• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The "Point Protection Program" Pop-Up

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I called HGVC today about another issue...
The RCI "nights" reservation fee is charged to CC's as a "GPN Transaction," which seems to confuse Citi-Bank. They display it with a blurb for "Groupon" -- a coupon service.

But I also complained to a corporate-CSR about the incessant pop-up for the Point Protection Program and received this response: "Your fellow club members requested this reminder so they would not forget to enroll their points."

I suggested that their IT-geeks could at least figure out a way to stop it for accounts that have no-points to protect, like mine. She said that she'd pass it along. -- I wouldn't hold my breath.

Last edited:

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
I didn't request it and I doubt anyone else did either. It pops up upon each login. The annoyance will only grow as it appears to be a permanent fixture for the next 5 months.

We all know they can disable it for people who already dismissed it. They choose not to.

JM48

TUG Member
Reaction score
Talent 312

Most browsers have "pop up" blocking. I use Firefox which tells you when they block something which allows you to see it if you want.

I belong to a Machinist forum which I had to block just to get to read anything without being annoyed.

JM

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
It's not a traditional pop-up. A blocker won't stop it.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Firefox does stop it.
I have logged in & it tells me that something was blocked.

I use Firefox 5.0, the pop-up blocker is checked with no exceptions,
and yet it doesn't stop it on mine.

Fortunately, I'm finished with it for the next two months.

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I use Firefox 5.0, the pop-up blocker is checked with no exceptions,
and yet it doesn't stop it on mine.

Fortunately, I'm finished with it for the next two months.

Ditto. The iPad also has no way to prevent it.

bkallen5

Reaction score
Hilton Pop-Up

I'm amazed at the amount of blurb banded around about the innocuous Reminder Pop-up!! Life's too short it takes less than second to close it!......:crash:

Now if you want to complain about management fees......

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm amazed at the amount of blurb banded around about the innocuous Reminder Pop-up!! Life's too short it takes less than second to close it!......:crash:

Now if you want to complain about management fees......

If you're on it twice a day every day looking for a specific date to open up, it's minutes of your life robbed from you by HGVC on something they could simply show once or place as a static note on the home page itself. Annoying members for 5 months with a popup to make $15 is ridiculous.