• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lagoon renovations

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
All,

A separate thread speculated that Lagoon would be renovated in 2015. I'm trying to find out if this is confirmed, does anyone know?

Thanks!

Greg

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Greg,

You can normally find updates in the HOA letter that is mailed along with the annual Maintenance Fee Statement for the Lagoon Tower. Sometime it's available online under the HOA section (see below).

November 2014

Dear Hawaiian Village Vacation Suites Owner,

Aloha from your home away from home! With the end of the year on the horizon, we take this opportunity to reflect on the property related highlights that occurred throughout 2014, and outline some upcoming projects.

Earlier this year, we fought certain proposed tax legislation that both the county and state had been trying to enact. If enacted as proposed, we may have seen an increase in both our real property taxes and our Transient Occupancy Tax (“TOT”). However, we were successful in fighting the TOT and only half of the proposed real property tax increase was approved, resulting in a comparatively minor increase to your maintenance fees.

We completed several projects this year, including the laundry room renovation, wireless Internet upgrade to improve performance, installation of corner guards in all guest hallways and the lobby renovation. Looking ahead, we are currently in the design stage of the elevator cab refurbishment project, and the Board has approved the design and model unit in anticipation of the unit interior renovation project scheduled for early next year. The unit refurbishment will include new carpet, furniture, drapes, lighting, a fresh coat of paint and more. We are excited about the new design and hope you are satisfied with the updates.

After receiving input from many of our Japanese Owners, the Association has begun to reserve funds for the addition of TOTO washlets to the master bathroom in each unit. The current plan is to add the upgraded toilet seats within the next two years.

As always, we remain committed to maintaining the resort to Hilton standards, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
That sounds like a reasonably comprehensive refresh. Glad to see HGVC and the HOA are working to keep the units up to date.

Not surprised to the note about the Japanese owners are asking about the Toto Toilet/bidet units. Those are very popular in Japan, even in many public washrooms.

vacationbear

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed in room 2167 in July.
It was just great! :banana:
The room appeared to be upgraded! Nice paint, no nicks, dents, cracks in the walls, appliances, carpet, you name it.

Last July we stayed in a 3 bd penthouse (marina view) witch was (as far as carpet and paint is concerned) not nearly as nice!

Our 2bd this year was just picture perfect, just as you see them in those glossy brochures.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Renovations starting in September

Posted on Tripadvisor - http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...on_Hawaiian_Village-Honolulu_Oahu_Hawaii.html

Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations Suites at Hilton Hawaiian Village, responded to this review, 1 week ago

Aloha. Thank you for staying with us on your last visit to Honolulu. Thank you also for taking the time to let us know about your experience while here, both good and bad. I am happy that you were able to enjoy the suite at Grand Waikikian, and I am sorry that you did not enjoy the accommodations in the Lagoon Tower. As you noted, the Lagoon Tower is in need of a renovation. I am very happy to be able to write that beginning in September, we will begin renovation from the top floor and working down. All of the Lagoon Suites had their kitchen appliances and cabinets upgraded in 2014, and now we can finish the process. We have only one room in the entire tower with a complete renovation, and this room is our sample for the remaining suites. I hope you don’t feel slighted with the assurance that the Hotel Operations Management Team’s primary goal is to have happy owners who enjoy their time with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

John R. Reagan
Resort Manager

hockeybrain

TUG Member
Reaction score
We recently returned after 11 days at HHV. Reps told us Lagoon renovation starting on or about September 1, 2015 going until early 2016. Nobody knows for sure how long renovations will take but all rooms getting a refresh with the new patterns for show in the lobby. Plumbing supposedly getting opened up so expect the Lagoon to be in really good shape on or about March 1, 2016 if everything goes as planned. People there I spoke with seemed to think they would be done in six months. One elevator will be tied up and the plan supposedly would be renovation from upper floors downward until completed. One or two lower units already were renovated I suppose as mock up rooms to ensure renovation standard. :cheer:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Woohoo, good timimg, we are booked for early May next year.

Sent from my iPad using the strange new version of Tapatalk

jestme

Reaction score
Wonderful. I'm booked for January.....
Funny, there was nothing on the website that mentioned construction when we booked...