• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Time-Warner (aka BrightHouse) drops CBS

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
These cable companies usually make a deal with the networks.

Dish and DirecTV would love to have your business. :rofl:

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
No Hallmark Channel on U-Verse

Hallmark is one of our fave stations -- so imagine my surprise when I learned AFTER starting my service -- no level of service will bring us Hallmark.

Trying to understand how that is possible...

Jestjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
WHAT? We haven't heard that, yet.

We have Brighthouse and DH is watching golf on CBS right this minute.

Last edited:

momeason

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is not all areas. We still have it also. If your CBS broadcast comes from the following cities, you lose it until the spat is over.
Others just lose On Demand and Start Over.

Here are the cities affected:

CBS Owned-and-Operated TV stations in the following cities:
Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York and Pittsburgh ONLY
Showtime
The Movie Channel
Flix
Smithsonian Channel

Sherry

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is not all areas. We still have it also. If your CBS broadcast comes from the following cities, you lose it until the spat is over.
Others just lose On Demand and Start Over.

Here are the cities affected:

CBS Owned-and-Operated TV stations in the following cities:
Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York and Pittsburgh ONLY
Showtime
The Movie Channel
Flix
Smithsonian Channel

Sherry

Thanks ! This explains a lot.

JPD

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see you got the same email as I did. I also got an email from Time Warner telling me on my next bill there will be a $5.99 per month charge for my modem. I am debating if I should drop Time Warner for this fee. Just getting tired of their nickel and diming me, Their excuse for this fee is the continuing maintenance and upgrades to their system. I would not have an issue with this fee, except if you are a new Time warner customer, they will give you a $300. visa gift card if you get Time Warner services. I'm tired of being a loyal TW customer and watching my fees go up and up, just to see new customers get $300. to sign up.:shrug:

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
... I'm tired of being a loyal TW customer and watching my fees go up and up, just to see new customers get $300. to sign up.:shrug:

This sounds a lot like Timeshare World. Use some incentives to hook em then start draining their bank account.

Luckily I've never fallen into the Cable TV trap. These days I watch very little on the tube. Some British comedies on PBS stations and some sports.

If I could pick the channels I want I would get a couple that I would watch and pay for them but to pay large monthly fees to get junk you couldn't pay me to watch will never happen.

As far as a broadcast channel not being offered, I'm sure most people could pick up a cheap antenna at Walmart or somewhere and just pick it up locally. Of course that would mean learning how to use the remote to switch back and forth from broadcast to cable or satellite.:hysterical:(much easier on the newer TVs than the old A-B switch that was necessary.)

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Well, I lost CBS. More importantly, I lost Showtime (I don't remember the last time I watched CBS). The message TWC displays on the CBS channel is amusing, tho.

At least I'm leaving town today so I can watch all the CBS I want elsewhere...oh wait, I don't watch CBS. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Still get "real time" CBS but on demand has disappeared. :shrug:

Cheers