• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2012] winpointvip.com

spirits122

Reaction score
I want to recommend www.winpointvip.com to anyone wanting to buy, sell, or rent their timeshare.
I placed my ad on TUG back in early fall 2011, noting that I was a VIP owner with Wyndham. Mike Sullivan immediately contacted me and asked if I wanted to sell because he had a buyer. I thought yea, right. But he did not ask for any money and instead said he could get me a couple of thousand for my timeshares. I went through the process with Mike and I did indeed get that money! I haven't paid any maintenance fees for months, since the new owners have taken those over. Mike did all the work, deeds, fees, contacting Wyndham. He knew everything that needed to be done (having worked in the industry). It has taken awhile for Wyndham to get everything straightened out but I was told that upfront. Mike was open, honest, and straight forward in all my dealings with him.
Mike has now started his own website www.winpointvip.com. He has contacted those who are Gold/Platinum/Presidential ownerships that have excess points and provide their VIP benefits to people that don't want to buy (or buy more). Check it out!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did Mike arrange things with a trust or corporate form of ownership so that your VIP status stayed in place for the new owners?

If not Im skeptical...and suspect you are either a shill for Mike, or Mike himself...Ive talked to mike and although he has had ads on Ebay selling Wyndham contracts, his primary business seems to be arranging rentals for his VIP clients

Hello Mike...(if you are in there), and if you can arrange the transfer of a Platinum VIP account....contact me

Last edited:

Craigvince

TUG Member
Reaction score
+1 for WinpointVIP

I recently purchased a week from WinpointVIP. Mike was very easy to work with, great communication. He far exceeded my expectations for this industry.

spirits122

Reaction score
Did Mike arrange things with a trust or corporate form of ownership so that your VIP status stayed in place for the new owners?

If not Im skeptical...and suspect you are either a shill for Mike, or Mike himself...Ive talked to mike and although he has had ads on Ebay selling Wyndham contracts, his primary business seems to be arranging rentals for his VIP clients

Hello Mike...(if you are in there), and if you can arrange the transfer of a Platinum VIP account....contact me

Yes. Mike believes he kept the VIP status with the new owners.
No, I am not a shill. I have read posts here off and on for a year now and know what you mean.
I can just tell you that I am very satisfied with the way Mike handled the transaction. He kept both myself and the buyer informed by email and/or phone. I will probably use Mike again to rent something in the future and I have been recommending him to anyone I know with timeshares.
I hope I have answered your concerns.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
This thread is over a year old. And since my somewhat skeptical comments I've had the opportunity to do business with mike. And I'm pleased

I've purchased a70000 credit Worldmark contract as well as a 700000 point Wyndham contract. In both cases Mike delivered exactly as promised and on time, keeping me informed every step of the way.

I like working with mike so much I'm giving him 10,000,000 of my Wyndham points to manage in his winpointvip program.

spirits122

Reaction score
Thanks for this reply (even over a year later). I'm glad Mike was able to help you out. :)

cyseitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has bought a Passport Account with this company. Just looking for feedback. I have looked into it and it looks like a great idea. Just wondering if anyone could chime in and give a little feedback on their experience.

mikelyle

Reaction score
Hello All,
Maybe as a timeshare reseller Mike Sullivan is OK.....I simply don't know. But as a very recent WinPointVIP purchaser, I couldn't be more unhappy and frankly feel that he stole seven thousand dollars from me.

I had many conversations with his salesman and was led to believe that Winpointvip was associated with Wyndham. IT IS NOT.
If you buy "Points" 250,000.......500,000.....a million etc be advised that you are not buying Wyndham points. You are buying "Access" to those points entirely relying on some guy out of his house in Madison Wisconsin. His Phone number is an Illinois cell phone number. The hair on the back of my neck should have gone up, but at that point, it was purely conversations on the phone .

The word WynpointVIP sounds exactly like WINPOINTVIP verbally.

When the contract was sent to me, I did not notice that the name was WINPOINTVIP and had nothing to do with the Wyndham multibillion dollar corporation, coupled with the fact that they are allegedly selling access to Wyndham EXCLUSIVELY, it seemed as though WINPOINTVIP was associated with Wyndham.

When I discovered the truth 5 days after sending the check, I called and said this was "Not a good fit" for my wife and I in our retirement years. Although the ink was not yet dry on the check, they refused to refund the money.

Every booking that you want to do, you must email this guy in Wisconsin, wait for a reply to see if you received the booking you are hoping for, If not available, then you must try again for a new date with the same email procedure. A rather difficult way to make travel plans.

One more question....How can they sell access to points that they "Manage" for other people ? Does that not dilute the value of the very points that they are paid to protect ?

I wish I had done better homework 2 days earlier so I could have stopped payment on my check.

mikelyle

Reaction score
I forgot one more important part of the experience. Mike had booked me 2 nights in Pompano Beach Fl. We needed both nights because we are flying in the day before a cruise. Ten minutes after our combative conversation about him not refunding the WINPOINTVIP purchase, He emailed me that half of that booking was cancelled. That so speaks to his character and his business practices. He uses vengeance if you are unhappy.
If anyone wants copies of the email booking....then the email cancellation. Email me, Ill be happy to send them mikelyle@comcast.net

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do a lot of business with winpointvip and have found Mike Sullivan to be an honorable guy and easy to work with, so reading this post bothered me a little. I called Mike and asked him to explain

Mike sent me two email chains. long story short, Im not changing my high opinion of Mike and his company winpointvip

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Re: Sea Gardens 1 night
Date: September 17, 2015 at 1:11:26 PM CDT
To: WinPointVIP <msullivan@winpointvip.com>

When I get to Pompano, I sure hope that reservation is in tact, If we are stuck in Florida with no where to stay, after we have been confirmed by you via what we paid for.....It won't look too good to the state for you.....Or the BBB....Or whoever may inquire.

Oh Wait, you probably don't know yet. Complaint about WinpointVIP already filed with State of Wisconsin, ( http://datcp.wi.gov/File_Complaint/index.aspx )
And filed the Madison BBB. Putting my thinking cap on about how else to warn folks about WINPOINTVIP.
I wasted 7 grand.......You're gonna waste countless hours (and probably get shut down by the state of Wisconsin) attempting to explain Wyndham Points, where they came from, Timeshare, how you are in charge of managing other peoples property, yet selling access to it......

You're gonna love it

To: "MIKE" <mikelyle@comcast.net>
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 3:31:34 PM

Mike, I never threatened to not help you use the WinPointVIP Passport. I have only been trying to help you use it. I understand that you are trying to create a paper trail that would offer evidence otherwise but there simply isn’t any. I am leaving the booking as is. I recommend that you contact an attorney before you start contacting third parties with your lies and misinformation but a fool often can’t restrain his own behavior. If you do follow through with your threats to intentionally harm my business then I will seek legal counsel but am otherwise going to press ahead and be available as usual. Mike Sullivan

On Sep 16, 2015, at 3:24 PM, MIKE <mikelyle@comcast.net> wrote:

Not sure yet who to contact at Wyndham corporate.....Still working on it.Maybe you know someone ?
So glad you did send a copy of the original booking confirm AND THEN the screenshot of the reduction down to 1 night ......10 minutes after your threat to do so.
I'll be sure to include copies of those as well

Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 2:59:42 PM

Mike, I booked Oct 3-5 for you at Sea Gardens and copied you on the booking. I am offering to improve on that booking, if you want, but otherwise will leave as is. Nothing happened to the original booking. I just saw that 1N could be booked now, if it is only October 3rd that you need. But if you need the night of October 4th then it still needs to be 2 nights. Calm down, you are only hurting yourself.

On Sep 16, 2015, at 2:50 PM, MIKE <mikelyle@comcast.net> wrote:

You sent me proof 3 or 4 days ago that I had the booking ?
Now, 10 minutes after our conversation, its no longer available ?
Thank you for sending me proof that you have acted upon the threat that you made to "NOT" get me bookings. Now you are actually undoing existing bookings, Thanks for the proof.

Poor business choice
Game On

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Re: WinPointVIP Passport
Date: September 16, 2015 at 2:18:38 PM CDT
To: WinPointVIP <msullivan@winpointvip.com>

Mike,
Would it not be a wise decision to simply let me out of the 6 day old contract and give me my money back ?
I will contact the Wisconsin attorney General consumer affairs office, I'll diligently contact Wyndham that you are using the name Winpoint VIP misleading people thinking they are buying a Wyndham product (ironically selling access to Wyndham), Timeshare Users Group postings regarding my experience with you and Marc Thomas. Any other timeshare websites I can locate to warn people of your deceptive business practice. Might even open a small website explaining my experience with you..... and pay Google Adwords to make sure no one misses the website.

You are trying to build a business, wouldn't it be simpler to not me out there complaining to the attorney general of your state....To not have to continually defend yourself and try to explain that you're actually honest. How many potential customers in your extremely small "Glitch" market will you "Not Get" because they are Leary of the whole setup ?
That is what I meant by Good Business. You threatened to NOT get me bookings, if I go public with my experience with you ?. I paid for that access....you can't deny me.

Seems like a no brainer on your part. This is the last time I will contact you regarding this matter, let me know if you will give me my money back.
Mike Lyle

Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 1:19:16 PM
Subject: Re: WinPointVIP Passport

Hi Mike, I will try to reach you on the phone again in about 5 minutes, I left a voicemail earlier. I haven’t been holding your check for 6 days though? You overnighted it along with the signed contract and I deposited it. I am interested to learn about your experience with Marc Thomas because what your are claiming is uncharacteristic. I’ve been working with him for over 3 years, he is a passport holder himself, and he has brought us many very happy clients. I can imagine that he would be upset about your wanting to cancel and that such a conversation would be uncomfortable because you are wanting to break a contract that would cost him a commission. It would likely have been more friendly if you had focused on how to use the WinPointVIP Passport rather than how to renege on your agreement. If, for whatever reason, you don’t want to talk with Marc Thomas, that won’t interfere with your use of the WinPointVIP Passport because Marc brokers the product but doesn’t service them and isn’t an employee. My conversation with you will have the goal of helping you with your WinPointVIP Passport and to discover more fully the incredible discounts, priority and upgrades it brings to your travel portfolio. Honoring a contract is good business, breaking a contract is not. Mike Sullivan

On Sep 16, 2015, at 12:46 PM, MIKE <mikelyle@comcast.net> wrote:

Yes I know that is what the contract states.....I'm not speaking from a "Legal" standpoint, I'm asking as a good business practice. You've been in possession of the check for 6 days, things are not as they were represented to me, the guy that talked me into it was rather hostile to me and I simply no longer want to be a part of it. There has been no expense on your part yet.
I've been a member of T.U.G. for some 19 years now, my family has been featured in the RCI magazine 6 times and we were on the Summerbay website for about 13 years. That being said, I'm not asking for anything that will cost you anything.......It would simply be good business for both of us.
Give me a call when you get a minute
Thank You

Cc: "Marc Thomas - Timeshare-Marketplace.com" <247thomas@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 10:10:22 AM
Subject: WinPointVIP Passport

Mike, I have attached the WinPointVIP Passport Assignment for your records. Please note that this agreement clearly states, “Passport holder may terminate their participation at anytime and for any reason without penalty. Assignment and usage fees are non-refundable.” The WinPointVIP Passport is an outstanding product that provides tremendous travel discounts, priority bookings and free room upgrades. I do not understand why you are feeling buyers remorse and am here to help you go over the program again and realize many times your investment in future travel savings. I have an appt today from 11AM to Noon but can talk before or after that. Thanks, Mike Sullivan

Michael D Sullivan

Newtraveler

Reaction score
Best Investment

WinpointVIP is a great company and Mike has been extremely responsive to all bookings I have requested. He goes out of his way to upgrade our bookings and everytime we stay somewhere, it is amazing.

I have nothing but great things to say about the company and the product they provide. We are even planning on upgrading our passport. It is one of the best investments we've made.

I am a very picky and demanding person usually and Win point has never let me down.

MarcT

Reaction score
WinPointVIP and Mike Sullivan

I have been selling the WinPointVIP program for over 3 years and I have over 80 owners that purchased it from me. NOT one of them has a negative thing to say about Mike Sullivan or his product until today. In my opinion the WinPointVIP program is the most powerful travel program that I have ever been exposed to and I’ve been in the industry for 22 years. Mr. Lyle signed a very simple to the point purchase agreement after I spent many hours explaining it to him and how the program works dating back to March of this year. He told me that he understood how it worked and I believe he does. He is a savvy timeshare veteran and was never under the false impression that “WinPointVIP was Wyndham” The name WinPointVIP was trademarked by Timeshare Travel & Transfer LLC in 2011 and is in no way similar to Wyndham Vacation Resorts Inc. Mr Lyle did experience buyers remorse and chose to deal with it by making threats and blackmailing us. We chose to not cave into those tactics. Mike Lyle has already booked his first trip and was recontacted when a less expensive option came open and then used that offer to pretend that first booking wasn’t being honored.

I believe in WinPointVIP and I believe in Mike Sullivan.

Sincerely,
Marc Thomas

Reaction score
No regrets!

Hello All,
Maybe as a timeshare reseller Mike Sullivan is OK.....I simply don't know. But as a very recent WinPointVIP purchaser, I couldn't be more unhappy and frankly feel that he stole seven thousand dollars from me.

My husband and I have been WINPointVIP Passport Holders for almost two years now and we have never once regretted our purchase of a Passport. In fact, we tell everyone who likes to travel that this product is the greatest thing ever! We enjoy dealing with Mike Sullivan and Marc Thomas as they both have the integrity and helpful attitudes we are looking for, and they have never let us down yet. Bookings are subject to availability but that's just a no brainer anyway; and WINPointVIP goes out of their way to acquire them - and upgrade them - if at all possible.

Mikelyle, why don't you try using your Passport for a few trips so you can appreciate how affordable and convenient it really makes traveling for you?

Even if WINPointVIP was somehow shut down tomorrow (heaven forbid!), we still would not have any regrets on our decision to do business with Mike Sullivan!

Thanks for reading this!

Last edited:

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
In addition to my "normal ownership model" timeshare, I'm a WinPointVIP member. I bought my membership through Marc Thomas a few years back and feel it was properly represented to me for what it is: access to Wyndham reservations booked through other owner's accounts.

Granted, it felt like a leap of faith to be booking the reservations through a 3rd party rather than controlling them myself (as I do with my other timeshares) -- but it works. I've completed at least 4 reservations through WinPointVIP and each has been successful. I've never been questioned or turned down at the check-in desk. All has worked "as stated" in the paperwork exchanged when I began my membership.

Frankly, I'm thrilled to have access to Wyndham reservations w/out long-term risk on my part: no ongoing dues, no need for an exit strategy, etc. Win!

DaveRR

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not "Really"

We own HGVC, Worldmark, and WINPOINTVIP. We love them all equally, but worry least about WINPOINTVIP. No quarterly dues to pay, no points to manage, just enjoy it when you need it. Booking with WINPOINTVIP is actually slightly easier than HGVC and Worldmark. It really does work as advertised.

Per Mikelyle, Mikelyle has extensive timeshare experience: "I've been a member of T.U.G. for some 19 years now, my family has been featured in the RCI magazine 6 times and we were on the Summerbay website for about 13 years."

Really, really, Mikelyle...........you didn't understand WINPOINTVIP before you purchased it? You've been dealing with Marc Thomas since March and have been a TUG member for 19 years, and the best you can come up with is "When the contract was sent to me, I did not notice........" REALLY?

Buyers remorse, I get that. But who signed the contact, wrote the check, and mailed it? Then, you changed your mind and now it's NOT YOUR fault? Really? What about some big-boy pants!!

I also purchased through Marc Thomas and my sales cycle also took a few months. Marc was always great. He answered the same reworded questions 3+ times, always called me right back, and was always super pleasant. He was very careful to not mischaracterize the program. When I wanted further program specifics he put me on a three-way call with Mike Sullivan to make sure my questions were thoroughly addressed. In all of my dealings with Marc, I can't imagine him as "rather hostile." :wave:

mdfindinc

Reaction score
WinpointVIP, the greatest!!

I purchased my membership on 11/2013, for 250,000 points, and have loved every minute. I purchased another 250,000 points in 2014, for my children to use.

I also purchased other timeshares. I purchased a wyndham, 150,000 points on ebay and got ripped off, for $1000. I just about purchased a timeshare, while in vegas for $15,000, for one week a year, with $750 a year maintenance fee. So I studied, joined groups, such as Tug and Redweek, to learn about timeshare ownership. I never suggest ownership to anyone, I suggest, WinpointVip.com. The best thing going in timeshare usage.
I'm in Vegas at this time, sitting in a one bedroom wyndham condo and loving it!!! I spoken with two different street hawkers trying to get me to buy a timeshare at the Hilton or the Carriage house, and I've told both of them about WinpointVIP and they both backed way down and congratulated me on making a smart deal, that is better than they can sell.

My wife and I have stayed 30 nights in 2014' and expect to stay 30 nights in 2015', in Wyndham one and two bedroom condos. We have more than made back our investment and will continue to reap the rewards of ownership. We don't want to vacation in anything less, we don't want to go back to a motel room, and we are spoiled by the condo/resort experiences.

I have owned, rented and studied timeshare ownership, and I too have lost money, but I have never enjoyed vacationing as much, as I do now staying in a Wyndham condo.

I have always dealt with Michael Sullivan, he is the greatest. He responds quickly, he handles all request with professionalism and he is honest and truthful. These are all qualities that are hard to find today.

WinpointVIP, Mark Thomas, and Michael Sullivan, have my deepest thanks, for providing the best and fairest RTU (right to use) point system, of any I've studied. I tell everyone how great this is and how easy it is to work with the guys.

Coeppsco1

Reaction score
WinpointVip very good

I purchased 500,000 Wyndham point at WinpointVip. I was very skeptical at first. I thought the most I would be out of is the $3500.00 down payment for the points. I have used WinpointVip three times and I am very happy I purchased my WinpointVip. Mike Sullivan is the greatest. He has helped me so much. I am so glad I went with WinpointVip instead of buying through Wyndham. Mike is patient with me, because I am new to timesharing. He is honest and gets back to you quickly. I do not mind being a quest instead of owning my timeshare. Look at the money I save. I will be using my points this week in Las Vegas. Everyone at WinpointVip is great, friendly and courteous. Very helpful.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Without knowing all the details I would be skeptical as everyone should.

How long is the contract for? What backs that up? Probably the biggest concern is what happens when the owner who has your reservation in their account cancels it, sells the membership, defaults etc? Renting directly from an owner is much safer because of that. If the company only books on demand and not on spec all the good inventory will be gone if you do not know what you want very early.

The company is only as good as how fast they reply and hoe good they are at getting
No doubt for the common traveler this is better than owning but by no means the only or best option.

Helen_Colorado

TUG Member
Reaction score
WinPointVIP - pretty clear they are not Wyndham, if you read...

I looked into WinPointVIP and though I didn't purchase, it's not because I didn't trust them. I am just not sure my husband would agree this year :)

They make it really clear that you aren't buying Wyndham and how the business works, if you read their website. Plus if you search on this forum for WinPointVIP you can find some messages about it.

I emailed some questions and they were answered very clearly.

I never felt they misrepresented their company or their business model, or that it was illegal or even shady.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Without knowing all the details I would be skeptical as everyone should.

How long is the contract for? What backs that up? Probably the biggest concern is what happens when the owner who has your reservation in their account cancels it, sells the membership, defaults etc? Renting directly from an owner is much safer because of that. If the company only books on demand and not on spec all the good inventory will be gone if you do not know what you want very early.

The company is only as good as how fast they reply and hoe good they are at getting
No doubt for the common traveler this is better than owning but by no means the only or best option.

The risks you point out are still there even if you take out the middleman and deal directly with an owner The owner could cancel, or sell out from under you. The only way to "guarantee" your access to the points with platinum discounts is too buy them from Wyndham. As someone said the only risk is the initial fee you pay Mike for the service, If that makes you uncomfortable in spite of the high praise Mike gets here, dont buy in (buy from Wyndham instead)

And regarding speculative bookings: What Mike is selling is the equivalent of a Wyndham Platinum ownership for a relatively small fee. and no ongoing obligations. Owning one of Mikes passports doesnt magically guarantee a reservation whenever you want. Just like an owner everything is subject to availability. A passport "member" has to plan ahead just like an owner

Mike has used well over 30million of my points for his members and it looks like we will do about that much again next year. Remember my name is on every reservation confirmation. and I havent gotten a single complaint yet (Im glad My Lyle's reservations werent done in my accounts)

k1bustamante

Reaction score
I have been with WinpointVip for a year and a half now, and I love it!!!!
Mikes service is always prompt!!
I knew from day one exactly what I was getting. Marc and Mike explained the program perfectly and I have no regrets in fact I want to buy more points in the near future!

Reaction score
WinpointVIP

I love Winpoint Vip. I bought the 500,000 point passport and now upgraded to the 1,000,000 point passport. I have used this program numerous times in Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, LasVegas, Vermont and New York City. I always book ahead and get a 3-4 bed unit for my family. I had the pleasure of meeting Mike and his wife during one of our vacations. They explained the program to us so we would fully understand it. We are so happy we bought into the passport and not a timeshare. Marc Thomas offered Winpoint vip to us instead of a timeshare with fees and restrictions. We consider Mike Sullivan a friend and he has always reserved us the best unit available when we travel. So happy in our decision to upgrade!!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I guess the owners of winpointvip asked some current users to come to TUG and register and post here about their experience with the company. either that or shills (which I hope isn't the case) at least all the testimonials aren't from newly registered guests.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess the owners of winpointvip asked some current users to come to TUG and register and post here about their experience with the company. either that or shills (which I hope isn't the case) at least all the testimonials aren't from newly registered guests.

I don't have skin in the game. Ron Parise is well respected on TUG. His testimonial is all it takes to assure us that winpointvip is an honest outfit.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I appreciate Ron's post and I trust it. I don't feel the same about the many first time posters who managed to make their first Tug post in this thread. That was not a smart move.