• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[Everest] group timeshare [made a big offer on my timeshare]

frankieb

Reaction score
The [Everest] Group wants to purchase my time share.
Does anyone know or have heard of this company?
The amount they want to pay seems too good to be true.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
This is what's going to happen:

First they will suck you in with the promise of an impossibly high selling price.

Then, after they have you hooked, they are going to ask you for some bogus upfront fees. They may call them, taxes, escrow fees, transfer fees, closing costs, or any number of phony names.

After you pay the bogus fees, they will steal your money, and you will never hear from them again.

There is no offer, there is no buyer, there is no deal - RUN!

NEVER - EVER pay an upfront fee to sell or rent your timeshare!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I get these offers I ask to send me their offer, in writing with evidence that the buyers money is in escrow with a licensed title and closing company

That is the end of it as there is no buyer

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Scam

To be clear, so others can be properly warned, the name is Everest not Everst. Their website is everestpropertygroup.com.

Their website is only a few months old. Their "about us" states that they have been in business since 1991 and that they had an injection of capital. This is likely the same scammer as the thread below which states virtually the same thing.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198079&highlight=Injection+capital

These scammers just keep changing their names and making new websites. Quite simply, they are thieves that are out to steal and apparently are just out of reach of the authorities, likely located outside the US. This is a low risk high reward crime for the scammers. They are successful because enough people keep sending them money.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Frankie, we've seen hundreds of these, and so far, NONE have been legit. Do yourself a favor, check eBay's completed auctions and see what other examples of timeshares at your resort have actually sold for. Then ask yourself why someone- anyone- would offer such an amount for yours when actual sale prices are so much less.

Your argument that we've incorrectly changed the name of the 'buying' entity is simply rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. In the end, they're all the same, with the same outcome.

Re-read RonParise's answer to pose to them. If it's a legitimate offer, they will have a licensed escrow agent holding funds.

Jim

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Apologize, Everest is no doubt a scam and mentions timeshares. I looked up the website that you list for Everst and it is a very generic website that has a lot of mumbo jumbo but really doesn't say a whole lot. And it certainly doesn't state anything about timeshares.

The name doesn't matter. What matters is that they cold called you with an offer too good to be true, their website is nine months old, they have no track record, their "direct number" for Utah is a VoIP Internet phone line (meaning they could be calling from anywhere in the world, not necessarily Utah), and their website doesn't even list an address.

If you Google the address they had on their "offer" you will likely find that the address doesn't exist, it is a large office complex yet they do not list a suite number or it is simply a drop box. These scammers do not set up shop, they often randomly obtain an "address" in any city and then obtain a VoIP number with a prefix to match the city so people think they are legit.

Edited to add:

another way to tell a scam is the website itself. They use both Everst AND Everest on their website for their name. They probably just misspelled Everest when they set their scam up. You can also Google a sentence from their website to see what else comes up. I did and at least three other companies use the same paragraph as the one who contacted you. Either they simply copied and pasted from a legit company or they have created a number of throwaway websites for their scam.

Edited to add more:

Just found out the paragraph your scammer is using is the same as another older scammer called the Beikman Group. Probably the same scammer. Here is the thread.

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179155&highlight=Beikman

I also checked the IP address for Everstgroup.com and it comes back to ARGENTINA.

I think that sums the scam up pretty well.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
If you still think it's a real offer, play along, and let us know how long it takes until they ask you for a bogus fee - guaranteed - it's only a matter of time.