• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Beach Timeshares [in II]

kh3020

Reaction score
I realize that this is somewhat specific, but what the heck...

Can anyone recommend some Ocean or Gulf view/front timeshares that are usually available through Interval exchange within the continental United States? Travel dates are generally between July 4th and before October 1st.
Looking for next year and beyond...

I was browsing through Interval but I don't think there's a way to limit the properties to "Beach" so I thought it would be best to ask the people who have actually been there!

Thanks.

51ssvinton

Reaction score
Try www.egretspointe.com
Edisto beach SC
Lagoon view but walking distance to beach...beautiful quiet, historic island....
My favorite on east coast

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
some Ocean or Gulf view/front timeshares [in the Continental US] that are usually available through Interval... generally between July 4th and before October 1st.

There really aren't any ocean or gulf view resorts that are easy exchanges (generally available) from July 4 through August 15. Your best shot during these dates are going to be Florida. From August 16-October 1st it gets a little better but you still would need to put an ongoing search and many of the better/best ones will still be very difficult. All of the Marriotts are going to be nice; Newport Coast Villas in CA, Marriott Ocean Watch in Myrtle Beach, Marriott Grand Ocean and Marriott Surf Watch and Barony Beach in Hilton Head. There are also a few more in Florida.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Tropic Shores Resort in Daytona Beach Shores recently started trading in II. I don't know if many who are in II are depositing though.

It's a great resort on the beach and each unit is ocean front.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
There really aren't any ocean or gulf view resorts that are easy exchanges (generally available) from July 4 through August 15...

So true. I solved this problem for myself years ago by settling for less quality in exchange for a great location and a great view and by buying a Fixed Week and Unit. I bought a 2nd floor corner unit at the Emerald Seas. It had a huge balcony and overlooked a great wide beach in Deerfield Beach. In addition it was about 100 yards walking distance from bars, restaurants, shops and a fishing pier.I paid about $2,000 for it and used it year after year.

George

donnaval

TUG Member
Reaction score
II has availability in Virginia Beach. Beach Quarters (not Marriott quality by any means!) has all oceanfront units that are quite small with tiny kitchenettes. Ocean Beach Club and Oceanaire are nice resorts but you are not guaranteed oceanview when you exchange. I was there last week and got stuck in a unit with an awful view of a parking garage roof, no balcony at all, but the resort itself is right on the beach. (The front desk clerk who checked me in commiserated with me about my unit and said "it's the darned fixed-week owners. They own all the oceanfront units and I guarantee half of them will be empty all week, they never use them or turn them in so we can rent or exchange them." Interesting. And indeed when I was returning after a nice late walk on the boardwalk, it looked like half of the units were dark. Darned fixed-week owners lol) Boardwalk Villas is nice but again, you are not guaranteed a view. There are others that are a block or so away from the ocean, so be sure to research before you would book anything.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
II has availability in Virginia Beach. Beach Quarters (not Marriott quality by any means!) has all oceanfront units that are quite small with tiny kitchenettes. Ocean Beach Club and Oceanaire are nice resorts but you are not guaranteed oceanview when you exchange. I was there last week and got stuck in a unit with an awful view of a parking garage roof, no balcony at all, but the resort itself is right on the beach. (The front desk clerk who checked me in commiserated with me about my unit and said "it's the darned fixed-week owners. They own all the oceanfront units and I guarantee half of them will be empty all week, they never use them or turn them in so we can rent or exchange them." Interesting. And indeed when I was returning after a nice late walk on the boardwalk, it looked like half of the units were dark. Darned fixed-week owners lol) Boardwalk Villas is nice but again, you are not guaranteed a view. There are others that are a block or so away from the ocean, so be sure to research before you would book anything.

Donnaval, did you exchange in with a gold key (internal preference) and what size unit did you get? I didn't think anything other than the occasional studio made it through preference in the summer. Also just curious other than the normal parking fee charged to II exchangers to Oceanaire/Ocean Beach Club (around $7 a day I think) was DRI charging any additional resort fees?

Last edited:

timesharejunkie4

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just returned on 7/16 from the Bay and Beach Club in Indian Shores (Clearwater/St Pete area). Last year I stayed there at the end of May. They have 2 buildings across the street from one another. The beach side building has unit that either beachfront or have a street view while all units in the bay building face the intercoastal waterway. Of course owners always get the beach views but we got one if them this year and it was great. Seeing the sunset every evening from our balcony was the best. Last year we were on the bay side and enjoyed the intercoastal ww views. We just walked across the street and hung at the pool or walked the beach when we wanted to see the sunset.
These units are nothing fancy but are well supplied and spacious. They are all 2 BR. I got the trade thru II in December using a 2BR Polo Towers, Las Vegas. The trade was fulfilled only a week or two after submitting the request. I actually got a call from II telling me this unit was available but that it wasn't considered to be an equitable trade. I readily took the exchange because of our previous experience.
With each stay I had contacted the resort via email because we needed a late checkin. Each time they left the keys and ann informational packet in a lockbox; We then had to stop in the office on Monday to complete the check in. They could tell us the unit we would be in a week in advance.