• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Recission Questions

asmitch

Reaction score
First off, thanks to this forum and it's awesome users my wife and I discovered we made a huge mistake buying our time share direct from HGVC. We can get FOUR times the points for HALF the cost by buying resale. I very quickly swallowed my pride, accepted that I purchased out of emotion and sent a letter rescinding my contract. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but the letter was delivered yesterday (per my certified mail tracking number) and I have yet to hear from HGVC. I mailed it to the exact address stated in my contract. I have two questions from experienced folks like yourselves:

1) We have two days left in a rescission window should I send another letter? I'm nervous we won't hear that the letter was wrong until after our 10 day period is up.

2) When and what type of contact should I expect from HGVC going forward?

Thanks for all of your advice. My wife and I are eager to purchase the timeshare that we REALLY want, but are nervous to continue without ensuring the other contract is cancelled. I hope this is not a redundant post. I search the other threads and found a lot of information about sending the letter but not what happens next .

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Probably NOTHING is what will happen next. HGVC is under no obligation to give you a progress report on your rescission. However, they ARE very much aware that they have up to 43 days to refund 100% of your funds and set the conditions back to what they were before you made the purchase.

It's possible that someone from the sales team MAY call you and try to save the sale. They might ask why you rescinded, they might offer you lower price or more points or extra 'bonus' weeks. They are trained to counter any argument you may have. This is why we suggest that you carefully screen calls from unknown numbers until your money has been safely refunded.

You have proof that your letter was delivered, and proof that you sent it. You don't need to do anything else but pat yourself on the back for being smart enough to do some research before it was too late.

Welcome to TUG!

Jim

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I wouldn't worry. HGVC is a class act and you will receive your refund / cancellation but it make take a few weeks. When we rescinded our contract (before buying resale), I think it took about three weeks. It was very smooth and professional.

Kurt