• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Check in time?

Mimoshka

Reaction score
Do the HGVC resorts strictly enforce the 4 pm check in time? We'll be visiting HGVC Sea World next month, but will be arriving somewhere between 1-2. Didn't know if they would allow us into our room before 4, or if they'd just hold our luggage and tell us to chill by the pool until 4. We arrive on a Monday, which I am guessing will be less busy of a check-in day than the weekend, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
Some do, some don't. We got in at 2:30 and checked in without a problem last week. During busier times I've had someone make me wait until exactly 4:00. Not even kidding. I asked at 3:55 and they said "Just a few more minutes."

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
If you are set for a unit that was just vacated that morning, you may well be told to cool your heels while its cleaned. OTOH, you might be offered an alternative unit that was vacated a day or two before.

If you must wait, it would be a good time to do your grocery shopping.

Last edited:

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I've never had to wait until 4:00, but it depends on how full they are that day.

janckenn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Grand Waikikian x1
HGVC West 57th Street x2,
HGVC Flamingo x2,
HC The District x1
HGVC member since 2007
Contact front desk at HGVC Seaworld a few days before your arrival and let them know that you would like to check in early. They usually will try to accommodate you if you ask nicely.

jestme

Reaction score
It's never been a problem if the room is available. However, last year, we had a room that was vacated by an Elite member who checked out later (3:00 PM) and we had to wait a bit.

rebel

TUG Member
Reaction score
We normally get to the resort just after noon and don't have a problem. One time we took a redeye flight to Orlando and got to Int. Drive about 6:00am and got into our rooms. But we just went to the Lagoon Tower at HHV and could not get in until about 2:30. Depends if they were fully booked the night before for the type of room you reserved.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
My experience over hundreds of check-ins is that IF the room is available, you can check in. If not, they can hold you until THEIR check-in time. However, even in the most humble of 2 star lodgings, there's a place to stash your bags so you can go shopping, sightseeing, to the bar, lunch, pool, beach or wherever without dragging your suitcases along.

Pretty much a case-by-case situation. Believe me, if your room is ready, the front desk people don't want you hanging around the lobby watching the clock. They might offer you a different room that's made-up rather than the one promised you (and this may be lucky or not).

Jim Ricks

travelguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
We always go to the front desk regardless of what time we get there. We explain that we know we are early but are checking to see if any rooms are available. The HGVC front desk personnel have ALWAYS found a way to get us rooms at that time. Other timeshare systems ... not so much.

It pays to be respectful and pleasant to the staff as they have the power to add tremendous benefit to your stay!

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
My experience over hundreds of check-ins is that IF the room is available, you can check in. If not, they can hold you until THEIR check-in time. However, even in the most humble of 2 star lodgings, there's a place to stash your bags so you can go shopping, sightseeing, to the bar, lunch, pool, beach or wherever without dragging your suitcases along.

Pretty much a case-by-case situation. Believe me, if your room is ready, the front desk people don't want you hanging around the lobby watching the clock. They might offer you a different room that's made-up rather than the one promised you (and this may be lucky or not).

Jim Ricks

This has been our experience as well. We stayed at the Bay Club (check in is at Kingsland I believe) and were told our unit wasn't ready. But they took all of our luggage, including the bag of groceries. And when we did finally check in, our luggage was in the unit, and the groceries had been put into the refrigerator. :D