• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Williamsburgh questions

JT

TUG Member
Reaction score
With an AC we can trade into fords colony in early April. Is the weather decent enough to go then? We do have 2 sons that love swimming in the pool. Would there be free golf with the AC? There are other options to stay at other timeshares. Are there any others worth looking at and possibly staying?

Thanx for your time. Jt

vacationlover2

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is an indoor pool there, so that would be great for that time of year. The outdoor pool would likely be too cold. It is a nice time in Williamsburg, though. Busch Gardens, Jamesburg and Yorktown will all be perfect. The only thing you will miss is Water Country USA.

JT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok

Is Richmond best airport to fly into. We would coming in from so cal. Also is the golf free on an Ac? Or must it be a Marriott trade?

Last edited:

Fairwinds

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Fairwinds

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is Richmond best airport to fly into. We would coming in from so cal.

Richmond is fine (45 min). There is a small airport in Newport News that is closer but I would choose between the two based on price and flight duration/legs. Norfolk is also about a 45 min drive.

Last edited:

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
if you want to combine with a few days in DC, IAD or DCA are a 3.5 hour drive to Wllmbg.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Suggestion only look at Williamsburg Busch Garden Card for 2015 on line. You maybe able to save some dollars.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
OP, you don't mention the kids ages. They'll get the most from W'msburg after about grade 4 (+-10 y.o.) and they can appreciate some of the historical stuff and amusement park attractions.

We've flown in/out of Baltimore/Washington- it's a longer drive than I'd prefer, Southwest has pretty good service into the area, but not a large number of flights into the smaller, closer airports.

Jim

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
I would also price flying into Norfolk. (ORF) SWA serves that location through BWI and a few other routes lowering prices a bit. Richmond is often listed as one of the top 5 most expensive airports in the US.

In fact, we have flown BWI-ORF to visit friends in the area. 45 mins!

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
We've flown in/out of Baltimore/Washington- it's a longer drive than I'd prefer, Southwest has pretty good service into the area, but not a large number of flights into the smaller, closer airports.
There are plenty of flights into Richmond and Norfolk. We usually use Richmond. It is a very convenient airport with the rental cars a very short walk from baggage claim. We always use frequent flyer miles so I can't speak to the cost of the flights to Richmond in dollar terms.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ask front desk for a deep golf discount you may be surprise.

JT

TUG Member
Reaction score
The kids are 11 and 8.

Thank you for the replies.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of flights into Richmond and Norfolk. We usually use Richmond. It is a very convenient airport with the rental cars a very short walk from baggage claim. We always use frequent flyer miles so I can't speak to the cost of the flights to Richmond in dollar terms.

This may be true from Minnesota, but the OP is from California, and there just are not many direct flights into the smaller, closer, airports. Sometimes- especially with kids- a non-stop flight into a big airport, then a longer drive is preferable to multi-stop airport and plane changes. It all depends on the connections the OP can get.

I don't have a dog in the fight. Just pointing out the obvious. That's all.