• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Mayflower Hotel, Washington,DC

Sookidog

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Ocean
Mayflower Exchange Request

I have a pending Interval Exchange request. I was trying to add the Mayflower (MFL) to my request but the Interval request won't accept it. Does anyone know why this is? Perhaps need destination points and not Interval trades? Thanks for your response.

FYI. I spoke to Interval. The reason the Mayflower was not being accepted as an exchange request was because my criteria included a kitchen. The Mayflower Hotel does not have Kitchens therefore, was filtered out of my request. If I had selected studio, it would have been included.

epcmart

TUG Member
Reaction score
DC & NYC Vacation with Kids June 2017

Moderators please move or start a new thread if that would be more appropriate
Hi there all,
in the early planning phase for a DC vacation end of June. I am Marriott Rewards Platinum this year (and hope next year as I don't have enough nights for next years platinum status just yet) and have enough points for 7nights in category 7 or 8 hotel and flight package.

Flying in from SFO, best options are Dulles airport and thinking of staying at Mayflower or JW in DC. Does one have better chances over the other of an upgrade to a Suite? I know Mayflower is also a TS property so might have more suites available?

Would spend 7nights in DC then planning to go to NYC for 3nights then fly back to SFO from JFK or LGA etc.

What would be the best way to get to NYC from DC, do you recommend taking the Amtrak?
Also, a Marriott recommendation in NYC please, not planning on renting a car this whole trip and don't want to return to DC for flight back.

TIA

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Flying in from SFO, best options are Dulles airport and thinking of staying at Mayflower or JW in DC. Does one have better chances over the other of an upgrade to a Suite? I know Mayflower is also a TS property so might have more suites available?

At The Mayflower the timeshare inventory is managed totally separate from the hotel inventory, so the fact that the MVC timeshare is co-located in the same building will have no impact on your ability to reserve or upgrade in the hotel section. The MVC timeshare units are all on one floor, I think. The only way to get the timeshare units is to use Destination Club Points or snag one of the units that get deposited to II. It's almost like two different hotels under one roof - a hotel owned and managed by Marriott International, Inc. and a timeshare owned and managed by Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Inc. Two totally separate companies.

Last edited:

epcmart

TUG Member
Reaction score
At The Mayflower the timeshare inventory is managed totally separate from the hotel inventory, so the fact that the MVC timeshare is co-located in the same building will have no impact on your ability to reserve or upgrade in the hotel section. The MVC timeshare units are all on one floor, I think. The only way to get the timeshare units is to use Destination Club Points or snag one of the units that get deposited to II. It's almost like two different hotels under one roof.

Thx, What are the chances of getting Mayflower in June 2017 if I put in a request with II now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Thx, What are the chances of getting Mayflower in June 2017 if I put in a request with II now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea. Maybe someone with more II trading experience can help with that one. It depends on how many units Marriott deposits in II since no one owns Mayflower except the MVC Trust