• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Does it make sense to deposit a 3BR MGV?

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
The reason I asked is because you have a history on TUG of trying to encourage people to participate in relatively unknown exchange ventures/companies. If you have something official that puts II's operations in a different light than what we've come to learn through experience, it's probably better for you to just post it rather than repeatedly mention it as an abstract in multiple TUG threads.

SueDonJ, with all due respect:

This is getting way off base. If you're saying that I want people to join me in an "unknown exchange venture/company" that is plainly not true.

RCI, SFX, DAE, TPI, they are all great exchange companies.

II is not candid about what exchanges you can get for a deposit (I hope you agree with that). That is the topic of this thread.

All I'm trying to do is shed light about how II goes about matching exchange requests.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
dominidude - Couple issues:

-Duplicate posts are not permitted on TUG - posting the same info. over and over in slightly different forms is still duplication.

-You continue to claim the you have this brochure, but don't want to post it. If you really have it, there is no logical reason not to post a picture of it.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
... All I'm trying to do is shed light about how II goes about matching exchange requests.

If whatever you have hadn't been directly contradicted by TUGgers' experiences then I would agree with you that you may have something concrete to offer. But what you're posting, in duplicate, has been sufficiently refuted by other TUGgers so it's not, IMO, important enough to mention repeatedly unless you're willing to show us the actual document.

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you sure or is it just wishful thinking? You posted in another thread that you had an II exchange with a check-in date of June 2016. That was not that long ago. You comment on just about every II thread so I assumed you were a current member.

II keeps as a trade secret the formula they use to effect exchange trades. Trying to shed a little light on that formula is no bad thing, I thought.

And yes, now that you mention it, I did trade with II a cocoa beach studio for a 2 bdr orlando unit in with a check in june 2016, but I no longer own that studio. Like everyone one else, I didnt know II was implementing the size upgrade fee, so now I feel really lucky I got rid of it.

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
-You continue to claim the you have this brochure, but don't want to post it. If you really have it, there is no logical reason not to post a picture of it.

I wont, but I will find online, on II's website. If I post it, I'm afraid others will say I made it up.
And then what?
After all, we are all agreed, II is a crapshoot.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
If you take a picture of the brochure with your phone, and post the picture, how will others say you made it up?

Refusing to post it makes it sound like you DID make it up...

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I wont, but I will find online, on II's website. If I post it, I'm afraid others will say I made it up.
And then what?
After all, we are all agreed, II is a crapshoot.

This is getting ridiculous, multiple posts in multiple threads about an II document that you have but don't want to share. I don't doubt you have something but I do wonder why you insist on taking it word-for-word as II gospel when TUGgers have taken mere minutes to refute what's in it.

Yes, II can be a crap shoot. But they're not a completely non-transparent company. Anybody can go to intervalworld.com and click on "Legal Information" at the bottom of the page to access the link to the 2016 Buyers' Guide. Active members can access the particulars of their specific membership by signing in to our accounts and/or reading the II Guides that get mailed to us. The point being, II says officially and forthrightly that they consider the size/resort/area values of deposits, but our collective experiences are better barometers of exchange expectations than anything written by II.

We need to be done with this. Any discussions about II can continue but if you want to mention this document again, dominidude, please link to one of your numerous posts about it rather than duplicating the same post in multiple threads.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The info. you copied and pasted from II is common knowledge.

That doesn't mean you have the brochure.... Please post it - we'd love to see it.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I just want to say that it is possible that the sales person had such a pamphlet. The sales person may even believe it was from II (which it may or may not have been-I am sure that salesperson didn't walk into II headquarters and get handed the pamphlet) it could have come from another sales associate or manager who may have copied and pasted and modified it with info that he found helpful to make a sale and could have modified out other parts that he did not find helpful. We all know sales people lie and use the truth to make you come to the conclusions they want in order to make the sale. We know that they share there methodology so you may have a very similar presentation from Bob who works for Palace Resorts in Cancun who went to college in your hometown or from Sue who works for Westgate in Park City who has family who live in your hometown.

This isn't new and has never been how II really works, who knows if the salesperson really knows this -or cares. If he is selling at an elite resort he is going to say that you need an elite resort to exchange into other elite resorts. He will brush over the fact that he is selling at an elite resort with a high AI fee and is selling you float weeks where the developer picks which week to deposit. They don't mention preference except as it relates in getting back into the home resort if the buyers seem interested in that. He will make it seem that your chances of getting that Westin 2 br in Maui at New Years are very high because most other timeshare owners don't own an elite resort on the beach and II has a 95% exchange rate.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
dominidude - This is an easy fix - just send a good picture of the brochure to me personally, and that will validate your claim. I will keep it confidential.

-Take a clear picture on your phone
-Send me a pm
-Use the paperclip link to attach the picture to the pm

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
We recently bought a 3BR MGV Gold week and I deposited the 2017 week with II. I have been playing with searches to get a feel but I am beginning to wonder if I have any benefit depositing the 3BR for II trading power versus just using a 2BR and getting a trade also from the studio? We don't have too much use for studios but at least it would be an option. I guess the question is I wonder how much extra "pull" the 3BR really has and is it worth giving II the entire unit? TIA! It is fun to finally see all of the Marriotts within the preference period that I could never see or have access to. :banana:

I thought we had to lock off BEFORE depositing into II. Once deposited as a unit, it couldn't be locked off. Right or wrong?

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought we had to lock off BEFORE depositing into II. Once deposited as a unit, it couldn't be locked off. Right or wrong?

Correct but the OP hadn't deposited yet. Anyone can search with a unit prior to depositing. This way you can see what the full unit can pull as well as the lock-off portions.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k

Some units (Florida Club) can be much trickier to test with --pre-deposit.

I need to see if someone on TUG knows how to 'trick' the FC units into a test reservation. Other units are easy (8 digits, starts with 8 eg 81234567, pick a date in the year of the potential deposit), but FC units come up with a completely different screen (all of the FC units in a column with reservation unit and date blocks....) and I've not been able to test.

Maybe I'm just missing something.

Last edited:

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
Correct but the OP hadn't deposited yet. Anyone can search with a unit prior to depositing. This way you can see what the full unit can pull as well as the lock-off portions.

Ah! I thought he'd already deposited. Thank you!

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Some units (Florida Club) can be much trickier to test with --pre-deposit.

I need to see if someone on TUG knows how to 'trick' the FC units into a test reservation. Other units are easy (8 digits, starts with 8 eg 81234567, pick a date in the year of the potential deposit), but FC units come up with a completely different screen (all of the FC units in a column with reservation unit and date blocks....) and I've not been able to test.

Maybe I'm just missing something.

Under MVCI's Florida Club pick a usage year and click "vacation exchange"
Choose any ONE resort and type an 8 digit reservation number
Fill in unit number with "zzaa, zzab (2 bed) or zzao" (3 bed) (fixed 2BR units are tovi)
Enter any check in dates and click "continue"
Select 0, 1, 2 or 3BR and click "continue"

Sample image:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h20jqpsiouz0f15/FC units.JPG?dl=0

Last edited:

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Under MVCI's Florida Club pick a usage year and click "vacation exchange"
Choose any ONE resort and type an 8 digit reservation number
Fill in unit number with "zzaa, zzab (2 bed) or zzao" (3 bed) (fixed 2BR units are tovi)
Enter any check in dates and click "continue"
Select 0, 1, 2 or 3BR and click "continue"

Sample image:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h20jqpsiouz0f15/FC units.JPG?dl=0

I was using the wrong unit code(s)

You have been elevated from 'mere mortal' to 'super tugger' in my book. Thanks!

NotWorthy.gif

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k

Thanks, I actually have this printed out in my Interval binder. Of course, if you don't bother to check it and put in the wrong code anyway....well, it doesn't work. Just a memory error on my part.

Thanks for tips D45...

You were already a 'super-Tugger' long ago in my book (and many others as well I'm sure).

Cheers.

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge (x2), Ko Olina week 51 (x3) & 52(x2)
I'm not sure what all the fuss is about getting better / stronger trading power when I've basically found mostly every trade I've wanted to Hawaii in 1,2,3 br units using a 1 br platinum unit to trade. I'm not as familiar with some of the Macros Island and North Carolina properties that others seem to desire, but I've hit holiday weeks pretty consistently every year that some have reported to be "impossible" in Hawaii. What I have seen change lately is the quantity of units available has dropped from 2 years ago. The availability has decreased.

From my experience, it seems to be how persistent you are in doing manual searches in addition to OGS requests. I've had some come through thru the OGS and some thru multiple manual searches every day. The old saying rings true that the early bird gets the worm.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
From my experience, it seems to be how persistent you are in doing manual searches in addition to OGS requests. I've had some come through thru the OGS and some thru multiple manual searches every day. The old saying rings true that the early bird gets the worm.

I couldn't agree more.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
I'm not sure what all the fuss is about getting better / stronger trading power when I've basically found mostly every trade I've wanted to Hawaii in 1,2,3 br units using a 1 br platinum unit to trade. I'm not as familiar with some of the Macros Island and North Carolina properties that others seem to desire, but I've hit holiday weeks pretty consistently every year that some have reported to be "impossible" in Hawaii. What I have seen change lately is the quantity of units available has dropped from 2 years ago. The availability has decreased.

I couldn't agree more.

My (limited) experience too. 100% agree ----^

The best apples always take a little climbing. (apple season is upon us and we pick local). It's true you know...the low hanging fruit go fast and are not always the best.