• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott DC enrollment incentives - ENCORE

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
For DC exchange members do we pay the annual club fees whether or not we turn in a week for points?

Also when we do turn in a week for points as far as MFs go we still ONLY pay our annual MF correct? Or do we pay MF based on points received?

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Yes. Pay club dues regardless.

And you always only pay MF's on your weeks, unless you also owned pure Trust points too.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
For DC exchange members do we pay the annual club fees whether or not we turn in a week for points?

Also when we do turn in a week for points as far as MFs go we still ONLY pay our annual MF correct? Or do we pay MF based on points received?

As Fasstr said, yes you have to pay the annual Club Dues fee regardless of whether you convert an enrolled Week to Points or not. It's important to note that the way the rules are written, if you don't pay the Club Dues then your membership will be cancelled. And if you want to re-enroll your Week(s) at a later date, you will be subject to the eligibility rules and the enrollment fees in effect at the time of re-enrollment.

Correct, if you don't ever purchase DC Trust Points then you'll only ever have to pay your Weeks MF's and Club Dues annual fees.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 2 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd)
[Edited.] ... I asked for a guarantee for getting summer HHI. I was told yes as long as I gave 2 weeks and 2 resorts (Monarch and GO). I got an email from the sales person that said with her managers approval tt will an addendum to the encore agreement. When I got the agreement it did not have it. I was then told it would be added after the agreement was signed. After some back and forth I didn't sign the agreement.

Last edited by a moderator:

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
[Edited.] ... I asked for a guarantee for getting summer HHI. I was told yes as long as I gave 2 weeks and 2 resorts (Monarch and GO). I got an email from the sales person that said with her managers approval tt will an addendum to the encore agreement. When I got the agreement it did not have it. I was then told it would be added after the agreement was signed. After some back and forth I didn't sign the agreement.

I tried to follow your lead and asked for something in writing also and was rebuffed as well. At the end of the day I did sign because the overall deal was still excellent and I want 1 of 2 weeks at the Monarch at the end of August so i'm hoping i'm successful but if not I'm sure I'll find a way to use the time.

I did find out the availability window opens 10 months from desired check-in of encore package start so for me the is Oct sometime so i'll take my chances and let everyone knows my results.

While we're on the topic, has anyone had success getting a summer HHI encore package reservation? If so what resorts?

I know the encore package i signed specifically ruled out the GO so that was a negative but we're be OK with the Monarch for sure so that will be our objective.

CashEddie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried to follow your lead and asked for something in writing also and was rebuffed as well. At the end of the day I did sign because the overall deal was still excellent and I want 1 of 2 weeks at the Monarch at the end of August so i'm hoping i'm successful but if not I'm sure I'll find a way to use the time.

I did find out the availability window opens 10 months from desired check-in of encore package start so for me the is Oct sometime so i'll take my chances and let everyone knows my results.

While we're on the topic, has anyone had success getting a summer HHI encore package reservation? If so what resorts?

I know the encore package i signed specifically ruled out the GO so that was a negative but we're be OK with the Monarch for sure so that will be our objective.

Joe,

We have requested Grand Ocean for our Encore for next year in the summer. Yes, the paperwork has it excluded but you can request it and they will put you in there if they have availability. My rep has me on the list and she said we have good chances of getting in. We have submitted dates from July 16th - August 13th. I'll report back if we get in.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
... While we're on the topic, has anyone had success getting a summer HHI encore package reservation? If so what resorts? ...

A couple years ago on a Preview pitch I was told that a 5-day mid-July stay was available at GO or SurfWatch, but we ended up not biting on the pitch.

I don't think high-demand intervals are all that unusual for Preview or Encore packages - it makes sense that they'd want to showcase the best for folks who are committed to a sales presentation. Making a request as far out as possible will more likely than not meet with success, IMO, because they only allow so many requests.

jklebolt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Encore Enrollment Crystal Shores

Called to inquire on encore program. They offer an array/grid of options with encore program that allows you to stay from 3-6 nights at either Crystal Shores or at the Marco Island Marriott- soon to be JW Marriott.

I did not have to go through a presentation, basically called and asked for the encore program.

I elected to enroll my one Crystal Shore pre-2010 week for $2695 which includes 4d/3N at Marriott Hotel Marco in Jan-April, to be used before March 1st, 2018, and 100,000 MP points and 1,000 single use destination points to be used in 18 months after posting. My wife and I will need to attend a 90min presentation(hopefully shorter) upon our return to receive the MP and DP single use point. They could not enroll my post-2010 Crystal Shores week unless I purchased 3,000 points which I was not interested in doing.

The lowest price option was $695, with an varying array from there. We carefully examined a $1695 package which gave us enrollment without the MP or single use points and a 7d/6 night at Marriott Marco Hotel, this would have negated the 90min presentation later but we calculated the other as a better value for us.

Last edited by a moderator:

IuLiKa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds interesting, especially adding the destination points. I am curious what they offer in Hawaii right now. I purchased an encore package at KoOlina in 2015 that I am trying to use this October. I am having a hard time adding couple of days on DC points to my 6 nights. It's just unreal, no wonder I am not buying any more DC points.. almost all the time I try to use them I have a difficult time.
Can you imagine I cannot find two days in a studio in October which is low season in Hawaii? They do have 3 bedrooms available of course:) if i need it a 3 bedroom i bet you I couldn't get it.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Can you imagine I cannot find two days in a studio in October which is low season in Hawaii?

I am not at all surprised. Low season in Hawaii is not at all like low season in Hilton Head or Myrtle Beach. That is why the Hawaii resorts are platinum for the whole year, with no gold or lower season. As for DC points, I have found them very easy to use if you are reasonable in your expectations.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Can you imagine I cannot find two days in a studio in October which is low season in Hawaii?

I am not at all surprised. Low season in Hawaii is not at all like low season in Hilton Head or Myrtle Beach. That is why the Hawaii resorts are platinum for the whole year, with no gold or lower season. As for DC points, I have found them very easy to use if you are reasonable in your expectations.

...and I'll add that since you are looking less than two months in advance, that makes not finding anything even less surprising. Last minute cancellations do happen though, so keep looking.

catharsis

TUG Member
Reaction score
Joe,
....you can request it and they will put you in there if they have availability. My rep has me on the list and she said we have good chances of getting in. We have submitted dates from July 16th - August 13th. I'll report back if we get in.

Can anyone shed any light on this 'submission' and 'list' ... my encore package came with a phone number to call ... no 'list' .... and when I ask for certain holiday options and am told that they are not available, once again no mention has been made of any 'Waitlist'?

Is it possible to call the encore line and request to be put on a waiting list?

Kind regards

C

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

CashEddie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can anyone shed any light on this 'submission' and 'list' ... my encore package came with a phone number to call ... no 'list' .... and when I ask for certain holiday options and am told that they are not available, once again no mention has been made of any 'Waitlist'?

Is it possible to call the encore line and request to be put on a waiting list?

Kind regards

C

Hello,

I wanted to report back that we were successful in reserving our Encore package for Grand Ocean for next July. We worked with our Encore advisor, gave her the desired property and dates. She called me on yesterday to inform me that it looked like availablilty was going to open up for the first date we gave them which was July 16th, 2017. Today I received the confirmation email and reservation shows up in my rewards account. We want to extend by one more night so need to call back on Tuesday to book the additional night using some left over points.

The reservation window for encore packages doesn't open up until 10 months out so when I originally requested the dates, it was greater than the 10 month window but t advisor was able to put us on a "list" and contacted me one day before the reservation window opened to let us know our chances looked were very good on getting in. My assumption is that they have a way to "waitlist" Encore reservations and the closely monitor that list and keep the owner informed of the confirmation. It would be in there best interest to do so since they are trying to get you back there to make a purchase.

At any rate, we are confirmed for Grand Ocean for next summer which is all I wanted.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Hello,

I wanted to report back that we were successful in reserving our Encore package for Grand Ocean for next July. We worked with our Encore advisor, gave her the desired property and dates. She called me on yesterday to inform me that it looked like availablilty was going to open up for the first date we gave them which was July 16th, 2017. Today I received the confirmation email and reservation shows up in my rewards account. We want to extend by one more night so need to call back on Tuesday to book the additional night using some left over points.

The reservation window for encore packages doesn't open up until 10 months out so when I originally requested the dates, it was greater than the 10 month window but t advisor was able to put us on a "list" and contacted me one day before the reservation window opened to let us know our chances looked were very good on getting in. My assumption is that they have a way to "waitlist" Encore reservations and the closely monitor that list and keep the owner informed of the confirmation. It would be in there best interest to do so since they are trying to get you back there to make a purchase.

At any rate, we are confirmed for Grand Ocean for next summer which is all I wanted.

That's a nice score!! Congrats.

edinaiken

Reaction score
Our sales guy told us that marketing has inventory that is separate from Marriott trust/II for use in providing "special" requests for the Encore package. We were able to secure a promise from him for a 3 br unit in high season at Surf Watch next summer.

catharsis

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was promised a Vail 3 bedroom for the upcoming ski season .... obviously that turned out to be garbage. Hope you fare better.... I suggest unless you can book and confirm during rescind period assume you won't get this.

Last edited:

catharsis

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also worth noting that the salesperson was right in one sense. There was plenty of DC Points availability for the dates I was unable to book an encore package... so they ARE separate inventory .... just not in encore packages favour.