• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What would you rent for $1,000 per night?

S

Steamboat Bill

I have never stayed in a hotel, condo, or house rental for more than $600 per night....althought my cruise on Freedom of The Seas cost me more than $1000 per day, that included two adjoining rooms (pretty small BTW) food and activities for 4 people.

When I checked into VBRO.com for a house rental in Deer Valley...many rent for MORE than $1,000 per night. Thus, this is the reason for the popularity of Destination Clubs.

Thus, my question is....What would you rent for $1,000 per night? give or take a few hundred.

Has anyone ever paid this much before? How about NYC, London, Dubai, Peter Island?

I assume that these rentals are for large families and need large places to stay. In theory, if you travel with 10 people or more...then you should judge a property as $ per person/per night as a good guide.

mjs

TUG Member
Reaction score
This past summer I rented a house(oceanfront) in Virginia Beach for $1000 per night.
Sleeps 20, or $50/night/person, 9 bedrooms
In ground pool, 2 wrap around balconies, 2 kitchens, 3 living rooms, pool table, home theatre and more. Great vacation, not a bad price per person. Never felt crowded.
Mark

folashade

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Villages, SDO ,Kierland
A Yacht Charter with a group of friends

S

Steamboat Bill

A Yacht Charter with a group of friends

That was my most expensive vacation in my life....$14,000 for one week....including a $2,000 tip

Private 60 foot catamaran charter with a captain and first mate around the BVI for one week during the Summer of 2005.

There was 8 people and 100% of everything was included....I did not spend one dime, even on shore excursions.

All food, drinks, alcohol, side trips, etc was included....the rooms were smaller than my closet and the shower was like a coffin...but the experience was fantastic.

That was $250 per person / per day.

I have friends that have spent over $50,000 chartering a 100 foot yacht to the Bahamas....but I do not have that much free cash.

short

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would rent you my house for $1000 per night.

Come one, come all.

I will rent my house in So Cal 4 bedroom 3 bath pool home for $1000 per night.

Comes with a dog, cat and possibly a weekend visit from a college age son or daughter.

Cheers,

Short:D