• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What site do tuggers use for rentals Or exchange?

spaulino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko'Olina Beach Club
I booked the guest room of my MKO for 2017 use and I am definitely not going to use it. Thinking of renting it out or maybe even deposting it for an exchange for MOC (Maui Ocean Club) for Spring Break April 2017 use.... Is that even possble for an echange? Not sure since we're new owners and new to deposit/exhange world. So here are my Qs.

- if i rent it out, what site do you guys use to post it?
- i've heard of an internal exchange, where do I go or offer that to Marriott owners? Is that dealing on my own or do i go to Marriott for that?
- if i deposit it, is it even possible to get MOC for my MKO guest room? I can pay to upgrade to 1 bedroom which will be better too.

Thanks

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I use TUG, Redweek, and Craigslist.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
I like TUG and Redweek, and MyResortNetwork.

Craigslist has a lot of scammers and spammers; if you use it, be careful. If you use it, you should also set up a throw-away email address as you will start getting spam.

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I booked the guest room of my MKO for 2017 use and I am definitely not going to use it. Thinking of renting it out or maybe even deposting it for an exchange for MOC (Maui Ocean Club) for Spring Break April 2017 use.... Is that even possble for an echange? Not sure since we're new owners and new to deposit/exhange world. So here are my Qs.

- if i rent it out, what site do you guys use to post it?
- i've heard of an internal exchange, where do I go or offer that to Marriott owners? Is that dealing on my own or do i go to Marriott for that?
- if i deposit it, is it even possible to get MOC for my MKO guest room? I can pay to upgrade to 1 bedroom which will be better too.

Thanks
Put an add in Marketplace on TUG. We stayed at KoOlina this year, rented from a tug member. This resort is so nice, you would have no trouble renting or exchanging it. Adds are free on Tug go to Marketplace.Good Luck!
Silentg

spaulino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Great.. thanks everyone. I will try those. I checked those out and redweek seems to have lots of posts and I will definitely use the marketplace.

How you you guys deal with internal marriott to marriott exchange though? or owner to owner exchange?

spaulino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I use TUG, Redweek, and Craigslist.

Thanks.

How you you guys deal with internal marriott to marriott exchange though? or owner to owner exchange?I don't think I'm allowed to post a thread here saying I'm willing to exchange mine to XXX resort right?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The TUG market place has a direct exchange area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spaulino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Why not exchange in II? Assuming you have an acct.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Our week was just purchased last year and I don't have an II account yet since I do not need it at the moment. I will eventually when I decide to deposit the guest room that I just booked to use it at same location or elsewhere... But if I can avoid not joining since it also costs money, and I can do an owner to owner exchange to MOC or even rent it out the guest room at Ko'Olina, then I don't need II.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Our week was just purchased last year and I don't have an II account yet since I do not need it at the moment. I will eventually when I decide to deposit the guest room that I just booked to use it at same location or elsewhere... But if I can avoid not joining since it also costs money, and I can do an owner to owner exchange to MOC or even rent it out the guest room at Ko'Olina, then I don't need II.

PM'd you Thanks.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you rent:

Lately, many of my BeachPlace Towers units have been rented through brokers, namely Concierge Realty and StayPC,

I simply contact them and let them know what I have. They charge the renter more than I charge them, and everybody is happy.

I also list my weeks on Redweek. Be patient, as most rentals do not happen until 30-60 days out.

spaulino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lately, many of my BeachPlace Towers units have been rented through brokers, namely Concierge Realty and StayPC,

I simply contact them and let them know what I have. They charge the renter more than I charge them, and everybody is happy.

I also list my weeks on Redweek. Be patient, as most rentals do not happen until 30-60 days out.

Thanks. I'll keep those sites in mind too.