• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Price of Muskoka timeshares

Finntastic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not interested in buying but am curious what is the cost of timeshares in the Muskokas. I particularly mean July or August weeks. I have looked on the internet but can't seem to find much information. We own a cottage in Northern Ontario. It's lovely to own a cottage but work, work, work!!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It looks like they are fractionals. Fractionals often have you buy multiple weeks some in season and some off season and often have MF in the 10's of thousands or more depending on the number of weeks.

Finntastic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer. I guess you pay for the luxury of not having to work. I am lucky to get one week off in summer so it is nice with our cottage being 45 min away we can use it on week ends.

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
It looks like they are fractionals. Fractionals often have you buy multiple weeks some in season and some off season and often have MF in the 10's of thousands or more depending on the number of weeks.

I believe some units at Deerhurst Resort are fractionals, but they also have regular single week ownership as well (called Birchcliff Villas, RCI #1948). The parents of a co-worker of our DS bought 2 fixed weeks (last week of July, 1st week of Aug) in a 2 bedroom there when it first opened up many years ago & they paid a small fortune. They figured it was easier, & cheaper in the long run, than owning a cottage since they lived too far away to go up for weekends. I have no idea if there are resale weeks available. They offered the deed for the 2 weeks to our oldest DS for $25,000 last year!:eek:

There are quite a few private (non-timeshare related) fractionals in the Muskoka area as well.

~Diane

Eli Mairs

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe some units at Deerhurst Resort are fractionals, but they also have regular single week ownership as well (called Birchcliff Villas, RCI #1948). The parents of a co-worker of our DS bought 2 fixed weeks (last week of July, 1st week of Aug) in a 2 bedroom there when it first opened up many years ago & they paid a small fortune. They figured it was easier, & cheaper in the long run, than owning a cottage since they lived too far away to go up for weekends. I have no idea if there are resale weeks available. They offered the deed for the 2 weeks to our oldest DS for $25,000 last year!:eek:

There are quite a few private (non-timeshare related) fractionals in the Muskoka area as well.

~Diane

There are no fractional weeks at Deerhurst Resort. There are condos which are full ownership.
The timeshare weeks at Birchcliff Villas are right to use and most of the weeks, which were sold in the mid-eighties, expire in the next 10 to 12 years.
Some weeks were extended for a number of years, after being returned to Deerhurst and offered for resale. We have one original and three resale weeks.
Other than summer weeks, which are rarely available, you can probably find resale weeks cheap or even free.
Deerhurst is not the awesome five star resort it was when we first purchased there. All the original historic buildings have been torn down. The current owners are developers and only interested in building more condos on property, while they are trying to sell the main resort itself.
The place is a mess of construction. I don't recommend it.

Finntastic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the answers. We did the muskokas twice in the winters. It was beautiful. Both times were work related for my DH so even better when we weren't paying. The last time was Marriott Residnce Inn in Gavenhurst. Not a lot to do in January but my 10 daughter and I enjoyed swimming, the little museum next door and it's always a treat for me to go out for dinner. Also the staff was wonderful. Never been to the JW Marriott in muskokas but DH has for conferences and says it's beautiful even in January. To bad to hear Deerhurst not what it used to be.