• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I just won Marriott Cypess Harbour

PATERCUBBIE

Reaction score
I just won a Special week 2 bd room at Cypress Harbour weeks 1-17 51/52
for $ 800.00. Makes me wonder if timeshares prices have hit rock bottom or can they still go lower ? I like to believe that in 5 to 10 years prices may rebound a bit if economy reobounds.

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Cypress Harbour is a great resort. Congrats!

sea

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the maintenance fee is at Cypress Harbour?
We love it there!

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Cypress Harbor 2012 Operating Budget from the resort page at my-vacationclub.com:

Operating and Reserve Fee $936.22
Property Taxes - Special Weeks $93.94, Sport Weeks $77.48, Summer Weeks $90.89

PATERCUBBIE

Reaction score
i AGREE

We do treat timeshare as a family vacation not an investment. I still do wonder were the bottom is in this market ? I see many prime weeks 7-17 51-52 going for very low prices. All market have bottoms. The next question is after it hits bottom will it have any bounce or does it splat on ground like an EGG.

Gophesjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't resist this - If it's Orlando, it is splat and sizzle...

4Reliefnow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats that you focused on a Platinum week. I have seen countless posts saying they were going to buy a Silver week for $800. does anyone really want to vacation in Silver Season.....then buy Platinum and reserve any week you want and have a better rental, trader, sale property.

I did talk with a knowledgeable Marriott sales rep and he made the comment that super cheap weeks might end when Marriott realizes they can convert to points for the trust and sell them at $10 and 40 cents maintenance.

The cheapest Cypress Harbor is 1,700 points in the new system or $17,000 to buy new trust points. This is dramatic evidence of how crazy $10 a point is. It also shows that Marriott could exercise ROFR on a platinum week for $5,000 and sell the points for $26,000 ( nice mark-up) .

I think this will start to happen when inventory runs low. Why should Marriott build five new resorts when they can buy weeks that convert to points at 80 percent off?

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I won a Cypress Harbour auction last October for $100 plus reimbursement for 2011 MFs. I got nervous later reneged for what turned out to be inexperience on the part of the seller. They had New Year's 2011/2012 already booked and prepared to transfer to me. I don't recall if it was a 1-52 or 1-17/51-52.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Congrats that you focused on a Platinum week. I have seen countless posts saying they were going to buy a Silver week for $800. does anyone really want to vacation in Silver Season.....then buy Platinum and reserve any week you want and have a better rental, trader, sale property.

I did talk with a knowledgeable Marriott sales rep and he made the comment that super cheap weeks might end when Marriott realizes they can convert to points for the trust and sell them at $10 and 40 cents maintenance.

The cheapest Cypress Harbor is 1,700 points in the new system or $17,000 to buy new trust points. This is dramatic evidence of how crazy $10 a point is. It also shows that Marriott could exercise ROFR on a platinum week for $5,000 and sell the points for $26,000 ( nice mark-up) .

I think this will start to happen when inventory runs low. Why should Marriott build five new resorts when they can buy weeks that convert to points at 80 percent off?

I think you have a good point, and I too have wondered if there will be a limit on the period to snag these great deals. Will an economic recovery start to prod prices up and/or will active ROFR become something to contend with? It makes intrinsic sense that it will be an easy avenue for Marriott to gain trust inventory when supplies diminish.

jdetar

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you want another week to own at Cypress Harbour I'll give you mine free.. sport week

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resale prices are never going to go up. Timeshares are worth little to nothing. The true expense is in the maint fees and as long as they keep going up resale prices will stay down. Maint fees will never go down. Values on existing timeshares ALWAYS fall. Buying a timeshare as an investment is almost always a joke.