• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can't validate any hotmail/outlook email?

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Normally I'd blame MS, but it seems certain BBS software doesn't like to send validation emails to any hotmail or outlook.com email addresses.

I've got 3 diff. accounts (for diff. purposes) and tugbbs refuses to send the emails to any of my hotmail.com or outlook.com accounts (and yes, I've checked the "junk" filter, and nothing is there).

BitDefender's system has the issue, BTW (works with non-hotmail accounts).

So I'm having to resort to validate an account with an ISP that's going away in a few months.

Any idea on how to resolve this? I really don't want to have to setup a yahoo or gmail account just for TUG when all my other things (except BitDefender) work with hotmail/outlook.com accounts.

Thanks!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
we believe that msn and outlook are actively blocking TUG email that contains links in it.

we normally suggest folks use a Gmail account, as it will at the very least deliver the mail somewhere in your inbox.

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
we believe that msn and outlook are actively blocking TUG email that contains links in it.

we normally suggest folks use a Gmail account, as it will at the very least deliver the mail somewhere in your inbox.

I have had no problems with e-mail from tug with my outlook.com account.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yea I dont get it...were somewhat baffled by this one.

ive actually been on the phone with folks with outlook and msn accounts and sent emails (to multiple addresses to confirm)...and they simply dont get them. no bounce reply, not in spam...just seems to vanish. but it only impacts our emails that contain urls/links in them....not just a standard email or reply containing only text.

and of course hotmail/msn/outlook support has been shall we say, less than helpful.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ha, finally got a note back from outlook/hotmail/msn support!

Our investigation has determined that there are no active blocks against these IP(s); however, some messages were filtered. We have confirmed that these IP(s) are eligible for conditional mitigation, but may be subject to low daily email limits until they have established a good reputation. Please note that this mitigation does not guarantee that your mail will be delivered to a user's inbox.

Mitigation may take 24 - 48 hours to replicate completely throughout our system.

so, hopefully this will end the blocking of various emails from TUG within 48 hours.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
... but may be subject to low daily email limits until they have established a good reputation
.. as determined by THEM, I guess.

Congratulations on getting this far with them. I've bent my pick more than once trying to follow up on mail rejected by these and other systems.

My favorite was email of digests of subscribed forums being rejected because they did not contain 'opt out' links. They clearly contained unsubscribe links but no amount of explanaion to their automated response systems got us cleared. Finally I just changed the boilerplate text of these messages to add 'opt out in parentheses every place the word unsubscribe was used. We haven't had any digest emails rejected since then.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks, that appears to be the case. I absolutely detest Google and their "privacy" history (or lack thereof), but Microsoft making a blanket determination about what email I get or don't get is almost as bad. (*I* should have control over what is "spam" or not).

Ironically the place I work for switched from our email system to Office 365 and MS is taking the same approach. They determine what is spam/etc and we have no say in the matter (even though we're paying $12/person/month).

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Normally I'd blame MS, but it seems certain BBS software doesn't like to send validation emails to any hotmail or outlook.com email addresses.

I've got 3 diff. accounts (for diff. purposes) and tugbbs refuses to send the emails to any of my hotmail.com or outlook.com accounts (and yes, I've checked the "junk" filter, and nothing is there).

BitDefender's system has the issue, BTW (works with non-hotmail accounts).

So I'm having to resort to validate an account with an ISP that's going away in a few months.

Any idea on how to resolve this? I really don't want to have to setup a yahoo or gmail account just for TUG when all my other things (except BitDefender) work with hotmail/outlook.com accounts.

Thanks!

Since you have different accounts for different purposes, what's the big deal about opening a gmail account that you know will get you the TUG emails?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
looks like this block is back again for both tug2.net and tugbbs.com regarding hotmail and live.com

cant even get the membership/bbs emails to my junk folder on hotmail....very annoying.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
annnnd looks like it is back yet again.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
note this is still actively impacting hotmail/outlook/msn customers...it also blocks membership emails, as well as marketplace notification messages...basically any TUG email sent with a link inside it.

we are urging all customers using these email addresses report these blocks to the support section of your various email providers.

Ernie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brian I have been getting the news letter lately and PM notices through hotmail.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the newsletter is sent from a different source...madmimi is the vendor who distributes our newsletter each week.

the emails in question are for new memberships, as well as marketplace message notifications and expiration notes.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
also our tests today are going through to hotmail at least...super annoying.