• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Carriage Hills owners- A warning!

CSB

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just received my notice to pay my 2010 maintenance fees. They seem to have a new system in place for payment using a credit card. It is suggested "for our convenience" that payment by credit card can be made though a company called Equiant. You should be aware that the payment will be in American dollars.

I will be mailing in my cheque.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Who manages the property?

Is Shell still the management company there and do you happen to know the name of the General Manager?

TIA

Bill4728

Reaction score
I just received my notice to pay my 2010 maintenance fees. They seem to have a new system in place for payment using a credit card. It is suggested "for our convenience" that payment by credit card can be made though a company called Equiant. You should be aware that the payment will be in American dollars.

I will be mailing in my cheque.
MFs paid at my Shell resort are also thru Equiant and also in US$ But since I'm in the US that works for me.

CSB

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Shell Vacations Hospitality seems to be running things. I sent an email to James Davis who is on the Board of Directors and got this reply:

Cindy,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will look into this and make sure to see that all the owners are informed by some means of communication.

Jim Davis

I just noticed that this is not new this year. My form from last year was the same but I paid the fees earlier since I deposited to RCI before the maintenance fees were due, and therefore did not notice or try to pay the way that they suggested.

Harmina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Re : MF's

Cindy ....I had prepaid my 2010 maintenance fees last year when I spacebanked my unit...it was based on the 2009 fees. I received my invoice last week, it showed $62.CDN owing, which brings it to the 2010 MF's amount.
I called CH accounting department & paid ours with VISA....no problem.

CSB

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is the response that I received from Faye Blewett at Carriage Hills. The agent that I spoke to at Equiant gave me the wrong information.

Jim Davis has forwarded your email to my attention for follow up. I am very sorry for the confusion regarding the maintenance fee payment. Please be assured the fees are in Canadian dollars. We have contacted Equiant so they may follow up directly with the counselor you spoke to. Again, I apologize for the incorrect information.

Faye Blewett
Resort Manager
Carriage Hills Resort, Carriage Ridge Resort
Shell Vacations Hospitality
90 Highland Dr., RR #1
Shanty Bay, ON L0L 2L0

I called Carriage Hills yesterday to see if they received my cheque because I want to deposit my 2010 week with RCI. A recording comes on when you ask to speak to owner services and states that you have to call Equiant to pay your maintenance fees.

Harmina

TUG Member
Reaction score
MF's

Cindy- when I called to pay the balance of my MF's I called 705-835-5858
I asked to be transferred to accounting...they transferred my call. I received a recording to leave a message & my call would be returned within 48 hours.
My call was returned promptly in less than 48 hours.
My husband actually took that call, he put the balance owing on his VISA.
We received a receipt by e-mail within minutes. The e-mail address that sent the receipt was from equaint.
I will be calling CH this week to bank my 2011 week, the amount that I will need to pay at this time will be what the fee is for 2010 & the balance will be billed to me next year.
The # that I use to do my spacebanking is 705-835-5858 ext.5400....

CSB

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Harmina, I believe that if you want to pay your maintenance fees early in order to spacebank with RCI, you can pay just by calling Carriage Hills accounting. However, if you want to pay the fees when you receive your invoice, the accounting department may not have enough staff to handle the volume so they want you to do it directly to equaint. This is the first year that I left my spacebanking to RCI so late that I am paying my maintenance only as I received the invoice.

Thanks,

Harmina

TUG Member
Reaction score
MF's & spacebanking

Cindy....I had no problem with spacebanking my 2011 week this morning through CH. Of course, as usual, I had to prepay my MF's based on the current rate.
I did it directly with the CH reservation. I also, made a payment the other day for the balance for the 2010 deposit through CH's accounting department. I did both transactions directly with CH....no problem. Nothing has changed with the way I spacebank or make my payments since we became owners in 1997.
The only thing different this year, both receipts were e-mailed & that e-mail came from equaint.

Last edited:

mustanghunk

Reaction score
Please help me

Hi my name is Ron and i have timeshares with both Carriage Hills and Carriage Ridge. I bought them with my ex gf and now i wish to sell them. Does anyone know how i go about doing this it would be greatly appreciated as i only work seasonal work now and i can't afford them. Thank-you for listening to me. My email is jellybeancomb@hotmail.com