• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Scottish Independence Vote. Yea or Nay ?

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love Scotland. Beautiful country and wonderful people.

I am very interested in the outcome of today's referendum, but have no idea which way the vote will go.

Any thoughts on this ?

-

Last edited:

Ironwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
We'll know the outcome within hours....then we can debate...what were they thinking!

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Personally, we all should realize governments are not efficient if too small ... Scotland is a small land mass with small population ...

SO .... yes, the kilts are traditional and they share the Queen with England (will she be beheaded if this gets approved?)... both very cute ---

But their own Navy and Air Force, Income Tax, duties, foreign relations, health department & insurance, old age fund, and currency (don't think they will want the US Dollar?) ... all of this independent stuff is expensive!!!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
A gentle reminder: Let's not make this political..... :hi:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Who needs a a Queen or soon to be King Charles for that matter?

Do you know something that the rest of the world doesn't know, because that goes against all common knowledge on the subject?

Last edited:

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of the Quebec referendum in 1995. Too close to count and I don't want to go down that road again.

Joan

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought the popular bet was that the queen was holding out until Prince Billy could step up. Dad gets the throne then abdicated leaving it to son.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Personally, we all should realize governments are not efficient if too small ... Scotland is a small land mass with small population ...

SO .... yes, the kilts are traditional and they share the Queen with England (will she be beheaded if this gets approved?)... both very cute ---

But their own Navy and Air Force, Income Tax, duties, foreign relations, health department & insurance, old age fund, and currency (don't think they will want the US Dollar?) ... all of this independent stuff is expensive!!!
My thoughts also. The Scottish heart or the Scottish head. Which will vote.

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm anxiously watching for updates but I think it may be awhile still. My bet is that NO will win. I think it is close though.

SMHarmon, you are right. It is the Scottish head vs the Scottish heart. :)

Deb

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I've been listening to the BBC on the live results, and the commentary is hilarious. The first few results are all for 'no'.

Sent from my iPad

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

Apparently the Scots do, they have indicated that even with a Yes vote that they will retain the British Monarchy as the head of state.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I thought the popular bet was that the queen was holding out until Prince Billy could step up. Dad gets the throne then abdicated leaving it to son.

I don't believe that's true at all - in fact quite the contrary. Historically, "abdication" has very negative connotations in Great Britain.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
Unfortunately they voted no :annoyed:

Still, at least the pound has shot up in value.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, per the British newspaper headlines this morning, "Reunited Kingdom".

Interesting commentary on BBC World News all this morning. Nice to see Edinburgh again.

-

Last edited:
L

laurac260

Unfortunately they voted no :annoyed:

Still, at least the pound has shot up in value.

I don't have a stake in the decision, though the theories that I have been hearing is that a yes vote could cause much destabilization in your area. Being from the other side of the pond, mind if I ask why you were disappointed?

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
The reason I'm disappointed is because we have witnessed so much vitriol from a large proportion of the Scottish public

As in most cases in situations like this it sounds like it was just a very vocal MINORITY as evidenced by the NO vote by the public at large.

Keep calm and carry on.

Last edited:

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Despite whatever one's interests or leanings were (I could see both sides- glad I did not have to vote - I'm conflicted enough ) this was a passionate, but orderly (so far) exercise of a democratic process.

On the BBC this morning, there was a pro-separatist Catalan spokesman who commented on his region's movement towards separation from Spain. Although it did not succeed in Scotland, he had praise for the voter turnout and the arguments put forth, both pro & con.

Perhaps this will be a beacon of hope and serve as an example for other countries.

-

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
[I'm sorry, but "political" commentary will only result in this thread being closed. I realize that it's a fine line, but negative comments about the voters, or issues, on either side of this election are clearly "political."]

Last edited by a moderator:

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would love to hear from any Scottish Tugger, not so much as a rebuttal, but from one's perspective who has had the lived-experience.

(self-edited)

-

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As in most cases in situations like this it sounds like it was just a very vocal MINORITY as evidenced by the NO vote by the public at large.

Keep calm and carry on.

It's more than a minority, trust me. The result isn't an indication of the public's opinion of their southern neighbours but rather an affirmation that they know what's in their best interests.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's more than a minority, trust me. The result isn't an indication of the public's opinion of their southern neighbours but rather an affirmation that they know what's in their best interests.

One would hope that a large turnout of voters with a result of their 'best interests' being upheld, indicates a better informed electorate than in some elections decided by who spends the most.

Jim