• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Apple Watch!

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have to admit I love watches! I own about 20 of them in different styles and mechanisms. I was a little skeptical about the rumored iwatch.

That being said I think Apple hit it out of the park with the new Apple Watch! Wow! I really love the design! It's really a beautiful looking timepiece with so many choices! I can't wait to get one!

http://www.apple.com/watch/films/#film-design

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I havent owned a watch since John Cameron Swayze sold me a Timex (it takes a licking and keeps on ticking) But I think Ill have to get one of these.

Ironwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
A handsome looking wearable, but rather pricey...typical of Apple products. Not as thin as I would expect. Will I read emails on a watch when I have a smart phone always with me....not likely. Remains to be seen if it will be a success. Seems to me it's just one of those 'we have one too' additions to the Apple lineup. Apple stock shot up 4% to nearly $103 during the webcast, then quickly settled back to the $98 range. Not doing much this morning, so the jury is out.

But the watch is not available until early 2015, and that's a lifetime in this business! They will clearly miss the Black Friday and Christmas market.

Wonka

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Ugly, in my opinion

I guess it's just how we view things, the watch to me looks far too large, thick, and heavy (I'm sure that will change as the technology evolves). I can't even wear some of the thick chrono watches I own because they cause a callus on my wrist joint.

Also, it's been my observation that the youth of today doesn't appear to like to wear watches instead relying on their phones for the time & date. Is the watch also a phone?

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess it's just how we view things, the watch to me looks far too large, thick, and heavy (I'm sure that will change as the technology evolves). I can't even wear some of the thick chrono watches I own because they cause a callus on my wrist joint.

Also, it's been my observation that the youth of today doesn't appear to like to wear watches instead relying on their phones for the time & date. Is the watch also a phone?

It is thick, but I doubt it's very heavy at all. That's actually the style today. If you look at a lot of the young female stars/icons, they pretty much all wear big men's watches like the Rolex Day Date II and I've even seen the Rolex Sea Dweller which is a huge and heavy watch. What's out of style is the smaller ladies watches. They seem to want to wear something big that makes a bold statement.

I don't think it's a phone, but I'm sure it will synch up and work with the iPhone pretty darn well. I think they're going to market it much more as a fitness and fashion (I'm really impressed with the styling and the bands!) device to replace like the Nike fitband and other fitness devices. The integration with maps and the tactile pulses/sensations looks like it has some real potential to assist with walking, biking or running directions and paths.

If anybody's interested, the guy who demonstrates it at the keynote does a really nice job. It starts at around 1:17 of the video.

http://www.apple.com/live/2014-sept-event/

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Remember the size of "portable" home phones ? They were as big as a shoebox. Funny to see them on old TV shows or in old movies.

Someday we'll probably be smiling at the "huge" size of the Apple watch.

I am looking forward to the future developments.

Reminds me, too, of portable radios and then transistor radios in the early days.

Have to go now and check my Apple stock.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I took my watch off the day I retired and if I really need to know the time it's on my cell phone.

I had to know the correct time for things as simple as getting to work on time to people's lives depending of me knowing the exact time by not entering an area once a restriction goes into effect.

We were required to check the accuracy of our watches every time we went on duty. We used our cell phones for accurate time but railroaders today must have them shut off while on duty so back to wrist and pocket watches for them.

I'm very glad I don't need to know it any longer.

I used to love watches and still have many laying around but I never look at watch ads these days and won't look at these either.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I took my watch off the day I retired and if I really need to know the time it's on my cell phone.

I had to know the correct time for things as simple as getting to work on time to people's lives depending of me knowing the exact time by not entering an area once a restriction goes into effect.

We were required to check the accuracy of our watches every time we went on duty. We used our cell phones for accurate time but railroaders today must have them shut off while on duty so back to wrist and pocket watches for them.

I'm very glad I don't need to know it any longer.

I used to love watches and still have many laying around but I never look at watch ads these days and won't look at these either.

If you think the Apple watch's main purpose is to tell time, then you are definitely not their target market.

Kurt

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Force of habit, I guess. I haven't worn a watch since I retired, either. Unless I'm on vacation out of the country and need to know the time to catch a plane/train or some such. I keep a plastic Timex in my carry-on in case I forget to pack one. I have a drawer full of watches- most of them long-since gone battery dead- including the gold, diamond studded one I got at retirement.

That still doesn't stop me from looking at watches darn near daily. Fortunately, I always come to my senses and tell myself, "You old coot, what'd'ya need one of those for?"

From what I read about this Apple 'watch', you have to link it to your iPhone, which I don't have either. So I'll stay tuned for yet another unnecessary item I can ignore.

Jim

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
They will sell bajillions of these watches. I want one. And, I want the version 2 watch which will likely be slimmer, better, faster, etc. I want it now. I want the old Apple that wouldn't announce a product until they had it ready to sell the next day (of course, public filings now influence announcements since applications for wireless needs to happen months before release, etc).

I think it looks fantastic. I'm sure as more details are released we will learn more about what we can do with it, what third party solutions will leverage it, and how it will fit best into our lives.

One thing I don't like, though understand, is that it seems to require nightly charging using a custom power adapter. Yet another thing to carry while traveling.

Sent from my iPad

Magic1962

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grandview at Las Vegas 122000 points annually....
They will sell bajillions of these watches. I want one. And, I want the version 2 watch which will likely be slimmer, better, faster, etc. I want it now. I want the old Apple that wouldn't announce a product until they had it ready to sell the next day (of course, public filings now influence announcements since applications for wireless needs to happen months before release, etc).

I think it looks fantastic. I'm sure as more details are released we will learn more about what we can do with it, what third party solutions will leverage it, and how it will fit best into our lives.

One thing I don't like, though understand, is that it seems to require nightly charging using a custom power adapter. Yet another thing to carry while traveling.

Sent from my iPad
I have an ipad 2, ipad mini with retina display and an iphone 5s.... I do not want the new iphone..... BUT I DO WANT THE WATCH!!! just saying :banana: Dave

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have an ipad 2, ipad mini with retina display and an iphone 5s.... I do not want the new iphone..... BUT I DO WANT THE WATCH!!! just saying :banana: Dave

Me too...I have a mac SE30, PowerMac 6200, and 9600, Am I Mac, an I pad, I pod and an I phone....gonna get the watch too

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
watch

My UP24 stopped working and instead of worrying with getting it fixed, I was thinking of buying the Fitbit since it looks as if it wouldn't get caught on things as easily but now I WANT THAT WATCH!!!!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I have never worn a watch in my life - proudly so (accept for scuba).

With the advent of smart phones - even less need.
But, the A-watch is interesting - I will wait for the 2nd-3rd generation first before changing my lifelong ban.