• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maybe the Most Inspirational Thing I've Ever Watched

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

PStreet1

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The couple that adopted her is pretty special, too: they were certainly older, they had grown sons, and they raised her without limits. That's pretty special.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
The couple that adopted her is pretty special, too: they were certainly older, they had grown sons, and they raised her without limits. That's pretty special.

They were definitely great. I have a close friend who was adopted as a "Korean War baby" at the end of the Korean War. She and her three adoptive (completely unrelated) siblings were all brought from Seoul as infants, adopted by a middle-aged couple who had already raised four biological children. Suffering from a severe empty nest syndrome, the couple worked through their church to adopt these unwanted children who were living in an overcrowded orphanage.

They gave these unwanted children a life, and a future. All are well adjusted, happy and productive adults. They act and talk as "down-home" here as anyone born here, and if they weren't each half Korean (and half another race) nobody would ever think twice about where they came from.

Adoptive parents are awesome!

Dave

Last edited:

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Absolutely. The word they never say is not part of my vocabulary either, and I've tried my best to instill that in my kids, students, people I help with computers, etc.

My question is, is the biological mother still living? I'd think she would be given the girls' ages.....

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could be the most amazing true story I've ever heard... right here.

Thanks!

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
That was such a good story and so amazing about how the sisters found each other. Thanks for sharing.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just clicked on it in my opening post, and it opened and played.

Try it again. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByFUzo9KwryWWkRwUEw4bmZNaVk/view?pli=1&sle=true

I tried it again and got this message.

Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Truly amazing. Made me cry..what a story!

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking at the pictures of her and the one biological sister - they could have been twins (age difference noted). She is living her life as barrier free due to her (adoptive) parents attitude and encouragement ... she truly LUCKED OUT by having been left (abandoned) at the hospital by her birth parents.

taffy19

Reaction score
I saw the movie and what a great story. Her adoptive parents are the best and all parents could learn from them.

Last edited:

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw this story a while back. What amazed me the most was that the olympic gold sister wished she had the life her sister had instead of the very oppressed and gymnastics only life. Parents can make all the difference in the world.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw the movie and what a great story. Her adoptive parents are the best and real parents could learn from them.

I'm sure you didn't mean anything offensive, but ......"adoptive" parents ARE real parents.

And I agree that her parents are the best and ALL parents could learn from them. :hi:

taffy19

Reaction score
OK, I will correct it to "biological" parents or is that offensive too? I asked my husband and I didn't mean anything offensive with it. :eek: I have great admiration for people who adopt children rather than what her parents did. This is a heartwarming story and her parents are the best.

PS. I changed it to all parents instead.

Last edited:

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK, I will correct it to "biological" parents or is that offensive too? I asked my husband and I didn't mean anything offensive with it. :eek: I have great admiration for people who adopt children rather than what her parents did. This is a heartwarming story and her parents are the best.

PS. I changed it to all parents instead.

"Adoptive parent" or "adopted child" aren't really offensive; they just make an unneeded (IMO) distinction between and label the children and parents, when really they are simply children and parents :)

"Biological" and "birth" are awkward and yeah, I guess "real" is offensive, implying that those who adopt their children or the children themselves aren't "real". Here, I guess I would refer to the parents who raised her as "her parents," and the ones who gave her up as her "birth parents."

It's all awkward, but no harm meant or done :wave:

And PS - at quick count, there are at least six people in my close family who were (past tense because I'm referring to a process that's over) adopted. They're just family, no adjectives needed :)

Last edited:

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ps...regardless of terminology this is just so amazing. That she would be lucky enough to be adopted by and raised by parents who treated her like any other child, and didn't use the word "can't " and what she accomplished is amazing enough, but who her biological relative is....well that was so unexpected. And what would be the chances of her mother even knowing the biological parents' last name!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent