• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Last Visited

Art

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am having an annoying problem with the "Last Visited" function on a routine basis.

For some reason, the last visited time shows as about 20 minutes before the current log in time even though actual time of my last visit was a day or more in the past. And, no, I had not signed into the Marketplace or any other TUG functionality since the real time of my last visit.

Any suggestions on what I can do to get the last visit marker to behave? It is a pain to try to remember this on my own.

Art

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Why is that an issue? :shrug:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
note that the "last visit" feature is only a part of the forum.

logging in to the marketplace would have no relation.

this sounds like perhaps an issue with the time on your PC (daylight savings time/timezones?)

Art

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just logged in. My PC says it is 7:28 PM, 1/20/2015

"You last visited" says January 20, 2015 at 7:00PM. Or in plain English, 28 minutes ago.

I don't know if the TUG BBS uses the same software as FlyerTalk or CruiseCritic, but both of those report the correct time and date for the last visit, u, i.e., a day or two ago. That is a pretty good indication that it is a bug in the TUG software, not my computer.

FWIW, I am running Firefox Version 35. When I log in tomorrow, I will use IE 9 and see if I get the same strange behavior.

Art

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
If TUG were a Bank, Brokerage, Security trading firm then you have a serious problem.

Here we are talking about timeshares. What is the major problem here?

Just my 2 pennies:)

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Who cares? I have been using TUG for at least a dozen years and have never looked (or cared) when the website's clock says I have visited. Fwiw one of my credit cards says my previous visit it the exact one going on at that time. Really, is this important?

Jim

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I just logged in. My PC says it is 7:28 PM, 1/20/2015

"You last visited" says January 20, 2015 at 7:00PM. Or in plain English, 28 minutes ago.

I don't know if the TUG BBS uses the same software as FlyerTalk or CruiseCritic, but both of those report the correct time and date for the last visit, u, i.e., a day or two ago. That is a pretty good indication that it is a bug in the TUG software, not my computer.

FWIW, I am running Firefox Version 35. When I log in tomorrow, I will use IE 9 and see if I get the same strange behavior.

Art

certainly is bizarre for sure! wish I had a better answer for you lol

what is the timezone you have set in the bbs (user cp settings)

Art

TUG Member
Reaction score
Who cares? I have been using TUG for at least a dozen years and have never looked (or cared) when the website's clock says I have visited. Fwiw one of my credit cards says my previous visit it the exact one going on at that time. Really, is this important?

Jim

It only matters if one prefers to look only at topics with new posts since one's last visit.

On most bulletin boards the last visit flag is used to determine which topics are highlighted/bolded to show that they have new content since the user's previous visit..

This saves the aggravation of reading through posts on a topic to find the ones that haven't been read already.

Art

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
What if you click on New Posts, or Today's Posts?

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
It only matters if one prefers to look only at topics with new posts since one's last visit.

On most bulletin boards the last visit flag is used to determine which topics are highlighted/bolded to show that they have new content since the user's previous visit..

This saves the aggravation of reading through posts on a topic to find the ones that haven't been read already.

Art

That would be really annoying for the reason stated above. I sometimes go for weeks without logging in to the bboard. If I know I won't get through all unread posts of interest, I write down the Last Visited date and time so I don't have to view repeats when I come back next.

Fortunately the function is working fine for me.

Sheila

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
Hi Art. I can understand why this could be a problem and the only thing I can think of might be that you have TUG set as a home page that triggers the last visit time to your browser start up time. I don't know if there is a setting on the V bulletin software that could cause the problem, but if I see something I'll post again.

Art

TUG Member
Reaction score
Crazy.

I went away for two weeks and when I returned, the last visit flag was working.

Since it starting working on my first use back home, something subtle in the system must have changed since there was no chance for anything to change on my PC.

Art