• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Orlando Insight Needed

lalahe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Seaside Resort
Holiday Inn Holiday Hills
For those frequent Orlando travelers I would love some insight.
- If I started an on-going search today for Orlando resorts (Hilton's, Reserve or Houses at Summer Bay, or Bonnet Creek) for check in of Friday Nov 13th do you think there would be a good chance of a match? I am not sure if I already missed bulk deposits for those. I saw a Bonnet Creek for Sunday check in I have on hold but our flight gets in on Friday and that would be ideal. Any thoughts?

- Aside from Pirates Dinner Theater any other cool things you recommend that is kid friendly? I will have an 11 year old with me. We do Disney every year or every other year so want to make this just an Orlando trip without any theme parks. Any suggestions on fun things to do?

Thank you in advance!

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bonnet has already deposited for November, and the HGVCs deposit a year in advance so they are probably long gone. There's some good stuff in there now for the Friday check-in though: Bluegreen Fountains, Sheraton Vistana, and Orange Lake River Island.

lalahe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you so much! Great information to have! Definitely need to plan farther ahead for next time I want to go to one of those. I have never been to the Fountains. Will need to look that one up!

Thanks again!

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
If you are not going to the theme parks, will you have a car? If so you could consider going to Cape Canaveral Holiday Inn vacation club. It is close to Kennedy Space Center and the resort has a free beach shuttle. Lots of kid friendly things at the resort. Much quieter than Disney area and a fun place to stay! We stayed there a few months ago and had a very nice time!
TerryC

dwojo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wonder Works on international drive is great for kids. There is also a separate dinnershow there that is good for kids.

lalahe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I will have a car! Kennedy Space Center sounds like fun. We have been to Wonder Works but it has been YEARS!

lalahe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cape Canaveral Holiday Inn didn't have a room big enough for my party BUT out of nowhere just as I was about to book The Fountains or Silver Lake a Bonnet Creek popped up for a 2 bedroom for the Friday check in so I SNAGGED it! Sometimes, lady luck throws me a bone :)

JPD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good luck with your no theme park vacation. We tried that a few times, but when your in the land of Disney, and the kids give you that puppy eyes look, your going to Disney. But anyway, we love going to Merritt Island near Cape Canaveral. It's a wildlife preserve where you can see Manatees, Dolphins, and very big Alligators.

lisa3635

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are not going to the theme parks, will you have a car? If so you could consider going to Cape Canaveral Holiday Inn vacation club. It is close to Kennedy Space Center and the resort has a free beach shuttle. Lots of kid friendly things at the resort. Much quieter than Disney area and a fun place to stay! We stayed there a few months ago and had a very nice time!
TerryC

This is an excellent idea! We stayed here the night before our cruise in October and loved it. Awesome resort, great pool, lazy river, pool bar, mini golf, beach close by. We definitely plan on staying there again. Its about a 40 min drive from MCO.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
We live in central Florida and stayed 2 nights at Cape Canaveral. Really enjoyed the resort! I recommend this place as a change of pace from Disney...which is fun in its own way.
Lucky you to get Bonnet Creek, you will have a nice time. Take a day trip to the Space Center your 11 year old will enjoy it!
TerryC

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Oh, another side note. The Orlando Eye is scheduled to open in May. It is on International drive. They are remodeling the area, we will be checking it out when it opens!
TerryC

Tammybelle

TUG Member
Reaction score
For future reference, we are Bluegreen members and usually stay at the Fountains when we go to Orlando. It is a great location and the rooms are nice. Our 5 year old calls it our other house.

lalahe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Love this group! Thank you all for the great ideas. I haven't even heard of Merritt Island or Orlando eye! How cool.

brownhaired_girl

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a 1 bedroom Bonnet Creek for Nov 13th in RCI now. It could be one that was on a hold and then released.

Last edited:

cdn_travellr

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just came back from an Orlando trip where we also tried to do some non-Disney things and it was a lot of fun! We stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Resort which was really nice (although it was my second choice because Bonnet Creek wasn't available, so congrats on snagging BC!) I highly recommend visiting the Kennedy Space Centre, it was excellent and your son is the perfect age to really get a lot out of it. It's only 1 hour from central Orlando (maybe about 1hr15mins from BC) and worth the drive.

A few other things we did were Gatorland, Showcase of Citrus, attended a basketball game, and lots of swimming. On an earlier trip we also visited the South Florida History Museum which was very interesting as well!

Hope you have a great time!

brownhaired_girl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I definitely need to slow down and read better

BUT out of nowhere just as I was about to book The Fountains or Silver Lake a Bonnet Creek popped up for a 2 bedroom for the Friday check in so I SNAGGED it! Sometimes, lady luck throws me a bone :)[/QUOTE]

Congratulations. Clearly I need to slow does and read better. I'm feeling more than a little foolish pointing out that there was a 1 bedroom available. We have stayed there 8 times and have enjoyed it every time. Have a great trip!