• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Park City & Barbados Expansion

dja1980

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Tuscany Village
I am a new owner, and I got my first call from a HGVC staff person yesterday asking how our experience has been so far with the program. He stated that he just wanted to bring me up to speed on a few developments in the works within HGVC.

Specifically, he mention expanding into Park City, Utah and 2 locations in the Caribbean... one being Barbados, but he didn't know the other. I tried to press him for more information, but he said that he didn't have all the details at this time.

Is there any additional information out there regarding these locations, or should I just chalk this up as rumor at this point?

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch

dja1980

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Tuscany Village
Interesting! I wonder if they are looking to make that location part of HGVC permanently.

Do owners get notified of special points usage like that, or do you have to stumble upon it on your own?

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
The points usage is high, so I can't imagine it being an HGVC property. A two-bedroom week would be worth 50,000 points (7,830 per night during ski season).

I stumbled upon it when I was looking at buying a ski timeshare last year. When I went to find it again it took some digging, so I don't think they did much to advertise it. It likely flopped since an owner of a two-bedroom would give up a week for a single night at this resort.

I'd love to see another ski option outside of Valdoro (and Whistler), but I don't know if this is it.

dja1980

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Tuscany Village
Oh wow... when I saw those numbers, I thought they were for a week! :eek:

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yep, it's not exactly a "deal". It looks like a hotel reservation during December ski season goes for $650 per night on the low end. With tax and resort charges it's $5,316 for a week.

The two bedrooms are about $900 per night with the resort charge. The hotel shows 3 and 4 bedrooms and bi-levels too. A 4 bed bi-level goes for $2500 per night.

Makes me feel better about the price I paid at Valdoro.

toontoy

Reaction score
The waldorf is a nice hotel but its location isnt that great. Its not in park city so to speak its really at the Canyons resort close the the olympic park and you have to drive to get to the main city area. It is also a smaller hotel/condo resort and nicely done but when they started constructions signs around said it had about 175 rooms. More info can be found when you google the original name dakota mountain lodge.

Its a true 5 star luxury resort and not really a club resort so to speak. I ejoyed a local 129 off season night there but during peak season its hard for me to think about the 600 range.

I think Park city would make a great addition to the club though, its only 30 min from SLC and its close to me but I may be biast on that one. Valdoro is a bit larger than the Waldorf in Park City which I thought was strange,

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I haven't done the math, but rather than spend ~50K club-points for a 7N stay, this could be one location for which conversion to HH-points could be a better deal.