• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WinPointVIP lifetime membership

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
CWA is a hundred times more likely to stick around in my opinion !

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
If Wyndham stops giving VIP benefits to resale points Winpoint will be gone in my opinion ! I don't know the terms of the contract between owners & Winpoint . But if can simply stop access to their accounts Winpoint is done

gemini1977

Reaction score
I don't know how you would list WinpointVIP. What are you selling ?

You would be selling the WinPointVIP membership, its privelages are transferable. WinPointVIP has eluded to the likelihood that their prices could increase in the not too distant future. When this happens, it might increase the likelihood that those memberships might begin to appear on the resale market at a discount. There's not much of a reason to sell them now since you would likely have to sell it at a loss. And holding on to it indefinitely doesn't cost you anything extra since there are no MF fees or taxes.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
You would be selling the WinPointVIP membership, its privelages are transferable. WinPointVIP has eluded to the likelihood that their prices could increase in the not too distant future. When this happens, it might increase the likelihood that those memberships might begin to appear on the resale market at a discount. There's not much of a reason to sell them now since you would likely have to sell it at a loss. And holding on to it indefinitely doesn't cost you anything extra since there are no MF fees or taxes.

You may want to set the cup down & stop drinking the coolaid.

gemini1977

Reaction score
You may want to set the cup down & stop drinking the coolaid.

I'm merely describing the siituation as I see it. If you have any information/thoughts/analysis that provides addtional insight please feel free to provide it. I'm sure the community would appreciate something of substance.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying it's a bad product. But I don't think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread either. There is a risk with any investment but you almost sound like a giddy new owner with aWyndham direct purchase. I hope Winpoint works great for all their members just understand you could wake up tomorrow & it's gone!!

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Big brother (Wyndham) would like to get rid of little brother(Winpoint)

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
If your an owner of a membership in WinpointVIP what is your recourse if you call in someday & are told there are no points available at this time ?

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I still believe Wyndham likes mega renters. They are excellent owners . They pay their maintenance fees on time . Their contracts are paid for or little debt per point. Only one person to deal with all their reservations. A steady flow of potential clients. If I'm wrong why don't they simply update their software to stop VIP treatment of resale points.
You are apparently wrong about Wyndham's opinion of megarenters.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1734698&postcount=48

Notice the use of the word "unfairly".

But you make a good point about why don't they back up that opinion with action regarding a flagrant loophole?

Last edited:

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe they can't at this point in time. Last February I was in St Thomas and I brought up winpoint.

Believe me, they did not have anything nice to say about him.
I think that at this point it is more an inability (ie computer system) to stop giving ANY VIP owners VIP benifits on resale, with the exception of ARP.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score

The only privilege you have is access to someone else's account that could stop any day. You own nothing. I'm sure I don't have any ideas that Wyndham hasn't thought of but here are few more. Reduce the number of free guest reservations. Guest reservations don't qualify for free upgrades & point discounts. That would have a huge impact if Wyndham wants to protect the owners.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't be that hard to stop VIP treatment of guest reservations . Simply treat guest reservations like ARP & make you call in so reps don't give any upgrades or point discounts.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't be that hard to stop VIP treatment of guest reservations . Simply treat guest reservations like ARP & make you call in so reps don't give any upgrades or point discounts.

If the reservation is already booked and upgraded then the guest is added?

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if under the discount window, resale points, or pooled points could be used to cancel and rebook?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
If the reservation is already booked and upgraded then the guest is added?

If you have to call in to add the guest the rep could remove any discount & upgrade. If you don't have enough points available when adding the guest the reservation gets cancelled or remains in the owners name

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
If no availability of origanal reservation a guest can't be added

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if under the discount window, resale points, or pooled points could be used to cancel and rebook?

You can right now. If I understand other posts from renters they credit pool a large amount of their points.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score

A while back Ron was giving away contracts with no available points for 2-3 years.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have to call in to add the guest the rep could remove any discount & upgrade. If you don't have enough points available when adding the guest the reservation gets cancelled or remains in the owners name
That will not work. Go Green! If Wyndham could eliminate all calls to the center they would. It has to be by contract not account number. If done right only current year VIP contracts could cancel and rebook.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
That will not work. Go Green! If Wyndham could eliminate all calls to the center they would. It has to be by contract not account number. If done right only current year VIP contracts could cancel and rebook.

You nailed it couldn't agree more !!!!

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score

I doubt Wyndham could program that. Maybe some things could be done but this is just grasping at straws.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't think it would be that hard to not allow guest to be added to a reservation in the last 60 days

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't think it would be that hard to not allow guest to be added to a reservation in the last 60 days

And if someone other then the owner is needs to check in before the owner? It is also an owners right to be able to add a guest name to a reservation. That has been and still is a selling point.

I could list a few dozen more reasons on why your thought would not work. Thankfully regardless of what one person wants it will not happen.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
And if someone other then the owner is needs to check in before the owner? It is also an owners right to be able to add a guest name to a reservation. That has been and still is a selling point.

I could list a few dozen more reasons on why your thought would not work. Thankfully regardless of what one person wants it will not happen.

Wyndham could take that right away at anytime but don't lose sleep over it. I don't think they will take it away either. The sales weasels would still use it as a sales pitch they just wouldn't tell you you can't do it in the last 60 days!!!