• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Barony Beach Club - onsite spa

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got a note that the European Spa is closed and the area is being renovated. Didn't say exactly who the Spa company is that will replace European Spa but it listed another off-site Spa company offering discounts while the Barony spa area is under renovation. Also said the locker rooms are still open and wont be closing.

My wife used the European Spa and thought it was ok.. I never was a huge fan of it.

Weimaraner

TUG Member
Reaction score
My daughter loved the GurlSpa for the younger spa divas. I hope they still include it in the renovations.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I treat myself to a pedicure during every vacation and am sad to hear this, although the last few times I was there it didn't seem as though the spa was getting much business. The little-girl birthday party and other services seemed to be an effort to bring in more but I don't know how that part of the business fared.

They had some very nice (albeit expensive, even compared to other spas) products including a salt scrub that I replenished every visit, and a few of the technicians were very, very nice. I hope things work out for them, and also hope that MVW is able to bring in another spa company.

{ETA} Here's the email:

Everyone here at Marriott's Barony Beach Club is excited to announce the arrival of a new spa to our beautiful property coming in the Spring of 2015!

The new spa will occupy the same space that The European Spa has used to service our owners and guests in years past. We graciously thank The European Spa for the many years of memories they created for all who have had the pleasure to enjoy.

The European Spa closed on December 5th, 2014 and over the next few months we will be renovating the space with a new refreshing look that flows with our "Playful Beachside Retreat with Traditional Southern Charm". In the meantime, Faces Day Spa, which is located on Hilton Head Island, will be offering a 15% discount to our owners and guests. Information regarding Faces Day Spa can be found on their website at www.facesdayspa.com or by calling 843-785-3075.

In the meantime, the locker rooms in this area will remain available to those that own and stay with us as well. Should you have any questions please be sure to contact the Barony Front Desk at 843-342-1608. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you!

Last edited:

TRAVELING FOOL

TUG Member
Reaction score
An update that a new spa has opened: namaste spa

We'll be on the island in a few weeks, will try to check it out and let you know what I find. :)

Interested to hear what you think since we will be there in January and again in February! Always like to treat myself as well!