• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[How to] book 1 bed penthouse @ west 57? [merged]

elleny76

Reaction score
:hi: Looking to book [specifics deleted] a 1 bed penthouse.

1.) How realistic is that idea?

2.) I need just 1 night.

3.) I have 50k point in Amex cc..would that work too ..if not how many points is one night?

4.) How can I use my HGVC points to book this 1 night?

Any advice will be awesome

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I edited your Ad so it doesn't look like a "rentals wanted" Ad.

Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Your best bet is book with cash or hhonors points on hilton dot com hotel site.

You cant use hgvc points for a single night stay.

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your best bet is book with cash or hhonors points on hilton dot com hotel site.

You cant use hgvc points for a single night stay.

I disagree. At the New York properties you can book 1 night using HGVC points but you need to be within the 40 days booking window to do so.

So to answer the OP's question you can book 1 night in a penthouse but it all depends on the availability. Since the penthouse is the most expensive unit I would say it might be your best bet.

The above assumes you are using HGVC points.

Regards.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
You can book one night at West 57th, but the studio plus is available more often than the one bedroom. Do you have to have a one bedroom or will you settle for a studio? The HGVC points required for a studio plus for one Thursday night recently were 525. Weekend nights are more.

You can go online to the HGVC booking site and look ahead to see what is available for your dates. Then you can prepare for what might be open when the booking window approaches.

elleny76

Reaction score
Thanks Denise and all tugbb's

I have both HGVC 8400K points and Amex 50k points.

I have my eyes set on the 1 bedroom Penthouse only for one night celebration in 2017:)ponder:maybe 2) but its a weekend and I sow the points need :)annoyed:) .

I did also checked RCI ..will call them to see if they can get me the penthouse for 1 week ( wondering how many points that will be...:shrug:)

Will check one by one all your ideas.
I would love to use my points 8400k (2016) and 8400 (2017) coming soon...thanks so much:)

If anyone has different ideas or tricks.please PM me:)

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Very Unlikely

There are 4 penthouse units and they are very rarely not booked at 40 days out.

I think your likelihood of booking is minimal unless you own at W 57th St.

I also think that the PH are not typically available through Hilton.com.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks Denise and all tugbb's

I have both HGVC 8400K points and Amex 50k points.

I have my eyes set on the 1 bedroom Penthouse only for one night celebration in 2017:)ponder:maybe 2) but its a weekend and I sow the points need :)annoyed:) .

I did also checked RCI ..will call them to see if they can get me the penthouse for 1 week ( wondering how many points that will be...:shrug:)

Will check one by one all your ideas.
I would love to use my points 8400k (2016) and 8400 (2017) coming soon...thanks so much:)

If anyone has different ideas or tricks.please PM me:)

I have only seen studios available via RCI, and it is rare. It is unlikely that you will get a one bedroom by asking RCI to look for you, no matter how many points you have.

If you have your heart set on this one bedroom penthouse booking, your best bet is to book through a West 57th owner. Then use your own points to book some other vacation. I am not sure about your dates (high or low demand?), but even trying to get a studio can be challenging. And if you absolutely will not settle for a studio, then rent from an owner to make sure you get exactly what you want.

elleny76

Reaction score
Thanks all!

Yes, I know couple of owners of W 57th and I will be in contact with them as well.

How can I book the cash deal (40 days booking window) does it means ..f I need for example july30 I ned to book by june 20th?

Can I see the cash deals in my HGVC website?

Last edited:

elleny76

Reaction score
Booking one day during weekends at NYC

I am at work and I can open just one window while I work..Tugbbs window!:D

I am thinking to book a studio every Saturday from july @W57th NYC. ( depending on availability and within the 45 days. I live in NJ so no problem last minute booking.

Questions is:
1.) How much (fees)I am looking to expend for 1 night booking with my points? I kind of have an idea but not sure if I am right:ponder:

2.) $85 for HK + 1000+ HGVC p/per night ( I own at GPP California)

3.) I can not figure it how much is cash deal for 1 night (studio is super fine)

4.) trying to book every Saturday while in the summer because I am going to a class late Saturdays and need to stay in the city if possible.

thanks

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
1. Reservation fee. At least $52 per reservation if booked online and more if booked on the telephone.

2. Yes, $85 per reservation housekeeping fee and however many points it is per your night(s)

3. Check your HGVC site for the cash price. I googled it and found some prices for 2015, but they may have gone up. For example, it was $225 for a studio for Mon-Thurs. I did not read further about extra fees

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am at work and I can open just one window while I work..Tugbbs window!:D

I am thinking to book a studio every Saturday from july @W57th NYC. ( depending on availability and within the 45 days. I live in NJ so no problem last minute booking.

Questions is:
1.) How much (fees)I am looking to expend for 1 night booking with my points? I kind of have an idea but not sure if I am right:ponder:

2.) $85 for HK + 1000+ HGVC p/per night ( I own at GPP California)

3.) I can not figure it how much is cash deal for 1 night (studio is super fine)

4.) trying to book every Saturday while in the summer because I am going to a class late Saturdays and need to stay in the city if possible.

thanks

As a non New York City owner you can not use the open season rates. OS is only available to owners. You might be able to book Hilton.com though.

Regards

elleny76

Reaction score
Thanks..

I founded 1 room double bed Hilton midtown for $159!
or 60000K HH points .

Its almost as much as $85-55= $140 + a waste of 1600 points apx ( a lot of money! even with the timeshare)

NYC is really expensive :annoyed:...
I work in NYC _Live in NJ and I don't look at prices.. now I know:ponder:

I wonder..What will really be the difference betw the regular hotel and the 1 bed at West 57th timeshare?..its the same address_same building:shrug:

1. Reservation fee. At least $52 per reservation if booked online and more if booked on the telephone.

2. Yes, $85 per reservation housekeeping fee and however many points it is per your night(s)

3. Check your HGVC site for the cash price. I googled it and found some prices for 2015, but they may have gone up. For example, it was $225 for a studio for Mon-Thurs. I did not read further about extra fees

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Incorrect. For the NY property, Club season reservations have a 1 day minimum reservation.

Kurt

Is this a rule specific to W57th or are you referring to using HGVC points converted at 1:20 rate to hhonors points in order to book?

I cant find anything in the club rules about this one day option.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Is this a rule specific to W57th or are you referring to using HGVC points converted at 1:20 rate to hhonors points in order to book?

I cant find anything in the club rules about this one day option.

This is specific to W57th. The Club reservation window is 44 days and the minimum reservation is 1 night using HGVC points. You can verify this by attempting to make a reservation -- it will let you select a single night.

Kurt

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I wonder..What will really be the difference betw the regular hotel and the 1 bed at West 57th timeshare?..its the same address_same building:shrug:

The Hilton midtown is at 53rd/6th and West 57th is at 57th/6th, so four blocks apart. West 57th is boutique-y, quiet, fast elevators, no lobby to speak of. Hilton midtown is big, bustling, large lobby. Hilton Club has its own elevator block (so quick) but the regular rooms share elevators so may be slow in busy times.

I haven't stayed in a regular Hilton room in many years, so can't compare.

That $159 rate you found is a good one, but will vary depending on the season. Then add taxes and fees. You can get a square footage estimate online, probably.

I like the bathroom at West 57th :). Nice towels :).

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
We stayed one night at W57 last week in a Studio Premium. I agree the lobby is basic and not that impressive. Our room was nice, but i was not super wowed. The finishes were modern and a bit minimalist for my taste, but i suppose that helps to make it seem large.

We had a high floor, and located right next to the elevator. I slept fine, but my wife was bothered by the sound of the elevators going up and down.

I have not stayed at the mid-town hilton so cant compare the two. We spent the rest of our time at the Waldorf on HHonors points. That was also very nice, but had its own set of challenges.

elleny76

Reaction score
thanks everyone..

Last edited:

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
STUDIO... 2 people

Would they accept 1 adult and 2 kids under age of 6 for a studio?

I sent an email and waiting for them to answer but anyone has any idea if this is possible?

any studio with king bed? or double bed @ West 57?
Thanks

Best to call the hotel directly. The website indicates king beds in the studios, sleeps 2.

elleny76

Reaction score
Thanks Denise. I called and I also emailed and both has the same information.. 2 means 2 !..........::( even if its 1 adult and 1 newborn baby.

Best to call the hotel directly. The website indicates king beds in the studios, sleeps 2.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks Denise. I called and I also emailed and both has the same information.. 2 means 2 !..........::( even if its 1 adult and 1 newborn baby.

The studios are really just hotel rooms. Nothing studio-ish about them if you compare them to what we are used to in most timeshares. But for NYC, they are awesome and seem much larger than standard rooms :).