• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
After many requests, we have implemented the new specific Hilton / Hilton Grand Vacations club forum.

Current moderator and Hilton owner Bill4728 will be taking over this forum and we should start moving existing hilton threads out of the old "hotel based" forum shortly!

Enjoy!

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your work Brian!

Hopefully everyone enjoys the new format.

So far it looks great! :)

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Thank you for listening to the requests. (I made one of them.)

This whole section is a big improvement.

Last edited:

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
My First TUG BBS Posting

:wave: I joined TUG BBS today. My ownership with HGVC started in 2001 at the Orlando SeaWorld property. My wife and I have had a very good experience with HGVC resorts, RCI exchanges, cruises, and HHonors redemptions. Having a site devoted to HGVC will certainly help.

Our most recent vacation was at the Grand Mayan Riveriera Maya, which was booked via an RCI exchange. The resort was wonderful. However, we were subjected to a high pressure sales pitch in exchange for a reduced price on various tours and hotel charges. I don't think that saving a few bucks was worth it. The trip to Chitzen Itza is not to be missed.

Jaybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure I'm in the right place, but does anyone know if you can reserve at the Kauai Beach Resort on points? When I go to Hilton Honors, it tells me there are no Hilton Hotels other than Wailua. I know. I should call Hilton, but if anyone here knows, it would be easier than jumping through hoops on the phone. ;)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Not sure I'm in the right place, but does anyone know if you can reserve at the Kauai Beach Resort on points? When I go to Hilton Honors, it tells me there are no Hilton Hotels other than Wailua. I know. I should call Hilton, but if anyone here knows, it would be easier than jumping through hoops on the phone. ;)

The Kauai Beach Resort hasn't been a Hilton for a couple of years. It's managed by Aqua now. Their regular prices are quite good. We own at the adjacent TS, and are renting one night at the hotel before our TS stay.

Jaybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Denise. I should have figured that out, but people keep referring to the KBV being "next to the Hilton", and I thought that, since we're not getting the week we thought at KBV, that we could spend a few nights next door on points. (whine! Whine!)
I appreciate you helping me out again.:clap:

GlobeHopper

TUG Member
Reaction score
My first day as a new TUG member (and new to HGVC, too!)

Hi everyone! After being an off-and-on guest on TUG, I decided to join today. :cheer: My husband & I purchased a HGVC timeshare on Hawaii's Big Island less than a year ago and haven't had a chance to use our HGVC membership or "bonus points" yet and we need to get movin'! Like other newbies, I find the whole timeshare thing a bit overwhelming and confusing. TUG, thanks for having a forum specifically for those interested in Hilton /HGVC!

If you are a HGVC member who has any words of wisdom with the best way to use the bonus points we were given upon purchasing, we're all ears. I have done some homework on it and it appears we'd get the most for our points by using them up at the HGVC resorts (versus having them turned into HHonors points, booking a cruise, car rentals, ...). However, there aren't that many club resorts in their portfolio considering they have multiple properties in Florida and Vegas.

Also, if anyone has exchanged their bonus or club points for an exchange in RCI we would welcome any tips!

We have a lot to mull over :ponder: .

Thanks!

ppurdy

Reaction score
Thank You!

Been looking for owner's feedback, tips and tricks etc.
PPurdy

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Been looking for owner's feedback, tips and tricks etc.
PPurdy

You will likely have better luck posting your question in the HGVC forum instead of the sticky thread.

A gentle suggestion - you will get more responses with specific questions.

Do you own HGVC now? If so, where and how many points?

Or

Are you considering HGVC? Where and how do you like to travel?

There are a lot of knowledgable people on the HGVC forum who are willing to answer your questions.

fidol

Reaction score
Acronyms

Is there a Hgvc acronyms thread?
Thanks

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure I'm in the right place, but does anyone know if you can reserve at the Kauai Beach Resort...
Definitely NOT the right place...but the Kauai Beach Resort is an Aqua property. Also, Marriott Vacation Club has some properties in the Lihue area.

That said...not sure where the admins should move this.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)