• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Renting at WKORV in January 2015

Poseidon2511

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum but decided to take my family on a holiday to WKORV in Jan 2015. I booked through VRBO, and I'm looking for advice on which building I should request (I'm aware that it's only a request, but still)

We have 2 adults and 2 young kids. I booked an ocean view, but now I understand there is also ocean FRONT? Should I change my booking and pay more for ocean front? Which building is the worst building that I don't want?

I think Building 5 or 8 are the obvious choices, but what about building 2?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Patrik

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi Patrik -

Only the owner can put in a request with Starwood - so you need to go through the owner. They will be able to request a building and a high or low floor, within the view that they own.

An owner can only reserve the view that they own. If this owner owns an Ocean View unit, they cannot reserve an Ocean Front unit.

This resort has 2 phases, and they are not interchangeable - you will be assigned to the phase that your reservation is in.

WKORV - buildings 2, 3, 4

WKORV-North - buildings 5, 6, 7, 8

WKORVcolorAerial.jpg

Last edited:

Poseidon2511

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Denise.

The reservation is through Maui Vacation Rentals so it's not directly through an owner. The lady tells me that they will just assign me a room upon arrival, so could it be that they have availability at both resorts and will pick a room for me from wither WKORV or WKORV-N?

This is why I was asking for room suggestions, as the lady is telling me that they can put it some requests for me. Or is she not telling me something accurately?

Thnks
Patrik

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Reservations are not interchangeable - you will be assigned to the view and the phase of the resort on your confirmation.

The owner CAN put in a request for you, but only in the phase and view that you purchased.

She can request a building and a high or low floor - that's it.

I'd be happy to review your confirmation, if you want to send it to me. Click on my blue user name and send me a message for more info.

Rsauer3473

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I rent my units through VRBO, I send the confirmation in my name from Starwood to the renter. I change the name on the reservation to the renter's name when the rental amount is paid in full. The Starwood confirmation held by the owner will indicate "ocean view," and the renter should know this. If the reservation does not indicate the view, don't expect one.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have been PMing the OP, and he does not have a confirmation. He only has a rental agreement. I recommended that he insist on getting a confirmation as soon as possible. I suspect that he only has a floating view reservation, because you cannot reserve an Ocean View unit for 10 days.

There is also a possibility that this is a hotel type reservation, and not a timeshare owner reservation.

Last edited: