• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I want to sell my Sheraton Mt. Vista in Avon, CO

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
There is only one Ad in the Marketplace for Sheraton Mountain Vista - it says your week floats 1-52, but that can't be correct because this resort has 3 deeded seasons. You need to look at your deed and determine the season.

Seasons at SMV:
• weeks 1-15, 48-52
• weeks 21-39
• weeks 16-20, 40-47

Last edited:

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me with effective advertising ideas on selling my timeshare?

I have it advertised on TUG. :wave:

If it's the Every Other Year SMV that you have listed (and assuming it is for Ski season) for $7k, that's way overpriced.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
If it's the Every Other Year SMV that you have listed (and assuming it is for Ski season) for $7k, that's way overpriced.

It's not ski in and ski out. SMV recently sold on EBay for $7k so I think that's where the lister is getting his price. However the seller for that EBay auction that sold doesn't have a good reputation on here. I wouldn't be surprised to hear it was a shill bid and some poor sucker is getting a second chance offer.

$7k for Westin Riverfront maybe, but not SMV.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
It's not ski in and ski out. SMV recently sold on EBay for $7k so I think that's where the lister is getting his price. However the seller for that EBay auction that sold doesn't have a good reputation on here. I wouldn't be surprised to hear it was a shill bid and some poor sucker is getting a second chance offer.

$7k for Westin Riverfront maybe, but not SMV.

A ski week at Westin Riverfront recently sold on eBay for $16k+. There is no way $7k is a fair price for that ownership. Also, a TUGger recently sold a few SMV ski units for between $7-10k each. So $7k seems like a reasonable price. Keep in mind they are great requal units due to having the 2nd lowest MFs in SVN and one of the highest number of SPs.

One additional point: every once in awhile a WKV platinum plus unit will sell on eBay for an abnormally low price, and people on this forum are quick to point out that the seller has a bad reputation and hence the "true" value of WKV is actually much higher. In this post, you make a similar claim about reputation but instead use it to prove that the "true" value of SMV is much lower. Both can't be true!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So $7k seems like a reasonable price.

I think it's too high for every other year, and since the Ad says it floats 1-52, we don't know if it's a ski week, and an EOY deed is not going to be best for requalifying.

Last edited:

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
I think it's too high for every other year, and since the Ad says it floats 1-52, we don't know if it's a ski week, and an EOY deed is not going to be best for requalifying.

Good point. I missed the EOY part. That's a rather critical detail, I admit! :doh: