• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Oceana Palms - Trust Points only at 13 months?

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Tried to make a reservation for next Dec. It was all going well. The rep found the dates. Cancelled another reservation to get the points back. Rep asked me to hold while she booked OP2. Came back to say she was having trouble and needed to get someone to help. Back on hold. She came back to apologize that she wouldn't be able to book the dates because it was Trust Points only at OP2 at the 13 month mark and I could try again at 12 month mark. I'm at Chairman level.

Is this true?

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
It can certainly happen. There are trust points openings that haven't been transferred to the exchange system yet. I wouldn't wait for the 12 month mark though. I'd try every day using 1 day flexible. If you pick up a day here and there keep doing it. For a seven day stretch at MFC in 2016 I have 3 reservations. The last two years I've been able to complete my entire reservation period this way prior to the 12 month mark.

On that 12 month mark don't wait till 0900 EST to call. Start looking online about an hour or so before the phone lines open up. I've snagged a few days that way.

Good luck.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Given that the deadline to convert 2016 weeks to points was back in Sept/Oct. There won't be any more legacy week deposits in to the exchange company. It does make some sense that the trust holds some inventory back for trust point owners. If no trust owner reserves that inventory, it will get deposited in to the MVC Exchange Company. It may or may not happen at 12 months. Best to follow Jim's advice and check at the 10 month mark. Though I would suggest looking at 12:00am eastern time, as it does seem that online inventory opens up at midnight where the call center doesn't open until 9:00am.

SunandFun83

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Canyon Villas, Grande Vista, Ocean Pointe
Hyatt: Coconut Plantation, Hyatt Pinion Point
What matters is point owners vs Weeks owners

Oceana Palms had a second tower built after the point system. All the unsold weeks in tower 1 and all the weeks in tower 2 are in the trust. These reservations are available to points reservations, either now or later.

The "Trust Points Only" situation Quilter encountered is, I believe, only temporary. I reserved Christmas 2015 and Easter 2016 at The Palms using points rented on vacationpointexchange.com. I reviewed Transaction History and both reservations were a combination of trust and elected. They did not require Trust Points Only.

Could it be you need a few trust points to unlock the "Trust Inventory"? What if I transfer some trust points to Quilter and test that theory?

:cool: