• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bonus weeks

dboy1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to a Wyndham sales pitch recently and were told about the deal they have with TP. If you deposit a Hawaii deeded week you get a bonus week to use also. The other part was that TP will pay your m.f. up to $699 if you deposit a Hawaii week. I am obvioasly talking about Wyndham weeks. Just wanted to know if this is true??

nolesman98

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where did you attend the Wyndham presentation? I am interested in Wyndham and would like to go to one. Do you have a phone number or web link?

Kona Lovers

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to a Wyndham sales pitch recently and were told about the deal they have with TP. If you deposit a Hawaii deeded week you get a bonus week to use also. The other part was that TP will pay your m.f. up to $699 if you deposit a Hawaii week. I am obvioasly talking about Wyndham weeks. Just wanted to know if this is true??

Interesting. I'd like to listen to that presentation myself.

cgeidl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
TP bonus weeks

If you are in TP's Vacation Exchange Club you get a bonus week with any deposit so Wyndam's deal doesn't seem like much IMHO.We deposit Waikiki Banyan weeks we own( a non fancy condo unit-About a 6 on a ten point scale) and always get a bonus week with II also.
The paying of maintenance fees seems too good to be true to me but if true with no catches this would be worthwhile.
I am staying at Wyndam Waikiki in three weeks and may go to the TS presentation to find out.

Last edited:

jtridle

TUG Member
Reaction score

Just attended a Wyndham Bali Hai presentation today, trying to sell us on the benefits of being able to trade through TI and there was nothing said of paying maintenance fees. Just that we would get a bonus week.

jtridle

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are in TP's Vacation Exchange Club you get a bonus week with any deposit so Wyndam's deal doesn't seem like much IMHO.

Is their vacation exchange club a certain membership level that you have to enroll in, and perhaps pay extra? I can't find anything on their website that talks about the exchange club. And from what I can tell, you don't have to belongto it to get the bonus week. Is that correct?

Is this the same thing as their current special where you get a bonus week if you deposit by 2/15/11? Does it seem like they do this every year? Do you have to give them a hawaii year to get the bonus week?

cgeidl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vacation exchange club

It is awkward to find on the web site. I found it by entering Vacation exchange club in the search square.Used to be easy to find. you pay a bit to join but get an extra week if you deposit 120 days or more ahead.

Hawaiibarb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham Deal

My understanding is that, if you deposit a week with TPI (or equivalent points), you will get 2 weeks in return. If you choose the money for maintenance fees, there is a limit of $699.

slabeaume

Reaction score
premier access members (got it with our Hawaii timeshare free for 3 years now have to renew for about $91/year to get the premier access benefits).

With that benefit, you get a bonus week with your exchanged week. But the bonus week can only be booked out something like 3 months and there is still a fee involved. Good thing about the exchange with TP is they took weeks 2 weeks or more out, so VIP benefits resulted in a 2 bedroom unit exchanged for lesser points then a 1 bedroom.

The maintenance reimbursement program is also only available for premier access members. It's instead of the exchange. You give them a week (has to be 6 months out and they'll tell you which properties they'll accept) and they'll give you $699 after the time of the exchanged week passes.

There are other benefits to the premier access membership, too, like no exchange fee into certain resorts and discount nightly stays, and cruise deal where they give you . I think members can also split up their weeks.

Last edited:

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
premier access members
With that benefit, you get a bonus week with your exchanged week. But the bonus week can only be booked out something like 3 months and there is still a fee involved. QUOTE]

45 days for bonus weeks which is very awkward for us. Oneis expiring and we are stuck

cgeidl

TUG Member
Reaction score
60 days for Hawaii and they have lots of availability there.45 for
Conus.