• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Days Since Last Review

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
What happened to the feature showing days since last review for each resort?

Is there any way to see new reviews without clicking on each one to see what the last review date was?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
The column was just removed for new feature testing.

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
Yes, without it the reviews section is useless. What I do is every Saturday I look at the reviews and review anything 7 days or less. I went today and I couldn't do that. So I look forward to it coming back!

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bump.

I really miss this feature!

This makes the membership portion a lot less valuable to me.

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
Big Matt said:
Bump.

I agree.... If you give some sort of time table then I'd be less likely to complain. It really does make the review section useless without it.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a question about this feature, which I also find helpful. I submitted a review for a resort (Ridge Top Summit at Shawnee in the Poconos) that had not been reviewed for more than 180 days. But I never received a notice that I would get my free renewal of my TUG membership for this review.

When my TUG membership came up for renewal, I got an e-mail reminding me. I e-mailed back and said that I had done a review for a new resort (Colonial Crossings in Williamsburg) and had gotten an e-mail then saying I would get a free extension. BUT I had also done the Ridge Top Summit review more than 180 days after the most recent review, and I never got an e-mail for that review confirming that it would mean a free extension.

I very quickly got a reply to my e-mail saying that the Colonial Crossings review had been credited and I would get the extension of my membership. But the Ridge Top Summit review was never mentioned. Shouldn't I get a free extension for this one, too? Who do I contact about this?

Thanks!

Larry

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Big Matt said:
Bump.

Same here I just tried to check for latest reviews for the Caribbean and can't tell which are the latest. Please correct this.:hi:

KristinB

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
wackymother said:
I very quickly got a reply to my e-mail saying that the Colonial Crossings review had been credited and I would get the extension of my membership. But the Ridge Top Summit review was never mentioned. Shouldn't I get a free extension for this one, too? Who do I contact about this?

Contact Bill Rogers at tug@tug2.net.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Im a tad behind on getting all the review awards out...there are a bunch in the queue.

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify the situation. Does submission of a review for a resort which hasn't received one for 6 months or more automatically result in membership extension?

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Keitht said:
Just to clarify the situation. Does submission of a review for a resort which hasn't received one for 6 months or more automatically result in membership extension?

Yes, that's what I think.

Thanks to all for the contact info!

Best,

Wacky

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
a review award can be redeemed for 6month membership extensions..or a free classified ad or renewal.

KristinB

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Keith (and Brian),

A bit of clarification is needed, I think, so people don't think that all they need to do is string a few sentences together and they'll get an award.

From the Resort Review Award page:

To qualify for this review award, the review must be detailed in the resort information and it must be for a resort that either does not have existing reviews or the last review posted is at least 6 months old. If the review is qualified, the reviewer will receive the new resort review award. If the review is not quite award standard, we will ask the reviewer to expand it so they can qualify for this award.

Whenever I receive a review that qualifies based upon the specified timeframe, I forward it to Brenda. If the review is not sufficiently detailed, she e-mails the reviewer and asks him/her to revise the review. I've received messages from her letting me know that the revised review has qualified, and asking me to edit the review accordingly.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Ridge Top Summit review was more than five paragraphs long. Do I need to add to it? I didn't get any response to it at all.

Thanks!

Best,

Wackymother

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
correct..sorry...i was just confirming what you could use an award for =)

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
KristinB said:
Keith (and Brian),

A bit of clarification is needed, I think, so people don't think that all they need to do is string a few sentences together and they'll get an award.

From the Resort Review Award page:

Whenever I receive a review that qualifies based upon the specified timeframe, I forward it to Brenda. If the review is not sufficiently detailed, she e-mails the reviewer and asks him/her to revise the review. I've received messages from her letting me know that the revised review has qualified, and asking me to edit the review accordingly.

That's much the way I do things for the European reviews as well. At the time of posing the question here I couldn't find the info about the review process, so thought by asking the question it might clarify the situation for members as well.

KristinB

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The only reason I added the clarification was because wackymother's post and Keith's use of the word "automatically" implied that there was no qualitative assessment of the review, that just writing the review was sufficient if it met the timeframe requirements.

I just didn't want there to be any confusion regarding that issue...

KristinB

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
wackymother said:
My Ridge Top Summit review was more than five paragraphs long. Do I need to add to it? I didn't get any response to it at all.

Brian,

I know you said you're a bit behind on the award notifications, but since wackymother has asked, could you check and see if her review is in the queue?

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can someone answer my question about when this feature will be returned to us, if ever? If nobody knows, that's an okay answer too.

abbekit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Pagosa
Big Matt said:
Can someone answer my question about when this feature will be returned to us, if ever? If nobody knows, that's an okay answer too.

I second Big Matt, I would like to know when or if the Days Since Last Review feature will be re-installed. I'm finding the review section much less valuable without that.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ditto: I also liked that feature. How about a poll from Tuggers who want it back?