• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

3 Ohio women held hostage now free

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Natalie Holloway went missing in Aruba which is surrounded by water. Not much chance she's been holed up in some house there, but then again the authorities in Aruba didn't give the victim's family much support or so I've heard. So maybe there is hope for Natalie Holloway...but really there needs to be pressure from US Citizens for that case to be re-opened. (Might I suggest a travel boycott to Aruba? I sure wouldn't ever go there after what happened to that poor girl and the awful treatment the Holloway family got from Aruban officials.)

As for the three girls found in Ohio after a decade of being missing, I can only say this is a miracle and such wonderful news today. And Mr Charles Ramsey the neighborhood man who heard screams and aided in the rescue is to be applauded for not turning a blind eye to someone in need. Cleveland needs to give him the key to the city or something...he could have just ignored screams, especially if it's a bad neighborhood...but he chose to get involved. God Bless Mr Ramsey!

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
More Happy Endings Needed.

Pray for Katherine & Sheila Lyon, who have been missing since 1975.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm thankful that they are safe. I cannot imagine what they all went through for 10 years, being kept under the radar like that.

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
Might I suggest a travel boycott to Aruba? I sure wouldn't ever go there after what happened to that poor girl and the awful treatment the Holloway family got from Aruban officials.!

Just curious, did you also boycott your travel to Mexico when Jon Hammer, the young ex Marine was tossed in jail, beaten, and chained to a bunk and kept in a cell for 5 months for making the error of bringing his grandfathers shotgun. That he voluntarily declared at the border no less?

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Just curious, did you also boycott your travel to Mexico when Jon Hammer, the young ex Marine was tossed in jail, beaten, and chained to a bunk and kept in a cell for 5 months for making the error of bringing his grandfathers shotgun. That he voluntarily declared at the border no less?

Yes, I did in fact boycott until after he was released. I can and do personally boycott products, places, etc when injustice bothers the crap out of me. Thanks for asking! :wave:

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Here's some astonishing new info...

I put in bold the part of this yahoo news article that strikes me as odd. If the community is so tight knit, how is it that 3 girls can be held captive in a house for 10 years? Oh...and to think one of the perps was a school bus driver just sickens me, too.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...nda-berry-real-hero-kidnapping-141444873.html

An American flag and a Puerto Rican flag hung outside the front door of the house Tuesday. The Puerto Rican flag bothered Lucy Delgado, a nearby resident with family living in the largely Puerto Rican neighborhood. "It doesn't deserve to be there," Delgado said of the flag. "This is like, oh my God crazy stuff like this should never happen here."

Delgado described the community as tight knit. "Everybody knows each others business," she said.

Police declined to provide specific details about the home where the women were kept or its condition upon their arrival on Monday. They said the home is an active crime scene and detectives were processing it through the night.

L

laurac260

I put in bold the part of this yahoo news article that strikes me as odd. If the community is so tight knit, how is it that 3 girls can be held captive in a house for 10 years? Oh...and to think one of the perps was a school bus driver just sickens me, too.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...nda-berry-real-hero-kidnapping-141444873.html

An American flag and a Puerto Rican flag hung outside the front door of the house Tuesday. The Puerto Rican flag bothered Lucy Delgado, a nearby resident with family living in the largely Puerto Rican neighborhood. "It doesn't deserve to be there," Delgado said of the flag. "This is like, oh my God crazy stuff like this should never happen here."

Delgado described the community as tight knit. "Everybody knows each others business," she said.

Police declined to provide specific details about the home where the women were kept or its condition upon their arrival on Monday. They said the home is an active crime scene and detectives were processing it through the night.

This may very well have been a tight knit community, but it doesn't seem the perp wanted to be one of the "threads". He put himself out there "just enough" to keep folks from wondering about him. Ironic that he has that much self control, yet he had no self control when he chose to do what he did. Sad that he didn't use his that sort of ability for good, instead of evil. :(

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
The good people of Aruba closed their businesses, schools, etc. to go out and search for Natalie. They volunteered their time and efforts to find this young woman on their own time & dime.

My information comes from being in Aruba and speaking to the locals soon after Natalie's disappearance. Many had dedicated themselves to search for her.

As for me, I could not punish these folks based on their actions. But, that's just me. I did feel differently prior to going to Aruba and had a knee-jerk reaction with wanting to boycott, etc., but I kept an open mind and learned the other side of the story.

My cab driver was the brother of the lead investigator. He would go out with the various volunteer search parties on his off-time from work.

Last edited:

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
At least Joran van der Sloot is in jail for 28 years for murder. Meanwhile, back in Ohio, why were two of the Castro brothers released?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
At least Joran van der Sloot is in jail for 28 years for murder. Meanwhile, back in Ohio, why were two of the Castro brothers released?

Common sense says that the captives indicated that they weren't involved...

TF865

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I pray for a miracle for Brittany Drexel, a teenager from my home here in Rochester, NY who went missing in Myrtle Beach about 4 years ago. I can't possibly imagine the horror of not knowing year after year!

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Common sense says that the captives indicated that they weren't involved...

Common sense would be if the brothers reported what was going on to the police about 9 years ago. These guys knew what was going on and did nothing to stop it.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Common sense would be if the brothers reported what was going on to the police about 9 years ago. These guys knew what was going on and did nothing to stop it.

How do you know that?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
One of my brothers is in my house once a year for Christmas, the other one hasn't been in my house for years. They have no idea who I have chained in the basement...

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
.... These guys knew what was going on and did nothing to stop it.

Wow, talk about jumping to conclusions without knowing what really happened.

A friend of mine played in a band with the kidnapper and no one had any idea what was going on in that house. Should my friend be held also?

Let's wait for the facts to come out before we start hanging people.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
One of my brothers is in my house once a year for Christmas, the other one hasn't been in my house for years. They have no idea who I have chained in the basement...

I don't suppose you'll give us a little hint so we can try to figure it out?:ignore:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't suppose you'll give us a little hint so we can try to figure it out?:ignore:

They are Tuggers who wouldn't behave themselves... ;)

geekette

Reaction score
Sometimes there are things you simply do not know about people close to you. We are not open books. Plenty of news items over time of people conducting "secret lives".

I won't be hanging the brothers and assume there was no evidence to hold them. They may be just as horrified as the rest of us, but also may feel deep guilt and anguish for not figuring it out.

Common sense is not evidence.

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
..meanwhile his mother and children are calling him a "monster".

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've seen statements by the creep's daughter, his mother, his sister and his BIL. They all seem very traumatized by finding this out. I would imagine that his brothers are feeling the same way. This guy is obviously a pro at manipulating those around him. I wonder how many people have been emotionally ruined thanks to this creep.

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
A small house, with the only thing seperating the women for freedom being, drywall, glass and/or plywood....

Let me ask the other ladies here....Do you REALLY think over a 10yr period there was NO chance for that girl to escape if she wanted to? What if it was you....You don't think over 3,650 days you could have figured SOMETHING out?