• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Quoting a Specific Post in a Different Thread

mac5u

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let's say I'd like to post a link to a different post in a different thread so that the reader, by simply clicking on the link, is taken to that particular post, not simply to the thread, or thread page where the post is located. I don't want to simply quote the post by copying and pasting html tags or whatever because it won't be found in the thread I am currently posting in.

How do I do that?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Highlight and copy the text that you want to post.

Paste it into your post.

At the beginning and the end of the quote, type the following code with no spaces:

[quote ] quote goes here [/quote ]

Clarification - don't leave the spaces that I have in my example, that's only so the code will show.

You will have to add the user's name - example: "DeniseM wrote this on July 18th:"

Last edited:

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Right click on the post number in the upper right corner of the post you want to link to, copy its URL, then post that into your message. The result will be a clickable link to that post.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I agree - but I think the OP said they want the quote in their post.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Both the above options will work to do what you want to do but you need to do BOTH the above to get the full quote plus the link back. Another option is to click "quote" at the bottom of the post you want to quote. It will take you to a new post that has the code and the quote you want. Copy all that and paste it into the other thread.

Example:
Thanks for the info. How long have you owned there?

The code for the above was
Code:
[COLOR="red"][B][ QUOTE=mac5u;1780663]Thanks for the info.  How long have you owned there?[/QUOTE ][/B][/COLOR]

This part gives you the quote:
Code:
[COLOR="red"][B][ QUOTE ][COLOR="Black"]quoted text[/COLOR][ /QUOTE ][/B][/COLOR]
and this part gives you the link back:
Code:
 [B][COLOR="Red"]=mac5u;1780663[/COLOR][/B]

Last edited:

mac5u

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you.

The info above is what I needed. I actually combined the suggestions in a test example and I am satisfied with the results I posted under the New to Timesharing? Look Here! sub-forum.

I was reading through this thread, and this post by Saintsfanfl really got me to thinking as I am considering purchasing a resale.

So as a newb to the Resale market, I certainly understand why you think and do business this way. From a Buyer's perspective working with you, the Seller, why would I be willing to have the funds released before I am assured of both ownership and usage?

And since the conundrum exists, how is it usually resolved, especially amongst Tuggers? How does one go about choosing sellers carefully?
--Michael