• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FREE! Lagonita Lodge, Big Bear Lake, CA

melissy123

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Free one bedroom unit at lovely Lagonita Lodge in Big Bear.

This is a Bearview Unit which means it's a lake-view/lake-front unit. Small, well-run resort.

2015 maintenance fees have been paid, and a reservation for July 10-17 has already been made. Guaranteed high floor lakefront unit, as I was the first to make this reservation 13 months prior to checkin. The reservation for the week can also be split up with the buyer using it for a long weekend, and then using the remaining week nights in any 2 night increments for the rest of the year (excluding weeks 51 and 52).

This resort is dual affiliated in RCI and II.

Buyer must pay $590 2015 maintenance fee to have usage of 2015 week.
Buyer to pay closing costs. I would suggest LT Transfers.

You'll find Lagonita Lodge Resort nestled among exhilarating mountain greenery on the shores of enchanting Big Bear Lake. Take a dip in the indoor pool, or soak in the warmth of the Jacuzzi. You can enjoy the solitude of the resort or be a part of the small-town environment that gives Big Bear Lake its special character. Be sure to enjoy boating, hiking, fishing, and horseback riding in the summer and take advantage of close by cross-country and downhill skiing in the winter.

The resort is on the shore of Big Bear Lake in Southern California's San Bernardino National Forest. Vacationers will enjoy boating, fishing, a clubhouse, an indoor swimming pool, and two whirlpools on the premises. Every condominium unit has a fireplace and full kitchen with microwave. Golf, horseback riding, hiking, and mountain biking are popular visitor pastimes, along with skiing at nearby Snow Summit and Big Bear Mountain.

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still available

This is still available. 2015 reservation for July 10-17 can be changed to other summer weeks, and can also be split into 3 reservations of 2 nights or more.

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still available, although the 2015 week was deposited into Interval. I got a 2 bedroom at Marriott's Frenchman's Cove in return.

Vacationsarefun

TUG Member
Reaction score
I really don't need a second timeshare at this point but if I did I would take this one in a heartbeat. We spent two days at Lagonita Lodge a couple of years ago and loved it! I actually bid on some Lagonita Lodge weeks on ebay but wasn't successful...

Too bad this isn't for us but hope someone else gets to enjoy it!

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still available. 2016 week booked for second week of July, but can be changed easily. Otherwise, the use of the week can be split: use the weekend, then reserve other weekdays during the year.

chexchy

TUG Member
Reaction score
mf

I have never been to this resort. I never had much luck exchange into this area either. How much is maintenance fee? is it float week?
thanks

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maintenance fee is $590.

It is a floating week, and can be reserved for any time of the year, including summer and winter, excluding weeks 51 and 52.

The reservation can also be split to up to three mini-stays, as long as each reservation is two nights.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Maintenance fee is $590.

It is a floating week, and can be reserved for any time of the year, including summer and winter, excluding weeks 51 and 52.

The reservation can also be split to up to three mini-stays, as long as each reservation is two nights.

How hard to reserve a January week?

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called the resort and they said January weeks are available.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I called the resort and they said January weeks are available.
Thanks for the info. For some reason I thought this was a 2BR (my bad). I wish it was. This is a fun little resort that we stayed in this January after the biggest snowfall of the winter. Great location on the lake, and just a few minutes from the slopes.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would so love this, but it would officially put me in over me head.

Ianneyan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and Vistana
Still available???

I know that this is a long shot, but is this possibly still available?