• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disney Photopass +

slomac

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Ridge Tahoe x2

Grand Pacific Palisades

Marriott Shadow Ridge

SDO

Kauai Beach Villas
Just got back from Disneyworld and I wanted to post my experience with Photopass Plus. If you order it at least 14 days before you leave it is only $150 which is a $50 savings. It is nice because we didn't have to lug around our big camera and we were able to get a lot of shots of our whole family. They were at a lot of the character encounters too. If you get the plus it includes the pictures they take on the rides you just have to give them your photopass card to scan in when you get off the ride. We did a character meal at Tusker house and they gave us the photos there for free since we had photopass. That was a bonus since I didn't expect that. Our friends were at Disney at the same time and were able to add their photo pass cards to our account so we are splitting the cost. Now that we are home I have logged in and viewed the pictures and can add boarders and send them to Costco or whereever to print myself. I totally recommend this for those of you who are doing a family trip to Disney. You get professional once in a lifetime photos for what I consider a fair price.

ilenekm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got back from Disneyworld and I wanted to post my experience with Photopass Plus. If you order it at least 14 days before you leave it is only $150 which is a $50 savings. It is nice because we didn't have to lug around our big camera and we were able to get a lot of shots of our whole family. They were at a lot of the character encounters too. If you get the plus it includes the pictures they take on the rides you just have to give them your photopass card to scan in when you get off the ride. We did a character meal at Tusker house and they gave us the photos there for free since we had photopass. That was a bonus since I didn't expect that. Our friends were at Disney at the same time and were able to add their photo pass cards to our account so we are splitting the cost. Now that we are home I have logged in and viewed the pictures and can add boarders and send them to Costco or whereever to print myself. I totally recommend this for those of you who are doing a family trip to Disney. You get professional once in a lifetime photos for what I consider a fair price.

How long can you use the photopass for? We have a trip in October and January and was wondering if it would be valid for both stays or do we have to do it twice?

slomac

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Ridge Tahoe x2

Grand Pacific Palisades

Marriott Shadow Ridge

SDO

Kauai Beach Villas
pretty sure it is just good for 14 days from activation. and then the photos are available online for 30 days.

RandR

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is just for 14 days from the start of use. We did it for the first time on our trip in April and loved it. We almost never had shots of the three of us, DW, DD and me, and now were have many from this trip. They are all great pictures. Plus there are "special" photos that some of the photographers can take that will superimpose Disney characters into your pictures. They were awesome.

Myxdvz

TUG Member
Reaction score
We got this for our recent June trip and loved it as well.

Since it was an early summer trip, we were expecting the crowds to be heavier. Since we had the Photopass+, our goal was to:

- ride all the photo rides (total of 8). if you get this separately, it's about ~$50
- character dining ADRs (we did 3 of 8), Tusker House, Ohana and 1900 Park Fare. I cancelled our Akershus one. This was $32 per photo package if bought separately.

With the above alone, we got our $$$ worth already. And since we have the CD, we also did as many Magic Shots as we can find photographers for :) Tinkerbell, Balloons, Simba, Soarin, Princess and the Frog. There are still a few we weren't able to do, so we're targetting those for our next trip!

The pass is good 14 days from when you actually exchange the voucher (if you prepay). I wish they include the cruise on these. We have an upcoming WDW/Cruise/WDW trip that is within 14 days.

lilpooh108

Reaction score
We got this for our recent June trip and loved it as well.

Since it was an early summer trip, we were expecting the crowds to be heavier. Since we had the Photopass+, our goal was to:

- ride all the photo rides (total of 8). if you get this separately, it's about ~$50
- character dining ADRs (we did 3 of 8), Tusker House, Ohana and 1900 Park Fare. I cancelled our Akershus one. This was $32 per photo package if bought separately.

With the above alone, we got our $$$ worth already. And since we have the CD, we also did as many Magic Shots as we can find photographers for :) Tinkerbell, Balloons, Simba, Soarin, Princess and the Frog. There are still a few we weren't able to do, so we're targetting those for our next trip!

The pass is good 14 days from when you actually exchange the voucher (if you prepay). I wish they include the cruise on these. We have an upcoming WDW/Cruise/WDW trip that is within 14 days.

What is Magic Shots?

Myxdvz

TUG Member
Reaction score

JPD

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was told if you get the photo pass plus, you get a cd with all the pictures to print out as you see fit.

Myxdvz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was told if you get the photo pass plus, you get a cd with all the pictures to print out as you see fit.

Yes, that is true. If you get the Photopass or the Photopass Plus, you get the CD of ALL the pictures in your account including enhanced photos (with borders, etc). Once you are done with all your enhancements -- you would still have to order the CD (wait until your last day in the park) or better yet, you can do it online. Make sure it's within 30 days. You need to enter the Voucher # that comes in the Photopass/Photopass Plus package that you got to reduce the price to 0. If ordered online, you can choose to download the files (which is what I normally do), vs having a CD shipped to you -- I know that if you order it in the park, they will put it in a CD (or multiple CDs if you have lots of pictures).

You also get another CD of beautiful photos of the park and characters.

itradehilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just ordered my CD, I spent my time on the long flight back to add borders.:whoopie:

nursie

TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI: If you are staying longer than 14 days and call customer service/support number they will extend your photopass+. We were there almost a month and they extended our expiration date for adding pictures 2 additional weeks at no cost.
It pays to ask!
We did exchange our photopass card/lanyard for a new one at 14 days but never got charged an additional amount and I had bought it in advance for $149.
Definitely worth it with all of our free attraction/ride photos from rides, character breakfast packages, etc.
GREAT deal.