• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Attaching MR Numbers to II/Marriott Confirmations [2013/Ongoing]

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you have any overlap?

Back in May, I had three weeks. There was a one day overlap between two of the weeks. They put my MR# on all three. I automatically got credit for two. I had to call (Platinum Customer Service) to get credit for 6 nights of the third stay.
It really does seem to be pot luck at times.
Last year, I had a one night overlap on one of our trips and got 2 nights credit for the overlap night.
I have no idea how or why, but I was not going to complain.

jpc763

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's - Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge Villages & Imperial Palms Villas
I used an AC to book Marriott Streamside at Vail - Evergreen building. I checked online with my confirmation number and it showed the reservation. I called the gold line and they were able to add my MR number.

What I found is that these units "do not participate in the MR program" and therefore I do not earn MR points or Elite Night Credit.

That is a bummer. Anybody know why a few resorts don't participate?

rpk113

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used an AC to book Marriott Streamside at Vail - Evergreen building. I checked online with my confirmation number and it showed the reservation. I called the gold line and they were able to add my MR number.

What I found is that these units "do not participate in the MR program" and therefore I do not earn MR points or Elite Night Credit.

That is a bummer. Anybody know why a few resorts don't participate?

You get stay credit usually, and points for any incidentals. But you dont get points for the "room rate"

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
You get stay credit usually, and points for any incidentals. But you dont get points for the "room rate"

No, there are a few MVC resorts which don't participate in the Marriott Rewards program so no Elite Night or MRP credits are given. From the t&c's at Barry's link above:
11. ... p. Members may earn Points or Miles and may redeem Points at participating Marriott hotel brands and Ritz-Carlton hotels:
Marriott Vacation® Club International - all locations except:
  • Marriott's StreamSide Evergreen, Vail, CO
  • Marriott's StreamSide Douglas, Vail, CO
  • Marriott's StreamSide Birch, Vail, CO
  • 47 Park Street - Marriott Grand Residence Club, UK
  • Marriott's Bangkok Empire Place, Bangkok, Thailand

What's interesting is that Barry's marriott.com "English - UK and Ireland" page lists these but the "English - US and Canada" page that used to read the same was revised on 4/29/15 to read:
11. The following locations do not provide Elite Membership benefits under the Elite Program: Renaissance Naruto Hotel and Renaissance Okinawa Resort.

12. Participating locations outside the U.S. may provide alternative services and benefits to the Elite Membership benefits set forth in these Program Rules, depending on local law and policy.

Another interesting thing is that the page in effect on 7/12/13 also listed "The Buckingham, Macau, China" as non-participating but it's no longer on either page.

jpc, I believe that the Vail exceptions have something to do with the fact that at one time there were two other buildings at Vail that also came under the MVC umbrella but their owners voted Marriott out as the Management Company. Whatever the agreement that was reached at the time with the remaining three buildings, that was when they stopped participating in the Marriott Rewards program.

Last edited:

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 2 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd)
Deleted Post

Last edited:

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just called the Platinum line (as I usually do) to add my MR# to an II exchange. Met a little resistance, but got it added just fine.

Me: I'd like to add my MR# to a reservation
Agent: You're better off doing that when you arrive. (I don't feel like doing it.)
Me: I'd rather do it in advance so I can see it in my account and so I don't forget.
Agent: What's the reservation number?
Me: (Gives him the reservation number.)
Agent: I'm not sure I can do that. (I don't know how.)
Me: Why's that?
Agent: It's not a hotel reservation. It's your Marriott Vacation Club.
Me: I've never had any problems adding my MR# before.
Agent: Did it not let you add it when you made the reservation? (Why am I haven't to do this.)
Me: It doesn't give you the option. You have to call and add it after you have the reservation.
Agent: Oh, okay.
(Reservation appears on my account.)

Thought I might have to call back and try again for a bit...

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Yes, it is totally random.
We have 5 Interval exchanges this year.
For 4 of these they added our MR number straight away with no problem at all.
For the 5th I will just have to try a different email contact or phone the Platinum help line.

Sending an email to internet.customer.care@marriott.com always used to work for us.
Now they seem to have started replying with
"The Customer Care team at Marriott Vacations Worldwide will be happy to address your needs and concerns. I forwarded your message to Marriott Vacations Worldwide. You should be hearing from them shortly or you may also contact them directly by using one of the following:......"
then MVWCCRequests@vacationclub.com reply
"Thank you for contacting Marriott Vacations Worldwide Customer Care Department. Your Marriott Rewards number cannot be added to the requested reservation until check-in because your reservation is an Interval International exchange reservation. Please provide your Marriott Rewards number upon check-in to the resort...."

This is total madness!

This exact situation with the exact same text occurred to me today when trying to add my MR account to my 4 II exchanges at MVC resorts. Result was a denial to add my MR account via Marriott support as well as MVC customer care. Disappointing. All I want to do is add my MR number so it is linked to my account and I can see my Upcoming Reservations. Not sure I understand why they will not add, forcing me to add at check-in? I see very little difference.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
This exact situation with the exact same text occurred to me today when trying to add my MR account to my 4 II exchanges at MVC resorts. Result was a denial to add my MR account via Marriott support as well as MVC customer care. Disappointing. All I want to do is add my MR number so it is linked to my account and I can see my Upcoming Reservations. Not sure I understand why they will not add, forcing me to add at check-in? I see very little difference.

Some reps don't think it can be added because it actually cannot be added to all reservations. The reason is because once a rewards number has been added it cannot be changed or replaced. The reservation has to be cancelled and then rebooked with the new number added. Only MVCI can cancel and rebook.

In any case, if no MR number is on the reservation an MR rep can certainly add it. I always call the Marriott reservations line (Not MVCI) and every once in a while the rep will say they don't think they can but I get them to try and it works. I have added my number to about 70 reservations with almost no difficulty.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I didn't have an issue with a couple reservations a couple months ago by calling the main Marriott Reservation line. I have been unsuccessful with the email lately. I also have a couple other reservations that I haven't bothered to call about yet.

curbysplace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau, Marriott Streamside-Birch, Marriott Custom House
Here's how it worked successfully again for me:
1-starting late last Sunday night 3/9/16, I called Marriott Rewards number on back of CC; the rep saw my Marriott Reservation number but said she couldn't add the res to my list of upcoming reservations; told me to call MVCI when they are open Monday am
2-called MVCI Monday am & the rep said she could not add the reservation to my Upcoming Reservations and that I had to call Marriott Rewards
3-immediately called Marriott Rewards; the rep saw my reservation number and at first said he couldn't do it; I said that MR has done it in the past
4-the rep put me on hold & a minute later came back saying he added the reservation to my list
5-within seconds my II reservation showed up on my list, I received the Marriott confirmation email & of course it now shows my MR number

Last edited:

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves
Resort In Cocoa Beach, FL
Has something changed recently? I sent an email to two different email addresses requesting to have my II reservation added to my Marriott Rewards account. Both replies were that I would have to wait until checkin to have the reservation number added. When I'm on the Marriott website, I can put in the reservation number to see the unit, but it's not included in the upcoming reservations. Am I missing something? The last time I requested this was back in November for our stay at the Marriott Newport Coast Beach Resort. Our next vacation is at the Aruba Surf Club in May.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Has something changed recently? I sent an email to two different email addresses requesting to have my II reservation added to my Marriott Rewards account. Both replies were that I would have to wait until checkin to have the reservation number added. When I'm on the Marriott website, I can put in the reservation number to see the unit, but it's not included in the upcoming reservations. Am I missing something? The last time I requested this was back in November for our stay at the Marriott Newport Coast Beach Resort. Our next vacation is at the Aruba Surf Club in May.

I found the email address stopped working a while back. I now call the Gold reservation line and it usually gets it done. Though for two new reservations I currently have, I won't bother until I checkin. Adding the number ahead of time only does one thing for us, that is makes it show up online. That isn't worth the trouble now.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves
Resort In Cocoa Beach, FL
Thanks for the update. I'll just wait until check in.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
so if it does not make any different to add MR # now or when I check in, I don't bother to call now, it seems doesn't worth the hassle.

Will I get the same Gold treatment if I call to add now? or I will get the same room or chance to upgrade, or welcome bonus when I only add MR# check in?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
so if it does not make any different to add MR # now or when I check in, I don't bother to call now, it seems doesn't worth the hassle.

Will I get the same Gold treatment if I call to add now? or I will get the same room or chance to upgrade, or welcome bonus when I only add MR# check in?

I suspect that if it gets added and the resort sees your Elite status + Marriott ownership, they may assign you a better room. It is a long story - too long to type but I have personal experience that points me in that direction - (You can get that story in my review for Marriott Ko Olina for my Dec 2015 stay).

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

There is no welcome bonus for Gold like there is for Platinum. There are also no upgrades at MVCI properties. Elite status might help you get a better villa placement. But I think that has more to do with ownership status and if you are exchanging back in to your home resort than MR elite status.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a MVCI Executive Member and a Marriott Rewards Platinum member.
I am staying at the Fairway Villas in Galloway, NJ right now.

I did get the building I requested, I got the floor I requested, but I didn't get the room, way in the back, as I requested. I figured, in the height of the very short season here-- that was pretty good.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Thanks for the tips on this. I just called and they added my number to a trade I recently made. Didn't take long in this instance. I do like to have our reservations reflected online, so this helped.

Mike

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
Thanks for everyone's help. I just called and added the II/Marriott reservation # to my Marriott Rewards account. It took only 1 minute to add and reservation is on my Marriott account.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've definitely seen an increasing problem in getting my reservation added to MR account, and have had problems getting my points and nights credit even when my MR # shows on my MVC receipt. Since I am lifetime platinum I haven't really pushed the issue. Here are recent examples:

Stayed at MCV in March on II exchange. I contacted Marriott in advance to add number to reservation, but it never showed up on my MR account reservation. At check, I confirmed again that MR number was on reservation. When I checked out, the MR number was on receipt and I had about $100 in resort charges that should qualify for MR points. I never received MR points, platinum bonus points or nights credit to my MR accounts. I sent follow up email to GM at MCV and never received response. I am becoming less impressed with management at this resort, but that is another issue.

I recently made two DC point reservations for MVC resorts next year. My MR # is on my account profile and shows up in my MVC confirmations. However, neither reservation shows up in my MR account for upcoming reservations, and I was unable to add it via Marriott website. Previously, I only had problems with II exchanges, but all DC point and owned week reservations always showed up on MR website. There is definitely a problem in the coordination between the two. I'm not sure whether it is an IT issue, or that Marriott is just distancing itself from MVC.:confused:

normab

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought I would update this thread with my experience this evening. I too have found that perseverance is what works. I had two exchanges from interval for this fall, that were confirmed a while ago. I decided to try my luck tonight by calling the platinum line, and it took 3 calls to get it updated.

The first person was adamant about the fact that they could not do it and I had to call Marriott vacation club. No negotiation. The second person told me they were going to ask if they could do it, they were worried they would screw up the reservation, and I said "well can you just try it?" They told me they were going to but then they just hung up on me. Really? This is how we treat our platinum members.

The third time was a charm. She told me she wasn't sure if it would take it or if she would get an error message but she said she would try and she was able to update both of them.

I will never understand why it's such a problem. I can't believe that Marriott has such a restrictive system that it can't be changed once it's been added, and since we have benefits based on our levels at check-in, why would they not allow us to update them ahead of time.

So the game continues. Tenacity is key. :banana:

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got elite night stay credits at MVCI Bangkok Empire Place? I canceled my Marriott hotel stays to book an II getaway at this place. Then I was told by Empire Place that they do not participate in Marriott Reward Program. I’m pretty bummed :(