• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancelling II exchange in 60 day window

ml855

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a question that I need to ask, thought about calling II but decided to come here first.

I have an II exchange into Myrtle Beach (check-in is May 9th), it's in the 60 window, I used my deposited 2012 Williamsburg studio which I locked off, the orginal week expires July 7th, 2014.

Found out my husband has a business trip this week and we are unable to use the exchange week and will need to either retrade or cancel. I'm been checking for retrades but haven't seen anything that will work within the next several weeks. If I cancel this week, what are the II rules for canceling within the 60 day window? I'm guessing I'll receive a replacement week, when will this replacement week expire, will it expire when my orginal week expires (July 7th) or will it be good for a year from when I cancel? I know I'll lose my exchange fee, and will lose my Marriott priority. Any information will be helpful. Thanks.

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will have one year from the date of cancellation but it will be a deposit that can only see inventory at 59 days or less. You should cancel soon because the 14 day mark is the next limitation.

Do you really lose Marriott priority? My one and only cancellation week looked identical to my original deposit but it wasn't a Marriott.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you really lose Marriott priority? My one and only cancellation week looked identical to my original deposit but it wasn't a Marriott.

You should not lose Marriott priority. The OP will lose Marriott to Marriott exchange discount, but the week should behave as the original deposit.

That will likely only matter for a handful of weeks since priority is less important during flexchange -- some Marriott weeks don't go through the restricted period during flex.

-ryan

ml855

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys,

I'm so excited, I was able to retrade into "Grande Ocean" this afternoon for May 17th. This will be our second trip to Hilton Head Island but our first trip to "Grande Ocean" we've been wanting to visit this resort for a while now and we finally got an exchange there.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys,

I'm so excited, I was able to retrade into "Grande Ocean" this afternoon for May 17th. This will be our second trip to Hilton Head Island but our first trip to "Grande Ocean" we've been wanting to visit this resort for a while now and we finally got an exchange there.

Nice! Was this on your own online or on the phone with a rep?

ml855

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice! Was this on your own online or on the phone with a rep?

I''ve been checking online several times a day for the past week and have seem lots of exchanges in Hilton Head and a few in Myrtle Beach but no dates would work for us until this afternoon. We decided to only look for resorts we could drive to air fare was to high short notice. We are excited to finally stay at this resort. Heard so many good things about Grande Ocean.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I did e-mail the TUG Members II mailbox and they did indicate that a cancellation replacement on a Marriott lost both the discounted exchange fee and the Marriott priority.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did e-mail the TUG Members II mailbox and they did indicate that a cancellation replacement on a Marriott lost both the discounted exchange fee and the Marriott priority.

Hmm. I have had a cancelled Marriott week before -- and I can say with 97% confidence (or thereabouts) for my particular instance, the Marriott priority was still retained. I tested it via an SDO week.

I suppose I could have made an error and my SDO week just couldn't pull certain weeks due to trading power. However, I believe that is unlikely as I remember testing certain studios which I thought a SDO 1BR would have pulled were it not for the Marriott preference.

Thanks for the info.

-ryan

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmm. I have had a cancelled Marriott week before -- and I can say with 97% confidence (or thereabouts) for my particular instance, the Marriott priority was still retained. I tested it via an SDO week.

I suppose I could have made an error and my SDO week just couldn't pull certain weeks due to trading power. However, I believe that is unlikely as I remember testing certain studios which I thought a SDO 1BR would have pulled were it not for the Marriott preference.

Thanks for the info.

-ryan

I think it might depend on the method of the replacement week but I also think there is a good chance Dioxide received bad info.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I think it might depend on the method of the replacement week but I also think there is a good chance Dioxide received bad info.

Very possible, or perhaps they provided the response they did to be on the safe side. I have only had one cancellation replacement, but turned around right away and booked a non Marriott resort with it. So I have no experience on the matter.

DanaTom

TUG Member
Reaction score
cancellation but retained benefits of M to M

My suggestion if you have to cancel is to speak to a rep. I had a Marriott exchange on II to a non Marriott I cancelled a month before check in date. After discussing the circumstances with a rep., they not only refunded the non Marriott trade fee, but reinstated Marriott to Marriott no fee charge when I used the week to trade into a Marriott that was placed a month later (was outside of the 59 day window).

I don't think this is standard practice but II worked nicely with my situation. I didn't even have to ask for the exchange fee to be refunded, they just did it as a courtesy.

Needless to say, I was very pleased. :)

Last edited: