• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best way to get from FLL to a hotel in South Beach Miami

travelplanner70

TUG Member
Reaction score
I should have checked the rental car prices before I bought a flight to Ft. Lauderdale airport when I need to go to a hotel in South Beach. (one-way rental or a week rental returning it to FLL) Right now, I see nothing under $200 for the week. Does anyone know of a shuttle that goes to South Beach from FLL? Any good one way rental deals (landing 10/22/16)? Thank you for your help. PS: I have no promo codes that give any good discounts.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.

travelplanner70

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you! Go Shuttle is much cheaper than SuperShuttle. I will be more careful next time about which airport to fly into to. Could not believe the hotel charges $44/day for parking. Add that to the car rental fee per day out of FLL and it is ridiculous.

I appreciate the time you took to research this.

Joanne

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
When I fly in after 5PM to FLL, I use GoShuttle to the TS in either Pompano or Ft Lauderdale.

15 minutes is the usual wait time to be picked up ... 15-20 minutes to the resort.

If it is before 4PM, I buy an all day bus pass on the BCT #1 bus going to Central Terminal and connect to either the 11 or 40 for Ft Lauderdale or the 11 bus to Pompano.

As I know the routes, I change before Central Terminal and avoid all of downtown Ft Lauderdale.

PS I change after the LEFT turn off Route 1 a couple of miles from the airport. Cross the street and wait in front of the fast food place (Burger King, I think) .. then take the first RT 11 to either Ft Lauderdale or Pompano ... that the Rt 40 for Ft Lauderdale only.

Basicly, the RT 11 bus goes NORTH on Ocean Drive up the the end of Pompano (and Broward County). The RT 40 goes NORTH on Ocean Drive up to Sunrise BLVD, turns LEFT onto Sunrise, goes over the intercoastal bridge to the Galleria Mall (turning around and going backwards to its turnaround at Central Terminal in downtown Ft Lauderdale ... inland from the beach area).

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
FWIW, we fly into either FLL or PBI at least once/year, sometimes twice. Rental car rates can swing pretty wildly. Because of that I check them frequently, sometimes daily until I get a good rate. Once I've locked in a decent rate I'll still continue to check once or twice a week. However, at $44/night to park a car, I'd be taking the shuttle instead.