• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lifetime Platinum Question [Marriott Rewards]

22go

Reaction score
We just reached lifetime platinum a month ago. I do not see that status anywhere in our account or in our profile. Is this normal? Should I see lifetime status listed somewhere? Thanks.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just reached lifetime platinum a month ago. I do not see that status anywhere in our account or in our profile. Is this normal? Should I see lifetime status listed somewhere? Thanks.
When I sign in to Marriott.com
My Account shows that I am currently Platinum
If I click on this, then click on Account Overview, then click on Nights
this then shows that I am Lifetime Gold too
(as well as once again showing my correct number of Lifetime nights)

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch

Sign in to your marriott.com account, click on "My Account" on the top line then "Account Overview" under your name in the pop-up box. Above the word "Status" on the top line will be your current status; click on the word "Nights" and that pop-up box will show your Lifetime Status with a link to the qualifications:

Lifetime Silver = 250 Nights plus 1.2 million Marriott Rewards Points
Lifetime Gold = 500 Nights plus 1.6 million Marriott Rewards Points
Lifetime Platinum = 750 Nights plus 2 million Marriott Rewards Points

Rodenwjr

Reaction score
Regarding the lifetime status....do you have to have the 1.6 million points (for gold) in the account or is that number a lifetime figure that you hit?

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Regarding the lifetime status....do you have to have the 1.6 million points (for gold) in the account or is that number a lifetime figure that you hit?

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Current available MRP total doesn't matter; it's the amount accumulated over the life of membership. The total is in the pop-up box when you click on "Nights."

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I know the answer, but figured I would ask the real experts. Do transferred in points count.

I will cross over 500 nights early next year, but I am about 350K MRP short of 1.6M.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think I know the answer, but figured I would ask the real experts. Do transferred in points count.

I will cross over 500 nights early next year, but I am about 350K MRP short of 1.6M.

Yes, transferred MRP count towards Lifetime status in the account to which they're transferred BUT I think they're simultaneously deducted out of the account from which they're transferred. I'd suggest that the person who is transferring MRP out contact Marriott to confirm, especially if the transfer results in the total dropping below an already-attained Lifetime level in that account.

Also, do timeshare converted points count towards lifetime points?

Yes. The only restriction I've ever heard of (from when we purchased) on MRP's from exchanged timeshare Weeks (and DC Points?) is that you're not supposed to be able to redeem those MRP for stays at the timeshare properties. I'm not sure if that's still the case or if they've ever enforced it.

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sign in to your marriott.com account, click on "My Account" on the top line then "Account Overview" under your name in the pop-up box. Above the word "Status" on the top line will be your current status; click on the word "Nights" and that pop-up box will show your Lifetime Status with a link to the qualifications:

Lifetime Silver = 250 Nights plus 1.2 million Marriott Rewards Points
Lifetime Gold = 500 Nights plus 1.6 million Marriott Rewards Points
Lifetime Platinum = 750 Nights plus 2 million Marriott Rewards Points

Would be nice if this was in a sticky... Useful information ..

I didn't know I was "lifetime" until I checked after reading this :) Nice surprise

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Yes. The only restriction I've ever heard of (from when we purchased) on MRP's from exchanged timeshare Weeks (and DC Points?) is that you're not supposed to be able to redeem those MRP for stays at the timeshare properties. I'm not sure if that's still the case or if they've ever enforced it.

I don't know if that restriction is still in the rules or not, but they admitted to me once (maybe 10-15 years ago) that their systems do not even track how many points come from timeshare exchanges. So the restriction was never enforced.

Last edited:

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, transferred MRP count towards Lifetime status in the account to which they're transferred BUT I think they're simultaneously deducted out of the account from which they're transferred. I'd suggest that the person who is transferring MRP out contact Marriott to confirm, especially if the transfer results in the total dropping below an already-attained Lifetime level in that account.

I thought that you could only do it when making a rewards reservation. Is that still the case?
Never mind. I found it,

Points Sharing

You can transfer 1,000 points or more—up to a maximum of 50,000 points per year—for a transaction fee of just $10 USD. Gold and Platinum Elite members transfer for free.

A limit of 50,000 points per year may be transferred into or out of a member’s account. Members who are transferring points in order to satisfy a specific award may exceed the 50,000 limit up to the amount needed to satisfy the reservation.

Last edited:

Rodenwjr

Reaction score
Can someone confirm that you now get credit for stays while using MRP for the stay? Ex...I stay 3 nights somewhere, 2 nights using MRP combined with a cash stay for the third night. I get credit for all 3 nights stay.

Sent from my SM-T337V using Tapatalk

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can someone confirm that you now get credit for stays while using MRP for the stay? Ex...I stay 3 nights somewhere, 2 nights using MRP combined with a cash stay for the third night. I get credit for all 3 nights stay.

That would be welcome, but I don't believe so.
I am using MRPs for Travel Packages and the 5 nights accommodation that comes with these have not been earning Elite nights.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

From the Marriott Rewards Terms & Conditions page at marriott.com:
... Elite Membership Requirements
... 3. Reward certificate stays will count toward Elite night credit ...

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That would be welcome, but I don't believe so.
I am using MRPs for Travel Packages and the 5 nights accommodation that comes with these have not been earning Elite nights.

If you're staying at participating properties then they should be counted as Elite Nights. From the FAQ:
How do I get credit for a missing stay?
You may email, mail or fax your missing stay requests.
To email: Send a copy of your eFolio to stay.add@marriott.com. You can also scan a copy of your printed hotel folio (bill) and email it to stay.add@marriott.com.
To mail: Mail a printed copy of your hotel folio (bill) along with your Marriott Rewards account number to the Marriott Rewards Customer Support location near you.
To fax: Print a fax-in “Missing Stays” form for by signing in to My Account and clicking on the link for missing stays.

Last edited:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you're staying at participating properties then they should be counted as Elite Nights. From the FAQ:

I'm talking to myself again but want to note that Redemption/Award Stays counting as Elite Nights is relatively new, announced October '15. See these two threads:
TUG Changes to be announced next week for MR
Marriott Rewards Insiders Exclusive News: Introducing the Fab Four!

A couple other things worth noting about MR that may as well be dropped here:

- Nights for MVC Preview or Encore stays (and possibly other promotional stays) do not count as Elite Nights. (I think this is noted on those reservations?)
- Although MVC timeshare stays count as Elite Nights, they do NOT count as "qualifying activity" for the Expiration Policy UNLESS incidental spends during the stays earn MRPoints or Miles. (See Points Expiration Policy FAQ.)

Please, feel free to add to this thread whatever MR info you feel is worth noting or whatever questions are worth asking, with an eye towards a TUG FAQ. Thank you!

Last edited:

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Excellent, thank you.
I don't know how I missed that, but I am very pleased this thread brought up the subject once again.