• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Gas got as low as $1.70, now it's $2.50

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
In only about 6 weeks, regular unleaded at my neighborhood fill-up has gone from the 'lowest in the nation' (according to AAA), up $.80 a gallon. How about yours? What happened to the glut, and overflowing storage tanks we heard of?

Jim

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Jumped more than $1

Of course you know that you're a special case, and very fortunate for your gas prices. Those of us in California, Hawaii, etc, envy your gas prices.

In our area, gas got down as far as $2.19. It shot up to $3.29, and just recently came down a few pennies to $3.25.

Now the overseas TUGgers can chime in with how lucky we all are.

-Bob

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
In only about 6 weeks, regular unleaded at my neighborhood fill-up has gone from the 'lowest in the nation' (according to AAA), up $.80 a gallon. How about yours? What happened to the glut, and overflowing storage tanks we heard of?

Jim

Gas prices in CA typically rise this time of year due to reformulation for summer. This coupled with refinery shortages have caused gas prices to rise by over a $1 in the SF Bay Area as compared to what I saw at my local station over a month ago.

So yes, consider yourself lucky it was only 80 cents :)

-ryan

lvkcwalker

TUG Member
Reaction score
SE PA we went down to $2.17 and we're up to $2.55 today.

Last edited:

Rumpled

Reaction score
In my neck of OC, CA it got down to $2.369 and now is $3.259.
Both at Irvine Costco.
I doubt I'll see under $3 again for awhile.
They've got us cornered here.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I saw a list somewhere of how the states ranked in gasoline prices. California was higher than Hawaii, which surprised me.

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Sam's in Las Vegas: Low was $1.89, earlier this week was $2.73.

Fern

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
3/12/15

$2.05 yesterday in Greenville, SC at numerous stations.

Last edited:

Htoo0

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings so I'll just keep my mouth shut.:ignore:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Looking at the previous gas price thread, it looks like it got down to about $1.98 around here. It got up as high as $2.45. It is back around $2.19 at most stations but is $2.06 at Costco today.

swditz

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
westgate palace wk 52
briarwood cape cod wk 30
surfside cape cod wk 41
falls at Ogunquit wk 21
discovery beach wk 7
captains quarters wk 38
65000 inn season points
went down .04 cents yesterday from 2.53 to 2.49 here in Vermont:)

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gas is now between $2.25 to $2.35 p/g for reg gas in the Norfolk, Va Beach, Newport News, and the Williamsburg area. Costco reg is $2.20 p/gal in Norfolk,VA. The Costco Newport News store does not sell gasoline at this time.

Last edited:

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
In my neck of OC, CA it got down to $2.369 and now is $3.259.
Both at Irvine Costco.

Only Costco and ARCO (cash only) are this low. Everyplace else is quite a bit higher.

The length of the gas lines at Costco is a good economic indicator about what is happening with gas prices. Those lines have gotten really long again.

I'm lucky that I've got a Costco on my way to work. In the early morning I fill up quickly and be on my way.

JPD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Coastal NC gas is between $2.30 to $2.35 a gal. They say the price went up because they switched to the summer blend.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
What I find interesting, at least in our area, is that gas prices fall 1 to 2 cents per gallon but shoot up by 10 cents a gallon.

Considering that stations in a small town that's maybe 20 miles north have prices a dime lower/gallon, I suspect there's more than a little profit taking going on here.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
The price per barrel is still very low, and the prices have dropped even further in the recent few days. I expect to see gas prices dropping again.

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Get Going

Guess it's time to get in the car and drive to those places with low gas prices so I can save money.:rofl::rofl::hysterical:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gas this week in Williamsburg,VA is $2.25 per gal for reg.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the price of gas really that expensive that it makes a difference at the end of the month? Cheap gas means inefficient cars, not carpooling or public transportation, commuting further, etc. What worries me about when gas drops is that transportation services do not drop as well but when gas increases every business says the increase is due to the price of gas.

It is just talked about because the price is in your face everyday and on the most part the same product is being sold at every store.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Mid $3 in Los Angeles. A friend just leased a new electric Fiat for $107 per month after taxes with nothing down after the rebate. I know lots of people who spend more than that on gas alone each month.

Sent from my iPad

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Drove on Interstate 75 from Canada to Ft. Lauderdale mid Feb and gas was as low as $1.99 a gallon. On the way back mid March it was up to about $2.26 a gallon. TN had the cheapest prices both ways.

Unfortunately I have to use high test in my car, but it was still considerably cheaper than in Canada where the government permits price fixing...right now all stations in Toronto sell the lowest test for $1.02 per liter...guessing that's about $4 a gallon!! High test is about 20 cents more per litre. Odd that stations outside the greater Toronto area sell the same gas for about 10 cents less per
Litre.

It was also interesting to see 3 stations at a US location and all had different prices, with the lowest getting the most biz. You'd never see that in Canada.

New big cars are more efficient now...my Audi A8L averaged 30.5 mpg.

Brian

swditz

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
westgate palace wk 52
briarwood cape cod wk 30
surfside cape cod wk 41
falls at Ogunquit wk 21
discovery beach wk 7
captains quarters wk 38