• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

"World Travel Access Inc." Scam?

Biscottian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also Contacted by World Travel Access

I, too, would like to know if anyone has any experience with them; my husband and I scheduled an appointment for next week and it would be helpful to know in advance if they are on the level or if we should cancel/not waste our time. Thanks.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I, too, would like to know if anyone has any experience with them; my husband and I scheduled an appointment for next week and it would be helpful to know in advance if they are on the level or if we should cancel/not waste our time. Thanks.

Did this company telemarket to you unexpectedly? In most such cases, it turns out to be a scam or, at best, a worthless travel club.

I'm not going to say dogmatically "Don't bother. You're wasting your time," but what I will say is don't get suckered into purchasing something for thousands for dollars that' worth a couple hundred at most. They might use high-pressure tactics just like at TS sales presentations. But always take your time and investigate before making such large purchases.

JEFFS

Reaction score
World access scam

My wife and I had an appointment with this organization last Friday August 9th in Red Bank, NJ. They call and tell you that they make cash offers on certain properties. When you meet with them they hand out a list which covers the properties they will purchase, however most properties they do not buy and they want you to pay them to take the properties off your hand. They go through a presentation explaining how you can't sell your timeshare and how much money your maintenance fees will be over the next 30 years and then want you to pay them. When people start getting upset or asking questions they became very nasty.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I had an appointment with this organization last Friday August 9th in Red Bank, NJ. They call and tell you that they make cash offers on certain properties. When you meet with them they hand out a list which covers the properties they will purchase, however most properties they do not buy and they want you to pay them to take the properties off your hand. They go through a presentation explaining how you can't sell your timeshare and how much money your maintenance fees will be over the next 30 years and then want you to pay them. When people start getting upset or asking questions they became very nasty.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!

That sounds like a typical Post Card Company (PCC) operation. Many like to use this bait-and-switch (sorta, kinda) method.

They bait you with offers to buy your timeshare. Then, after a typical lecture about how worthless your timeshare is, they switch with wanting you to pay them to take your timeshare.

I'm glad you saw through this.

okapi

Reaction score
Do not go with wta

We have been trying to contact WTA over the past two months to get an update on the timeshare property we contracted with them to transfer. We paid them THOUSANDS of dollars and the service is something we are not happy with so far.

We have also being trying to get them to give us an update on why our maintenance fees have not been paid, which are past due and WTA responsibility as we agreed upon in our contract. We leave tons of messages at their office, but no one replies. Our credit keeps taking a hit everyday the payment is late and WTA does not seem to be responsive to our concerns.

The people who answer the phone cannot answer the questions we have because they do not deal with our account! However, there are some nice people that are trying to help us get a hold of the individuals who are dealing with our account and can answer our questions. BUT those individuals have yet to respond to us. We send emails, we give calls to the office, and to their cell phone, but nothing!

So...if you are looking to transfer your timeshare, I would go with another company. To WTA, if you read this...please call us back and let us know what is going on!!!! To those individuals at WTA who are helping, thanks. To those who are actually supposed to update us and call us back, please do so as soon as you can. We would appreciate it!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score