has a certain day of arrival.
As to occupancy if you have a two bedroom you can have 8-9 there if you get a roll away and sleep 2 each in all beds and sleep sofas==anyone arriving just for the weekend needs to check in and get room keys/cards so they can get bracelets.
As to floor/location I think top floor in the reception building/phase 1 is best as it overlooks the marina.

4rnr

Reaction score
armlem2 said:
Well just reserved a 2 bdrm at Harborside for 6/29-7/6 using my staroptions from VV. This is my first reservation with starwood. Was able to do because of what I learned here buying VV resale, calling exactly at 9am today. I bought VV thinking it was the only way I could get into Harborside (starwood doesn't deposit them and I would never get it with my Marriott), it worked. Now I have a couple of more questions I would like to ask you good folks.

1) Is one phase better than another, my confirmation doesn't say what phase?

2)Are they strict about room occupancy? If 6 go can 2 more slip in for a weekend?

3) Should I request a room/ floor?

4) Is the view of Atlantis nicer than the ocean view rooms?

Any help would be great. thanks
Now, I'm maddd ...... how could you get Week 26 - a July 4th week, and I wasn't able to get Week 25 ....ggrrrr

timeandenergy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!! I must however tell you that I am slightly jealous. I really wanted to get 2BR and a 1BR at Harborside. When I called 8am sharp on October 29, I could only get one large one bedroom for June 29 check in. Well I called back today and got two large 1BR units.:whoopie: That is close to what I really wanted, but I'm still greatful. The 9 of us will be a little more cramped, but that won't stop me from enjoying the Bahama's for the 4th of July week. I can't wait.

Did they tell you about the meal plans that are available? Does anyone know if this is mandatory? Is it actually worth the price ("American Modified" Plan for $59 per adult per day, $28 per child per day OR Gormet Plan for $92 per adult per day, $40 per child per day)?

By the way 4rnr, you may want to keep trying. Yesterday they told me there were three wk 25, 1 BRs available, but only one was left this AM. They said that sometimes more deposits come in at the end of the week.

Last edited:

azsunluvr

TUG Member
Reaction score
timeandenergy said:
Did they tell you about the meal plans that are available? Does anyone know if this is mandatory? Is it actually worth the price ("American Modified" Plan for $59 per adult per day, $28 per child per day OR Gormet Plan for $92 per adult per day, $40 per child per day)?

Meal plans have been discussed here before. You might do a search. Some people like them, some don't. Personally, we took a suitcase full of the kids' favorite non-perishables and bought a few perishables at the grocery store. Food is very expensive on Paradise Island, not all that great, and the service is almost always terrible. Feeding the kids their favorites in our unit first, and letting them have dessert or a virgin daquiri at the restaurant while we ate out, saved us a lot of money.

armlem2

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info and good luck 4mr hope you get what you want, I must admit I was shock and amazed I got the week and didn't even realize I could qualify for a 2 bdrm, this was first trade and use of starwood, love it

iluvwdw

Reaction score
armlem2 said:
thanks for the info and good luck 4mr hope you get what you want, I must admit I was shock and amazed I got the week and didn't even realize I could qualify for a 2 bdrm, this was first trade and use of starwood, love it

Congratulations in getting such an AWESOME trade!!! :whoopie: I, too, own at VV and VR and LOVE being able to go to Harborside!!! I have reserved villas at Harborside for 5 years in a row, it's been wonderful!

As for the food plan, do your homework...check the restaurants and see what you get on the meal plan. I personally don't think it's a good deal unless you plan to go to a premium restaurant EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. Mostly buffets are included on the Modified Plan.

Harborside offers a grocery shuttle that takes you over the bridge into Nassau to a local supermarket. Pretty decent size for Nassau. And the prices are MUCH better than at the grocery store downt he block from the Atlantis. I think they recently started offering these trips every day, for $7 per person. There is also a beer distributor in that same shopping center, so if you need beer, wine, liquor, you can get it all on one trip for MUCH less than you'd spend at the Atlantis.

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave:

4rnr

Reaction score
iluvwdw said:
Congratulations in getting such an AWESOME trade!!! :whoopie: I, too, own at VV and VR and LOVE being able to go to Harborside!!! I have reserved villas at Harborside for 5 years in a row, it's been wonderful!

As for the food plan, do your homework...check the restaurants and see what you get on the meal plan. I personally don't think it's a good deal unless you plan to go to a premium restaurant EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. Mostly buffets are included on the Modified Plan.

Harborside offers a grocery shuttle that takes you over the bridge into Nassau to a local supermarket. Pretty decent size for Nassau. And the prices are MUCH better than at the grocery store downt he block from the Atlantis. I think they recently started offering these trips every day, for $7 per person. There is also a beer distributor in that same shopping center, so if you need beer, wine, liquor, you can get it all on one trip for MUCH less than you'd spend at the Atlantis.

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave:
Harborside for 5 years in a row? What months have you stayed there?

iluvwdw

Reaction score
4rnr said:
Harborside for 5 years in a row? What months have you stayed there?

Last week in Jan ONCE and May THREE times...FOURTH time next year. I have 4 villas for Mother's Day week! I LOVE that week there!! (and it's such a nice gift to me! :clap: )