• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Where have the posters gone,

myoakley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've thought that the conversations along somewhat controversial subjects- as long as they have kept to opinion and instruction have been lively and fun. That IS until they wander off into the opinions of others that may have been found on TV or other sources.

After those threads have been locked, all we're left with is conversations about TIMESHARES! Boooooring. Time to go work in the yard or play solitaire. :)

Jim

I agree with Passepartout. I was really enjoying the give and take about the release of Sgt. Bergdahl until it was closed down.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Tapatalk access is not working so I am on here less often.

really? what errors are you getting? I have not seen any issues with tapatalk reported till now?

is it not working for anyone else?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I suspect your total post volume is down. I know total post volume may be skewed by a few very active threads, e.g. one in the Canadian forum that I'm aware of. If you toss out a handful of high-volume outliers, usually involving a single resort issue, I bet your volume is down.

well yes, having less threads does indicate having less posts as well =)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I agree with Passepartout. I was really enjoying the give and take about the release of Sgt. Bergdahl until it was closed down.

Its certainly quite a heated topic...but sadly as with so many other conversations like that...turned down the road of political bashing etc.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Its certainly quite a heated topic...but sadly as with so many other conversations like that...turned down the road of political bashing etc.

I do like when a moderator deletes offending posts and provides warnings for inappropriate behavior. I like that extra latitude to allow for these types of debates to continue a bit longer. The Sandusky one a couple years ago was epic.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
We deleted several posts, and posted warnings, but it did not deter the people who were bound and determined to grind their political axe. ;)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yes, moderators do their very best to prune a topic to keep it alive...however as Denise said...some folks are just determined to pee in the pool just one time too many.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that posts about peeing in pools should be deleted, and the poster severely chastised on grounds of giving poor guidance to the youth, who could see such comments as approval of that behavior. :)

Posters who are 'pissed off' should get the same treatment too. :hysterical:

Jim

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
When you make the rules....you can break the rules.... :D

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sigh.... your poor mom.....

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
[Funny post designed to break every rule on TUG - deleted. ;) ]

Remember, you can't type about [XXX or XXX or XXX] here or you might get bonked. :wave: I would type more but you said it all.

Bill

Last edited by a moderator: