• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Attaching MR Numbers to II/Marriott Confirmations [2013/Ongoing]

Former Cruiser

TUG Member
Reaction score
We received our trade into Crystal Shores 8 days ago for the first week in June. It still doesn't show up in my Marriott account under "Upcoming Reservations." It's always showed up before so I don't know what to do to get it there again.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Your best bet is to send an email to internet.customer.care@marriott.com - include your name, address, Marriott Rewards Number and Marriott Reservation Number (not the II Confirmation Number.)

Former Cruiser

TUG Member
Reaction score
But that's the problem. I don't have a Marriott reservation number because it's not in my "Upcoming Reservations". I don't know who to call to get my rewards number attached to the trade so it shows up in my rewards account - II, Marriott's 800# or Crystal Shores.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
But that's the problem. I don't have a Marriott reservation number because it's not in my "Upcoming Reservations". I don't know who to call to get my rewards number attached to the trade so it shows up in my rewards account - II, Marriott's 800# or Crystal Shores.

Its in your II certificate after RESERVATION NUMBER. Call Marriott Reservations (elite works best) and just say you want to add your rewards # to an existing reservation.

Some will say they can't, but if so just call back

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Its in your II certificate after RESERVATION NUMBER. Call Marriott Reservations (elite works best) and just say you want to add your rewards # to an existing reservation.

Some will say they can't, but if so just call back

Like David says here, your II certificate should have the Marriott Reservation Number on it as well as the II Confirmation Number. The Marriott number is eight digits with either 8 or 9 as the first digit.

For whatever reason Marriott reps are increasingly unable/unwilling to attach an MR number to an II exchange. You could get lucky with a call but more and more TUGgers are finding that the simplest way to get it done with only one inquiry is to use the email contact posted above.

Good luck!

Last edited:

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've added my MR# to 4-5 different reservations in the past year. Each time, I just called the main Marriott number (I'm only Silver right now, but with 40 nights and another 17 booked so far, I'll be Gold and Platinum soon) and they added it and I was off the phone in about a minute or two. I haven't had any problems getting it added.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
I've added my MR# to 4-5 different reservations in the past year. Each time, I just called the main Marriott number (I'm only Silver right now, but with 40 nights and another 17 booked so far, I'll be Gold and Platinum soon) and they added it and I was off the phone in about a minute or two. I haven't had any problems getting it added.

That was always my experience until the last 6 months or so. Now it is more common for them to say they can't do it.

Former Cruiser

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've sent an email. We're Platinum members so maybe that will help.

I know we can do it when we get there, but when it's in your "Upcoming Reservations" they tell you the view. That'd be nice to know before hand.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've sent an email. We're Platinum members so maybe that will help.

I know we can do it when we get there, but when it's in your "Upcoming Reservations" they tell you the view. That'd be nice to know before hand.

With Platinum MR status there's another reason to get it attached before you get there - the 500MRP Guaranteed Platinum Arrival Gift* and the $100 Guest Compensation you can claim (prior to check-out) if you're not offered the Gift at check-in. The problem is, if your MR account number isn't attached to the reservation then they don't know to offer it to you, and if they don't know then they can reasonably argue that they're not required to pay the compensation.

(*Most of the timeshare resorts offer only the 500MRP Gift. A few select resorts may offer a choice of the MRP or other items.)

For details you can log in to your marriott.com account, click on "Marriott Rewards" in the toolbar just to the left of "My Account" and scroll all the way down to click on "Elite Membership" under "Rewards Terms and Conditions." (Link might open automatically, re-direct on sign-in, or not work at all. Good luck!)

Janette

TUG Member
Reaction score
My II exchanges don't show up as upcoming Marriott stays until about 2 weeks before the stay. We are at Cypress Harbor May 4 and it still is not in my list of Marriott reservations on the Marriott site. It is on the II site.

bastroum

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just sent an email as previously suggested and 6 hours later they were added with a confirmation return email from customer care. Thanks for the tip!

Former Cruiser

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a reply back from Marriott.com that they sent the request to Marriott Vacation Club. Then I received this email from "Alonzo":

I hope this email finds you well. Thank you for contacting the Marriott Vacations Worldwide Customer Care department. Please know that I have added your rewards number to your upcoming reservation per your request.

Great customer service!

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I called to add my MR# to my most recent reservation, and met with my first rejection. "We can't add your MR# to that reservation." My response: "Okay, thank you." I hung up. I called back and got the same person. I hung up.

I tried to find other phone numbers, but no luck.

So I used online chat. Got someone immediately. Gave him the reservation and MR#, and in a matter of seconds he had added it. I pulled up my reservation online.

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the past, I usually just called to have my MR# added. Then last year I got my first rejection, so I emailed the request in, and it was added without problem.

Just last week I wanted to add my MR# to 3 reservations, so I just sent an email. It was done within hours. I'll probably just use email from now on.
(btw, I'm platinum if that makes any difference.)

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
Until recently, I've also had difficulty adding the MR number to our II exchanges. I had to call the MR elite # to get it added. A few months ago, I called the MVCI Owner Services # for another issue and mentioned that I would be calling Marriott to add the MR# to my II exchange and she stated she can do that for me and that I should just call Owner Services in the future...have called them twice since and always had the exchange added w/o a problem. I suspect there were a lot of complaints and MVCI responded to that.

Ingrid

Lee55

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Ocean Club,
Marriott Aruba Surf Club,
& Marriott Grande Vista
I sent an email to internet.customer.care@marriott.com. Gave some basic information. In less than 20 minutes, I had a reply back from Marriott where they had added my MR #. :clap:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
ditto, same here....was done in 2 hours.

Old Hickory

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did the following:

Your best bet is to send an email to internet.customer.care@marriott.com - include your name, address, Marriott Rewards Number and Marriott Reservation Number (not the II Confirmation Number.)

Received the following in about two hours:

Thank you for contacting Marriott. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Based on your request, we have added your Marriott Rewards number to your upcoming reservation. Your request has been guaranteed for your arrival.

Your reservation is confirmed as follows:

<snip>

If we can be of further assistance, we invite you to reply to this email.

Thank you for choosing Marriott.

Regards,
Kentayia Daniels
Marriott Customer Care

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been procrastinating calling so I went ahead and used the email method for the first time. I requested adding my MR# to 8 II exchanges. They added 6 of them and said they could not add the other 2 because they were exchanges. The common factor in those 2 is they are developer deposits. I have never had an issue adding my MR# to a developer deposit before so I will just call the Platinum line and have those two added.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
This thread is a year old but the problem still exists. Sometimes the number is added automatically even on a M to M exchange. This didn't happen until about 3 weeks prior even though the exchange occurred 6 months prior. I was going to just wait until check in but it happened automatically. Sometimes the phone line can add the number and sometimes it seems like no one can except for the resort either at check in or in the week or two before. There isn't any consistency in the process.