• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ok, now what? OSU's QB Braxton Miller out for season

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
probably still go undefeated with that cakewalk schedule

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
L

laurac260

I think I'm safe to post my feelings here… The pitchforks came out on an OSU board (some rabid fans, we are)…

Braxton is an amazing athlete. He has made some amazing plays. He has some amazing stats.. blah blah blah.

And yet, I was so tired of watching him immediately scramble out of the pocket if he didn't have a receiver in the first 3 seconds. I was so tired of him not playing with his head, but instead trying to be a hero. Yea, it was amazing when it worked, but it sucked when it didn't. It sucked when his play making abilities had him running back and forth for a loss of downs. It sucked when it resulted in him trying to find a shoestring size hole to fit in, while the defenders saw one thing, the ball, loosely being held in his throwing hand… It sucked when he defeated himself and imploded, when he self sabotaged his own efforts. He's not cool under pressure.

Time to cultivate some new blood, IMHO.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I think I'm safe to post my feelings here… The pitchforks came out on an OSU board (some rabid fans, we are)…

Braxton is an amazing athlete. He has made some amazing plays. He has some amazing stats.. blah blah blah.

And yet, I was so tired of watching him immediately scramble out of the pocket if he didn't have a receiver in the first 3 seconds. I was so tired of him not playing with his head, but instead trying to be a hero. Yea, it was amazing when it worked, but it sucked when it didn't. It sucked when his play making abilities had him running back and forth for a loss of downs. It sucked when it resulted in him trying to find a shoestring size hole to fit in, while the defenders saw one thing, the ball, loosely being held in his throwing hand… It sucked when he defeated himself and imploded, when he self sabotaged his own efforts. He's not cool under pressure.

Time to cultivate some new blood, IMHO.
I did not enjoy watching him play either.

The thing about college football is that the next stars are already on the roster, their schedule will be kicked up a year but I think the Buckeyes will do just fine.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
especially when they get to the bowl game......lol

:clap::whoopie::clap:

BTW, I think your Bulldogs will beat us between the hedges in a few weeks.

Unlike OSU, Clemson schedules TWO top SEC teams each year for their out of conference games.

Last edited:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
:clap::whoopie::clap:

BTW, I think your Bulldogs will beat us between the hedges in a few weeks.
Unlike OSU, Clemson schedules TWO top SEC teams each year for their out of conference games.

Yep, and I respect the Tigers for that....they don't back away from anybody, but the SEC games definitely make them, or anybody, hurt.....Facing any SEC team is tough (make that physically brutal), and it requires a couple of weeks to recover, but that's what makes college football so great.

Sometimes I wonder how the SEC schools even survive the season, playing each other week after week..... but it's what has made them the greatest conference, I think. They have to be ready in every conceivable way, and they know it....no excuses.

So glad to see OUR rivalry resume, but the Dawgs are like the Falcons.....real heartbreakers, so I'm not overly optimistic. I've been so disgusted that after 35 years of club-level season tickets, I've given them up. It was like inserting a dagger into my own heart, but it was time.

(definitely harder than a knife into a MIL's eyes, btw....lol)

It helped that my daughter graduated and began dental school, tho----I knew we wouldn't be going to all the games anymore anyway. Plus, it freed up our weekends and we're having a blast now traveling and watching games on TV from all sorts of great Fall destinations. But for a long, long, long time, we were there between the hedges every home game. Great memories. Time to move on.

Not so sure I'll want to watch the opener----UGA-Clemson game-----(even tho I will)......I'm not "feeling it" yet. Could be a long evening. Even though most of our guys are out of jail now :ignore:, many are young and inexperienced. I'll bet Clemson goes for a bomb on the first play from scrimmage, just to say "We're here". We'll see. Good luck...(WE'LL sure need it.)

BTW, what do you get when you mix red and orange?

(Ans: agony and ecstasy)

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep, and I respect the Tigers for that....they don't back away from anybody, but the SEC games definitely make them, or anybody, hurt.....Facing any SEC team is tough (make that physically brutal), and it requires a couple of weeks to recover, but that's what makes college football so great.

Sometimes I wonder how the SEC schools even survive the season, playing each other week after week..... but it's what has made them the greatest conference, I think. They have to be ready in every conceivable way, and they know it....no excuses.

So glad to see OUR rivalry resume, but the Dawgs are like the Falcons.....real heartbreakers, so I'm not overly optimistic. I've been so disgusted that after 35 years of club-level season tickets, I've given them up. It was like inserting a dagger into my own heart, but it was time.

(definitely harder than a knife into a MIL's eyes, btw....lol)

It helped that my daughter graduated and began dental school, tho----I knew we wouldn't be going to all the games anymore anyway. Plus, it freed up our weekends and we're having a blast now traveling and watching games on TV from all sorts of great Fall destinations. But for a long, long, long time, we were there between the hedges every home game. Great memories. Time to move on.

Not so sure I'll want to watch the opener----UGA-Clemson game-----(even tho I will)......I'm not "feeling it" yet. Could be a long evening. Even though most of our guys are out of jail now :ignore:, many are young and inexperienced. I'll bet Clemson goes for a bomb on the first play from scrimmage, just to say "We're here". We'll see. Good luck...(WE'LL sure need it.)

BTW, what do you get when you mix red and orange?

(Ans: agony and ecstasy)

My niece whom we're very close with (we just took her to Wimbledon, London and Paris this summer) is now a freshman at UGA.

Anyway, I don't get all that emotional about college football anymore. I still follow them and root for them, but I'm now really into following the Seahawks in the NFL. We lived in Seattle for 7 years and I was a season ticket holder for 4 years there from 1999-2003. My wife and I are actually going there for a weekend to see them play Denver in about a month.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
college ball is always cyclical....it wasnt all that long ago that clemson was a bottom feeder in the ACC for football purposes...and that playing miami and florida each year ensured FSU had a solid out of conference schedule year after year.

my how things have changed!

Very curious to see how the debates go at seasons end on who the final 4 should be as all the talk now is how the selection committee doesn't have to use the polls to decide which 4 should play for the title.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wait, the OSU Beavers had a player named Braxton Miller?

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
The money whores (Slive, Delany, etc) and ESPN are well on their way to ruining college football. If it continues on it's current path, football should completely disassociate from universities and go a farm system, like baseball.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
The money whores (Slive, Delany, etc) and ESPN are well on their way to ruining college football.

True, I'm concerned about this also. I think college football and basketball could be in for some changes. I guess if you're a fan of the big conferences it won't matter a whole lot. But, the mid-conference schools are going to get squeezed.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
True, I'm concerned about this also. I think college football and basketball could be in for some changes. I guess if you're a fan of the big conferences it won't matter a whole lot. But, the mid-conference schools are going to get squeezed.

It will suck for all fans who don't just want to watch a bunch of paid thugs play "college" football.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brian, did OS loses to Va Tech Hokies ?

1950bing

Reaction score
I live in Blacksburg, Go Hokies !
Bud Foster really prepares.
College football is great !

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, at least the Beavers from the "real" OSU are still undefeated!

Go Ducks!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Brian, did OS loses to Va Tech Hokies ?

mmmhmmm...at home...in front of an OSU record crowd of over 107,000+ folks.

I hear the tears flooded the stadium...

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
At this rate, the B1G will MIA for the first ever FBS Playoffs.

Cheers

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Going to be a down year for college football. First one for me.

Watered down conferences.

Too many conference stations.

Too many 1A teams.

Game Day is too long.

Hopefully it gets better.